The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Rovers tweeted saying to expect some movement...but that could just be in general! More likely out than in You would think. Would love some defensive cover though. 

Edited by Wardy

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Question for you, SD. If a player is on a development loan, can he play for the "child" club's development squad as well as the parent's, or is he limited to the first team?

As far as I can see there's nothing in the rules to say he can't though that clearly isn't the intention of the loan. I think it's intended for players in a "bigger" team's Development squad to also play first team at a lower level for experience. However the only rule appears to be that once on Development Loan they can't play 1st team for the parent club. Nothing in the rules says anything about what level they can play at for the borrowing club.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I can see there's nothing in the rules to say he can't though that clearly isn't the intention of the loan. I think it's intended for players in a "bigger" team's Development squad to also play first team at a lower level for experience. However the only rule appears to be that once on Development Loan they can't play 1st team for the parent club. Nothing in the rules says anything about what level they can play at for the borrowing club.

Thanks for that. I don't know if you saw, but we've loaned David Bates to Rangers, and although he's been on the bench for their first team a few times, the intention was clearly there for him to play for their Under 20s (and I assume he has been) but it got me thinking on a purely hypothetical level about whether or not we could've asked him to play in our Under 20s game tonight. 

I don't think it's actually been confirmed anywhere if it's a proper loan (I can't remember the terminology) or a development loan, but the assumption is that it's the latter. 

46 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We've signed Ross Perry that was at you guys before, what did you all make of him? Good signing at our level? 

Unless there has been a total change of attitude....truly dreadful.

Dunno if Barry can get anything from him but was D"ross" for us.

Soz min.