The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought he'd get away with it this year with missing the first of pre-season whilst he was on his honeymoon. Sadly, not so. 

A bloody nightmare run of luck, all things told. Great player, which makes it all the more frustrating. 

Whilst we're on the subject of injured players, anyone remember a guy called Scott Robertson?

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I thought he'd get away with it this year with missing the first of pre-season whilst he was on his honeymoon. Sadly, not so. 

A bloody nightmare run of luck, all things told. Great player, which makes it all the more frustrating. 

Whilst we're on the subject of injured players, anyone remember a guy called Scott Robertson?

Aye, am sure he played for Scotland once. Is he a free agent like?

On 24 October 2016 at 15:53, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We'll still not see him back until February.

When does his contract run out? Even if he comes back as a cracking player for the last 3 months of the season again like he always does, I wouldn't keep him on for next season. Been a massive waste of money.

As good a player as he is when fit, I agree.

We've had about a full season out of him in the three seasons he's been at us.

He played at home to Montrose in the cup too, albeit the game was played like a friendly. Didn't do a great deal. It did seem strange to have an empty spot on the bench last week and no Osei/Thorsen/McKay/Stevenson etc there to fill the gap though. 

I don''t see any harm in having him on the bench, but with three fit strikers plus Skacel I find it unlikely he'd end up on the pitch.

He played at home to Montrose in the cup too, albeit the game was played like a friendly. Didn't do a great deal. It did seem strange to have an empty spot on the bench last week and no Osei/Thorsen/McKay/Stevenson etc there to fill the gap though. 

I don''t see any harm in having him on the bench, but with three fit strikers plus Skacel I find it unlikely he'd end up on the pitch.

Osei is banging them in... albeit at development league which is more than what either Skacel and Vaughan have done this season. Neither have scored a single goal yet. Pretty sure Osei can do a bit more than both if given the chance. He was signed for the first team yet hasn't had a sniff of it.

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

McKay has been on loan to Montrose and was only recalled this week.

McKay has been on loan to Montrose and was only recalled this week.

Recalled? Thought Davo did a decent job there last week. Smith could be back this week and we'll probably have his loan extended for another month until Thomson comes back. Bit unnecessary recalling him from some valuable game time to come back to sit on the bench if that..

Unless he isn't getting game time at Montrose..

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Recalled? Thought Davo did a decent job there last week. Smith could be back this week and we'll probably have his loan extended for another month until Thomson comes back. Bit unnecessary recalling him from some valuable game time to come back to sit on the bench if that..

Unless he isn't getting game time at Montrose..

He's better off getting a game in the development squad than sitting on his arse at Montrose.

52 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Osei is banging them in... albeit at development league which is more than what either Skacel and Vaughan have done this season. Neither have scored a single goal yet. Pretty sure Osei can do a bit more than both if given the chance. He was signed for the first team yet hasn't had a sniff of it.

I agree with your main point that Osei must be pushing to get more involved in the first team with his goals.

Vaughan has been poor since he came back from injury but he was out for a year, he was never going to come back as the same player quickly. Also pretty sure he scored a couple of goals in his outing for the development team the other week so the same as Osei. 

It's not too long ago he was being hailed as a messiah, the truth of his ability is bang in the middle between that opinion and the one he has suddenly turned to shite. We need to be patient with him coming back and hopefully his form will pick up. An injury and surgery at that important stage of his career has a lot more of an impact that people think. He needs to show more in his sub appearances than he did against Hibs if he's to get himself back in the team though.

Vaughan scored a couple of goals in the group stage of the League Cup.

Aye, Vaughans free kick against Hibs sums up how its went for him this season.

Absolutely this. He's had a few efforts of the same manor this season, no where near goal to think he was going for it there or short enough to think that was a half decent cross. Pish everyone of them!

Unless we can find an adequate replacement then we'll probably struggle a bit, given a lot of our chances come via Barr. Time for one of the fringe players to show what they can do. Perhaps Johnston - sorry, Mini Messi - can show what he's all about, given a few games.

...maybe Davo could be a utility winger, after his most competent display at RB.