The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 hours ago, Beachbum said:

CckQDN0.gif

Capture k.PNG

Makes me smile every time I see these clips, despite our losing to Brechin City   Big Jock M'Voto was great at heading the ball in the direction he was facing but, with the ball at his feet.....bombscare.           Never a ball player(!) like big Marvin Andrews.:whistle

15 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

You're right, it's me, Val McDermot! When I'm not writing crime novels or winning Celebrity University Challenged, or interviewing Dick Campbell (for the record I've never liked dick), I'm on here getting into debates with Raith fans over Lewis Vaughan!

Please remember that it was my dad that found Jim Baxter... emoji33.pngemoji849.png

You're Raith's answer to Viking:1eyeTon, aren't you?

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You'd be lucky to get about 30k for Vaughan, you'd be far better off telling him to stay professional, play out his contract and get a development fee next year.

Quite correct.

Add to that the fact that if we did sell him for peanuts a large chunk of Rovers' support would disappear, never to be seen again.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You'd be lucky to get about 30k for Vaughan, you'd be far better off telling him to stay professional, play out his contract and get a development fee next year.

This

4 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Quite correct.

Add to that the fact that if we did sell him for peanuts a large chunk of Rovers' support would disappear, never to be seen again.

And this

For what it's worth I'm taking Vaughan's comments in that article that he could very well be wanting away (gut feeling) whereby, as been highlighted by the powers that be at the club, we can't hold him here against his will.  

Saints got peanuts for Stevie Mallen what makes Rovers think they'll get decent money for someone on a one year deal?!

I don't think we'll get any great amount for him, as I've said all along, he's not this world beater everyone thinks he is. When I say "cash in on him" I refer back to the statement from the chairman regarding having contracted players sitting in the stands because they aren't getting to sign for another team. I would also worry that whatever his value is right now, it's not going to get any higher unless he really does start banging the goals in next season, so I'd be wanting to take what we can get for him. I can see why there would be concerns after the Bates transfer but I don't think Vaughan would have done enough to attract as big a club as Rangers.

We've contracted him for another 3 years, that would mean he's free to go when he hits 24. I don't know how much it cost to get him through his injury but I'm sure that will be added into his fee if he was to go as well as the contract extensions and first team appearances.

20 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Today's FFP

According to Chairman Young: "However, there are a core of players who accept that they have created the problem and who want to do everything they possibly can to resolve it."

What a fuckin ridiculous statement from the arrogant c**t. None of this would have happened if they hadn't appointed Locke.

Thomson admitted as much, so have a few of the other players. The manager is the front man who takes the blame and eventually is punted.... but 2 different managers couldn't get the players to win enough games.... surely the players have to (and have already said as much) shoulder their share of the blame

We've contracted him for another 3 years, that would mean he's free to go when he hits 24. I don't know how much it cost to get him through his injury but I'm sure that will be added into his fee if he was to go as well as the contract extensions and first team appearances.

4b3f1366d816df4f04c8a830389ddbab.jpg

He's only contracted for one more season.

19 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would actually be shocked if we had shown that much foresight when dishing out these contracts. After all, the board "weren't planning on being relegated".

Despite peoples concerns in the board, I would expect majority of contracts given out in our whole league to contain those clauses. Likewise, they will also include promotion clauses. They will be an absolute standard entry I expect.

Even when Super Hans has been outed as a Board member he deflects and sweeps with a fine sweep of the brush. Come on mate, which one are you? Just apologise for the monumental cluster f**k of season 2016/17

A real shame, I genuinely don't know how you'll operate full time next season!

It's not really your problem, no one really cares about your patronising views. Just you concentrate on your own club and do what you always do. Spend spend spend

4b3f1366d816df4f04c8a830389ddbab.jpg

He's only contracted for one more season.

I stand corrected, well it highlights my point even more though. Lets get something for him now, he's another injury or a bad season away from being worthless.

Even when Super Hans has been outed as a Board member he deflects and sweeps with a fine sweep of the brush. Come on mate, which one are you? Just apologise for the monumental cluster f**k of season 2016/17

Fine, it's me Mario! The footfall at the bevy park has been low this year so I've got plenty of time to sit in my van and slag Bambino7 off. Just want to cash in on Vaughan or I'm going to have to put the price of my pies up, the price of meat and pastry have gone up since Brexit and I can't get it on from Eastern Europe now.

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

It's not really your problem, no one really cares about your patronising views. Just you concentrate on your own club and do what you always do. Spend spend spend

Woah steady there. I was taking his comment as being genuine. The last few posts from Dunfermline fans have at least been more open to having a discussion rather than just being on the wind up, imo at least.

I just want Vaughan to stay I dont really think of the cash  side if we sell him tbh. 

In simple terms Vaughan  lifts his head and tries to plays a  pass  in a creative manner. 

This seems hugely entertaining when you compare it to long balls getting pumped in to strikers. 

My worry is if he leaves we will end up with another Daly  type signing  and we get another season of hoofball . 

Sue me I just want  some decent fitba  played!  

Woah steady there. I was taking his comment as being genuine. The last few posts from Dunfermline fans have at least been more open to having a discussion rather than just being on the wind up, imo at least.

Everyone seems to think that us staying full time is a massive gamble, QoS, Morton and Them stayed full time, it's about the recruitment of a decent manager and players that actually want to play for us. People suggesting Dick fucking Campbell....seriously!!!!

Fine, it's me Mario! The footfall at the bevy park has been low this year so I've got plenty of time to sit in my van and slag Bambino7 off. Just want to cash in on Vaughan or I'm going to have to put the price of my pies up, the price of meat and pastry have gone up since Brexit and I can't get it on from Eastern Europe now.

Sweep sweep sweep

I'm enjoying the delightfully twisted director logic by which Raith "couldn't possibly stand in the way" of Bates going to Sevco and so accepted a 20p mixture in exchange, but think that they'll manage to hold on to Vaughan or anyone else until they get a credible transfer fee. Raith's negotiating position is practically non-existent as a result of relegation: if the player wants to play at a credible level then Raith "couldn't possibly stand in their way" either. 

Off the top of my head, the players we've replaced him with over the last two seasons are, Jon Daly, Craig Wighton, Harry Panayiotou, Joel Thomas, Declan McManus, Rudi Skacel, Ryan Stevenson and Ryan Hardie.

From that list of eight, I'd argue only Hardie has compared favourably to him, so suggesting we move him on, all seems a bit silly.