The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Stewart was also in the team a lot more when were getting results, Bene hadn't been injured, Thomson hadn't been injured, Cuthbert hadn't been injured. So to pin the exit of Vaughan on our downfall would be a bit severe. The loan deal was a poor move and the club fucked that as well as plenty of other things this season.

If he stays then great, he gets another chance to make some kind impact on the team. If he goes then we get something for him. People seem to think that losing him would be some kind of disaster... Why? He's got potential but to claim he's some sort of messiah is just crazy.

Get something for him? Like we did with David Bates you mean? No one is saying he is the messiah but he is a good young player produced by the Rovers, contracted to us and yet he was forced to play a huge part in relegating us. Despite this he has shown a great and loyal attitude and supported the team when it would be understandable for him to publicly state a desire to leave our shambles of a club. Anyone with half a brain could see why us fans would hold him in such high regard. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Still, at least you dont hang your mate out to dry with his team mates and employers by posting dressing room tittle tattle on a public forum though.

Oh wait, you do, constantly. Does he know what you post on here?

No idea what your issue is. 

Hanging him out to dry? By having an opinion aye? No bother. 

Get something for him? Like we did with David Bates you mean? No one is saying he is the messiah but he is a good young player produced by the Rovers, contracted to us and yet he was forced to play a huge part in relegating us. Despite this he has shown a great and loyal attitude and supported the team when it would be understandable for him to publicly state a desire to leave our shambles of a club. Anyone with half a brain could see why us fans would hold him in such high regard. 

Im pretty sure lessons have been learnt from the Bates fiasco.

As for publicly stating a desire to leave the club -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers/lewis-vaughan-ready-to-kick-on-after-loan-success-at-dumbarton-1-4446250/amp

“I do want to try and kick on now, make a name for myself and go as high in the game as I possibly can: whether that be the Scottish Premiership or down south. With all due respect to Raith Rovers and Dumbarton, I don’t want to be playing in this league for the rest of my life, I want to test myself as high as I can, if I get that opportunity.”

Published 3 days ago by the Scotsman. I've no complaints about him saying that, he's hungry for better things. If he thinks he's good enough then great, from his performances for us this season, I can't see it. Hopefully either way we get something out of him but I've said it before and I'll say it again; we have better young players that have proven themselves in a very difficult environment, in a terrible season and no one has mentioned their names once.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

This genuinely blows my mind.

1:-Either Vaughan is an absolute idiot and thinks that it alright.
2:-Bambino is a master troll, has never actually met Vaughan and is making it up on the cuff.
3:-He does know Vaughan, however isn't very close to him
4:-He has a total disregard for his "friends" best interests, would rather have some adulation on an Internet forum and betray his mates trust.

The very, very few times I've been genuinely #ITK with direct quotes from players or people with the genuine knowledge I don't repeat it on here, if it's not been made public then there's usually a reason for it, and if it gets back to that person that he's been telling confidential information they'd get dropped in the shit.

What confidential info? You're also assuming I only know one Raith footballer. 

I'm entitled to an opinion on a football forum, I've never once said it's anyone else's opinion by my own. 

Fans of other fans raging about it though, weird. 

What confidential info? You're also assuming I only know one Raith footballer. 
I'm entitled to an opinion on a football forum, I've never once said it's anyone else's opinion by my own. 
Fans of other fans raging about it though, weird. 

I just think you canny keep a secret... 58ae0f6e35428ebf4f23b83d70f4b279.jpg

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Im pretty sure lessons have been learnt from the Bates fiasco.

As for publicly stating a desire to leave the club -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers/lewis-vaughan-ready-to-kick-on-after-loan-success-at-dumbarton-1-4446250/amp

“I do want to try and kick on now, make a name for myself and go as high in the game as I possibly can: whether that be the Scottish Premiership or down south. With all due respect to Raith Rovers and Dumbarton, I don’t want to be playing in this league for the rest of my life, I want to test myself as high as I can, if I get that opportunity.”

Published 3 days ago by the Scotsman. I've no complaints about him saying that, he's hungry for better things. If he thinks he's good enough then great, from his performances for us this season, I can't see it. Hopefully either way we get something out of him but I've said it before and I'll say it again; we have better young players that have proven themselves in a very difficult environment, in a terrible season and no one has mentioned their names once.

So you will be happy with him staying next season then ? 

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I just think you canny keep a secret... 58ae0f6e35428ebf4f23b83d70f4b279.jpg

What secret? The one you sent me saying your part of the Raith coaching staff and the club are aware of my posts? :lol: 

So you will be happy with him staying next season then ? 

If he stays and sees out his contract then fine, if he performs for us then great. If he's as ambitious as he says he is and he actually drops down a league then I think he'll have made a mistake. And if he's still with us in 3 years time and we could have cashed in on him now then I think we could end up kicking ourselves.

But then again maybe your relationship won't work if he moves to another club. I'd hate to see you heart broken...

I'd take him again. Scored for fun at that level and was finding form for us. Some work ethic. I think he'll end up at somewhere like Queens.

Ok, I'd have to agree with that. On the matter of the Vaughan debate then, who would you prefer? If selling Vaughan meant keeping McManus or losing McManus meant keeping Vaughan, which would you honestly go for?