The New Raith Rovers Thread

How many players have moved directly between ourselves and the Pars permanently in recent times? 
I can't think of too many. Craig Wilson, Andy Tod, Joe Cardle. I can think of a few loans and loads that have played for both but doesn't seem too common for players to move directly between the two.

Was Pat Clarke one? Played for everyone in Fife it seemed.

Iain Williamson tae.

ETA didn't realise he's been playing in Iceland for the last five years and has to retire a couple of months ago because of a gammy hip.

Jamie Mole, very much the Gavin Reilly of his day, was loaned to Pars and then Raith. What did either team ever do to Hearts to deserve the treatment we get from them?

Someone shared a recent picture of him on Twitter, holding a can of Fosters. I found the Fosters rather metaphorical of his footballing career as it seemed that people would only sign him because they didn't understand football very well and just picked the first player available.

at our level, its prob more about travel and relocation - these guys aren't on mega bucks, so imagine when there contact is up, its easier for most of them to nip look at another team along the road, rather than relocating.

Aye, I heard Iain Williamson had a short commute from Reykjavik airport.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Someone shared a recent picture of him on Twitter, holding a can of Fosters. I found the Fosters rather metaphorical of his footballing career as it seemed that people would only sign him because they didn't understand football very well and just picked the first player available.

I think Hearts just cast a net out onto Gorgie Road and randomly sign folk in the hope they may find a diamond in the rough. When they've established their signing is clearly appalling at football they loan them to us. Gav probably just popped out from behind the counter of Greggs for quick ciggie and found himself ensnared in a three year deal at Tynecastle. There can be no other logical reason about how these charlatans end up in Fife.

I think Hearts just cast a net out onto Gorgie Road and randomly sign folk in the hope they may find a diamond in the rough. When they've established their signing is clearly appalling at football they loan them to us. Gav probably just popped out from behind the counter of Greggs for quick ciggie and found himself ensnared in a three year deal at Tynecastle. There can be no other logical reason about how these charlatans end up in Fife.

Jamie Mole was found screaming at pigeons outside Haymarket.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Would explain McHattie for sure.

52 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Craig Robertson

Mind when Hibs fans told us Brewster was done, past it, finished...............

Simply didn't happen.  Brewster got offered more money from Dunfermline when they where spending money they didn't have.  Brewster was class for us. 

4 hours ago, SuperHans said:

An apology to the fans is exactly what I'd have expected from Thomson. He didn't have the best season and wouldn't be comfortable with him if we were still in the Championship next season. But as we're not, then I'd be happy to see him give it a go to get us back up.

Should have manned up and taken a penalty IMHO

Today's FFP

According to Chairman Young: "However, there are a core of players who accept that they have created the problem and who want to do everything they possibly can to resolve it."

What a fuckin ridiculous statement from the arrogant c**t. None of this would have happened if they hadn't appointed Locke.

Edited by Beachbum

Players were informed of the club’s intention to remain full-time in League One, however, they have also been told that their wages will be cut, in some cases by as much as 25 per cent.

Read more at: http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-players-weigh-up-future-amid-wage-cuts-as-boss-hunt-begins-1-4449798

I would imagine, rather than being told, there would have been a specified % reduction in wages in the event of relegation.... which they would have known when they signed their contracts.