The New Raith Rovers Thread

Now it's obvious why we signed Stevo. Aitken knew Gary Locke would be desperate for him in January, and then used him to get us a player on loan that we'd otherwise have no chance of getting.

You aren't getting David Smith for Locke bingo btw, he's been pretty excellent at RB.

Do you have any ex Hearts players you'd like to get off the wage bill? If so give Gary a call and he'll sort you out.

We could give you Callum Tapping? He fits the ex-hearts criteria. I mean, he's injured and won't play again this season, but I'm sure he'd still be more effective than Ryan Stevenson.

I think there's an eclectic charm to Shatners reimagining of Pulps seminal classic.

The good thing is that Vaughan has signed an extension.

He's not getting game time so a loan is not the worst idea so long as there is potential to call him back.

But sending him to Dumbarton for f**k sake.

It's hard to work out who is more at fault here- Gary Locke or Rovers' fuckin board. It's really hard to take that your own board would stab you in the back like that. I haven't felt this bad since they sold Stark's Park. c***s, all of them.

Surely I can't be the only 1 who's happy with this move with Vaughan, he'll get game time and build his confidence back up. And hopefully come back raring to go for the new season. (As I hoped for in my previous comment about him being offered a new deal.) I don't think anyone can disagree he has been mince so far this season and any touch to the back of him, he's on the deck.
I say good luck to Vaughany and get back to your best for us next season [emoji1360]

10 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

If Vaughan scores the goals that take Dumbarton above us then Locke will be in a spot of bother.

Do you have any ex Hearts players you'd like to get off the wage bill? If so give Gary a call and he'll sort you out.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We could give you Callum Tapping? He fits the ex-hearts criteria. I mean, he's injured and won't play again this season, but I'm sure he'd still be more effective than Ryan Stevenson.

:lol:

Its the perfect solution.

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

Surely I can't be the only 1 who's happy with this move with Vaughan, he'll get game time and build his confidence back up. And hopefully come back raring to go for the new season. (As I hoped for in my previous comment about him being offered a new deal.) I don't think anyone can disagree he has been mince so far this season and any touch to the back of him, he's on the deck.
I say good luck to Vaughany and get back to your best for us next season emoji1360.png

No, there are hundreds of Dumbarton fans perfectly happy with it too

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

I say good luck to Vaughany and get back to your best for us next season emoji1360.png

I don't really object to Vaughn getting game time.

Not to a team who sit just below us.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't really object to Vaughn getting game time.

Not to a team who sit just below us.

You'd have ideally thought a month loan or such to get him some time in a league one team. 

The reaction on facebook is absolutely crazy. Folk are really unhappy about the fact that we're going for Stevenson, Skacel and McManus ahead of Vaughan. It'll be interesting to see how the club come out to this given all their attempts to use twitter and social media comments. 

You'd have ideally thought a month loan or such to get him some time in a league one team. 
The reaction on facebook is absolutely crazy. Folk are really unhappy about the fact that we're going for Stevenson, Skacel and McManus ahead of Vaughan. It'll be interesting to see how the club come out to this given all their attempts to use twitter and social media comments. 

Vaughan has clearly been used as bait to allow Locke to get Stevenson in.

The whole thing is madness.

35 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

To be fair Stevenson was pretty effective when he banged one in the top corner in Dumfries this season?

16 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

Vaughan has clearly been used as bait to allow Locke to get Stevenson in.

The whole thing is madness.

I pretty much called this as soon as the Vaughan rumour was spouted on here.

It does seem a bit mad but if he goes out and fires in a few goals. If Raith pick up from now and remain above us also, then it has all worked out perfectly for Locke.

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Does Gary Locke have history with Raith fans from his playing days, a reason he might hate us?

It's the only thing I can think of that would explain his apparent need to f**k us over.

Well he may have a reason to hate Ayr United :lol: Hence going out of his way to boost our relegation chances.