The New Raith Rovers Thread

I suppose it makes sense to an extent bates going there rather than playing with out reserve team. Gives him a chance to impress at ibrox and if he doesn't he should hopefully come back a better player learning off the likes of weir. He would have been better going out to l1 and playing competitive games every week though.

Martin we struggled to break down Alloa so the more the better! Hopefully it will see us move away from the 442 as it just won't work for us.

47 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

Just how many attacking midfielders do we need?

He'll enjoy his time sitting next to his Ibrox colleague on the bench....

Edited by renton

19 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Fair enough, well I didn't expect another new signing, albeit at the expense of the excellent David Bates. Not sure what it'll mean in the long term. But it adds another option to our midfield, which while containing significant numbers lacked creativity in the middle.

All the guys billed as "attacking midfielders" so far have been played out wide.

On 24 July 2016 at 19:10, Beachbum said:

Here's something new - Shaughan McGuigan's view of yesterday's game in the FFP.

Another step in his learning curve training and learning with an alledged larger club to be fair both sides benefit.  Did we not have a youth player several  years ago go to Rangers for training Lee Bryce wasn't it, unfortunately didn't quite work for him.  How the f**k do I get this crap from my posting please.

Edited by Par hater
unwanted crap on my posting.

Another step in his learning curve training and learning with an alledged larger club to be fair both sides benefit.  Did we not have a youth player several  years ago go to Rangers for training Lee Bryce wasn't it, unfortunately didn't quite work for him.  How the f**k do I get this crap from my posting please.

In that case we can expect to see Bates working at Glenrothes Morrison's within 2-3 years.