The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thats exactly  what i was thinking but the club will be to afraid of upsetting  lewis or Dumbarton. After tonight amd the fiasco with the spfl its time to look after ourselves.

Vaughan is under contract for next season - exceptional news given or current plight - the absolute last thing we want to do is annoy him by not allowing him to play for the rest of the season. We made our bed, it's time to lie in it. Let him get game time under his belt and hope he comes back to us and shows the same quality and endeavour that we all know he is capable of.

On a purely moral point, I couldn't support the club knowing that we did that to him. Whatever the reasons for sending him to Dumbarton, we need to stand by them now.

26 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

VAUGHAN. IT'S CHRISTING VAUGHAN.

The amount of times I've seen people dropping the A is obscene. It really irks me too, for reasons I'm yet to full understand.

Also, no. 

For some reason, Vaughn is stored in my phones dictionary. So Vaughn it is. Soz.

Screw the morality. If it in any way makes Dumbarton a bit easier to catch I'm all for it. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Vaughan is under contract for next season - exceptional news given or current plight - the absolute last thing we want to do is annoy him by not allowing him to play for the rest of the season. We made our bed, it's time to lie in it. Let him get game time under his belt and hope he comes back to us and shows the same quality and endeavour that we all know he is capable of.

On a purely moral point, I couldn't support the club knowing that we did that to him. Whatever the reasons for sending him to Dumbarton, we need to stand by them now.

Problem being is that the bed we have made is currently on fire, and we are covered in petrol.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

For some reason, Vaughn is stored in my phones dictionary. So Vaughn it is. Soz.

Screw the morality. If it in any way makes Dumbarton a bit easier to catch I'm all for it. :lol:

St Mirren changes to St MirreB in mine and I've no idea how to change it, so I fully understand.

Nae excuses for anyone else though

31 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

VAUGHAN. IT'S CHRISTING VAUGHAN.

The amount of times I've seen people dropping the A is obscene. It really irks me too, for reasons I'm yet to full understand.

Also, no. 

"Fully understand" 8):whistle

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We're not a charity. As we'er nearly at the stage of relying on other results he could conceivably score the goal that puts us down. Get him recalled.

Exactly hes our player so if it upsets him so what. If he did score a goal  that put us down im sure he would be very popular  next season. Im sure someone will say he is just being professional but he must understand  the situation. 

I had consigned myself to 9th, but now it appears it'll be 10th. At least there won't be any play off pain to endure.

If/when we do go down, finishing 10th will probably be better assuming that St Mirren end up surviving.

I wouldn't fancy going up against them in League 1.

Exactly hes our player so if it upsets him so what. If he did score a goal  that put us down im sure he would be very popular  next season. Im sure someone will say he is just being professional but he must understand  the situation. 

:lol:

The boy just wants to play football, he wasn't getting it here, so he's on loan, he's helping a team achieve its status in this league and playing a pivotal role for them..

Surely, you'd want him to continue to achieve this so his confidence is high for whatever league we're in next season? If we're in League One, he could be an extremely valuable player for us next year, we bring him back then that's the end of Lewis Vaughan at the Rovers.

We're not a charity. As we'er nearly at the stage of relying on other results he could conceivably score the goal that puts us down. Get him recalled.

I'm at the stage where I'm expecting to finish bottom. Why would you want a young player's career hit a massive dead end with us refusing to let him play any sort of first-team football.

If we go down, it's not Lewis Vaughan that has relegated us.

Ah, Gary Locke and his pearls (or should that be perils) of wisdom. 

Usually it takes about 5 seasons to make as many bad decisions as we've managed in this one 

Edited by Michael W

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Should you not be asking why are we not producing young players good enough for our first team and instead are having to loan young players from top flight clubs? Most of the youngsters we've had on loan from the old firm previously haven't been a patch on the players we've produced ourselves. Some of them in fact should never have been getting picked ahead of our own boys at the time. I'm not saying ban it completely but to me being able to have 4 is far too much. Teams should surely be striving to produce a standard of young player that means we don't need to bring in other youngsters on loan.

Teams do produce young talent for their teams, just because they aren't immediately ready for this level of football doesn't mean the loan system makes it a mockery. 

Not every team is able to pile 6 figure sums into their youth system every year to ensure they produce players year after year. It would be great if we did, but that's not achievable for everyone.

9 hours ago, Frank conner said:

For a club who are being branded amateurs for their behaviour this week, I'm not sure recalling your brightest young prospect to sit in the stands for 2 months would be the wisest move. It's an incredibly short sighted view you're taking there.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

For a club who are being branded amateurs for their behaviour this week, I'm not sure recalling your brightest young prospect to sit in the stands for 2 months would be the wisest move. It's an incredibly short sighted view you're taking there.

It was fucking amateur letting him go in the first place.