The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's more and arguably better players in our squad that I'd be happy to keep.

Who? Callachan hasn't had a decent game in over a year IMO. We know he has the potential to be an excellent midfielder who can control games. He didn't do it at all in the season just past.

Court has played 4 games like you say. There is absolutely no way in knowing how he's going to be for us if he even gets offered a new deal or not.

I'll give you Matthews. He's been the only shining light in the season just past which is backed up by the stats in the games he started compared to the games he wasn't part of.

If I had to pick 2 of those to keep though. It would be Vaughan and Matthews.

Eh, was it not Jordan Thompson on loan for the rest of the season and...ehm...Scott Roberts?

That's exactly what we got.

Apparently we have sell-on clauses in his Rangers deal though.

Who was the last player that Rangers sold for decent money? Exactly. We got nothing out of the deal, apart from 2 players that are no-where near good enough for 6 months.

why would he sit in the stands in a huff? Did he shag your bird ? Struggling why you would think he would do that?  

Nice one mate [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]! Quality bit of banter there...

He got injured again after he came back then found himself on the bench. He didn't complain about it at all (aye nae bother Hans) but was told by Locke he would be better going out on loan because he wasn't going to get the game time he required or desired and they where bringing in that tattooed p***k too.  If Hans is a coach at Raith as he claims at any level he will know Locke had his favs regardless and was backed up by club captain too.  Loan it was agreed was the best idea at the time and Lewis signed a new deal because he wanted to show loyalty to the club but I don't think it's as simple the other way around, a new deal seemed to be offered at the same wage to protect a developmental fee. Even when out on loan he came in every day for training apart from a Tuesday and Thursday and gave it his all, never an issue.
i said prior to this post I wasn't going to post on the situation until at least stuff was sorted out but this Hans chap has suggested he had a bad attitude, wasn't good enough and would be happy to sell.  This would be the same guy if he was at the game at the weekend would have seen how much the club means to Lewis, especially if he's a coach, as he private messaged me on Sunday right before ripping into him.  Registered solely to back the board and rip LV.
Well Hans, you said I would be left with egg on my face - go for it.  When you start going on about washing boots and rubbing sun cream you cross the line.  Bash on pal.  The stage is yours. 

Hang on while I wipe the tears away to respond, your loyalty to your beloved mate is very heart warming.

Lewis Vaughan is a talented player and has repaid the club for the loyalty and investment that they gave to him. I've never said I want him to leave, I've only pointed out the facts. Vaughan didn't fit in the squad under Locke and maybe that was down to the fact the he was coming back from injury and that Locke maybe wasn't the best judge of character, based on some of his signings. However, on some of the performances in the games I saw him play, he didn't merit his place in the team. Relegation and remaining full time has thrown up all the worries of players leaving and who will be staying. Suddenly there is a huge over reaction over 1 player. He is an asset to the club and one that I would feel could be worth cashing in on now while he is 'hot property'. Because I've said that I wouldn't mind losing Lewis Vaughan, I'm a villain and obviously have some kind of agenda. I'm merely pointing out that there are better players that I'd be more worried about losing than Lewis Vaughan. Bambino7 you're little bromance is really cute but I don't want you getting all worked up over my opinion alone.

Keep up the good work though... if he does get a decent move somewhere I'm sure you'll get a nice we cut from his agent for bigging him up [emoji106][emoji106]

SuperHans is Eric Drysdale, isn't he? Similar posting style and use of emojis. Anyone want to do an IP check?

[emoji23][emoji23] come one now! I can categorically confirm that I am not Eric Drysdale!! If I was, i wouldn't be on here bamming up Vaughan supporters, I'd be at home wondering how I've managed to get away with taking a wage from the club for such a long length of time.

[emoji23][emoji23] come one now! I can categorically confirm that I am not Eric Drysdale!! If I was, i wouldn't be on here bamming up Vaughan supporters, I'd be at home wondering how I've managed to get away with taking a wage from the club for such a long length of time.

SuperHans..

Super. Hands...

Recently departed goalkeeping coach....

Am I close?

The wiping away the tears/bromance patter is a minter.

Vaughan wasn't great, but we were at least getting results when he was in the team.

The point remains that even if he didn't do well, the idiots within our club decided to loan him out. To a direct rival. While keeping Skacel and resigning Roberts.

Vaughan has a lot of potential. Maybe if we don't have a compete diddy of a manager in charge he'll do better.

If that's a club official then it's little wonder that we're in such a shit state of affairs.

The wiping away the tears/bromance patter is a minter.

Vaughan wasn't great, but we were at least getting results when he was in the team.

The point remains that even if he didn't do well, the idiots within our club decided to loan him out. To a direct rival. While keeping Skacel and resigning Roberts.

Vaughan has a lot of potential. Maybe if we don't have a compete diddy of a manager in charge he'll do better.

If that's a club official then it's little wonder that we're in such a shit state of affairs.

Stewart was also in the team a lot more when were getting results, Bene hadn't been injured, Thomson hadn't been injured, Cuthbert hadn't been injured. So to pin the exit of Vaughan on our downfall would be a bit severe. The loan deal was a poor move and the club fucked that as well as plenty of other things this season.

If he stays then great, he gets another chance to make some kind impact on the team. If he goes then we get something for him. People seem to think that losing him would be some kind of disaster... Why? He's got potential but to claim he's some sort of messiah is just crazy.

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

He got injured again after he came back then found himself on the bench. He didn't complain about it at all (aye nae bother Hans) but was told by Locke he would be better going out on loan because he wasn't going to get the game time he required or desired and they where bringing in that tattooed p***k too.  If Hans is a coach at Raith as he claims at any level he will know Locke had his favs regardless and was backed up by club captain too.  Loan it was agreed was the best idea at the time and Lewis signed a new deal because he wanted to show loyalty to the club but I don't think it's as simple the other way around, a new deal seemed to be offered at the same wage to protect a developmental fee. Even when out on loan he came in every day for training apart from a Tuesday and Thursday and gave it his all, never an issue.

Still, at least you dont hang your mate out to dry with his team mates and employers by posting dressing room tittle tattle on a public forum though.

Oh wait, you do, constantly. Does he know what you post on here?

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Still, at least you dont hang your mate out to dry with his team mates and employers by posting dressing room tittle tattle on a public forum though.

Oh wait, you do, constantly. Does he know what you post on here?

Don't you dare try and guilt him into stopping these kind of posts.

It's painful reading TBF.
I can't imagine Vaughan is too happy with his friend posting about him on this website.

This genuinely blows my mind.

1:-Either Vaughan is an absolute idiot and thinks that it alright.
2:-Bambino is a master troll, has never actually met Vaughan and is making it up on the cuff.
3:-He does know Vaughan, however isn't very close to him
4:-He has a total disregard for his "friends" best interests, would rather have some adulation on an Internet forum and betray his mates trust.

The very, very few times I've been genuinely #ITK with direct quotes from players or people with the genuine knowledge I don't repeat it on here, if it's not been made public then there's usually a reason for it, and if it gets back to that person that he's been telling confidential information they'd get dropped in the shit.