The New Raith Rovers Thread

How do you figure that out? We'd been in free fall since late October and were saddled with gems like McHattie, M’Voto, Johnston, Roberts, Skacel, Thompson, Brennan and Penksa. In short we still had Locke's duds, we didn't have a decent goalkeeper, we loaned out Vaughan and gave away Bates. And to compound matters Hughes wasn't playing Barr or Benedictus and was generally behaving like a lunatic.
Like I said, the blame for our dreadful season lies with the board when they appointed Locke last May.

I'm struggling to see what point you're trying to make here? We know all of this... The Chairmans come out and talked through his version of it all. Do you want to back further and dig deeper into the realms of history?? Maybe if McGlynn didn't drop McGurn in the tail end of 2010/11 season we would have won the league and still been in the Premiership right now!! What if we hadn't got rid of Tony Calderon?? We could have been in the Champions League Final by now!!

It's happened, constantly reminding all of us about it won't make it change. If you feel so strongly about it, you go and stump up the cash and buy out Simm, Caira and the rest of them and appoint your own board and see how you get on when everyone's criticising your every move.

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

So it wasn't a direct action from being relegated. Unfortunately, we don't have the cash or resources to be able to attract a Chief Exec from another club. What actions would you be suggesting we do?

It was indirectly involved because mistakes from the board led us to that position and they acted in bringing in Dempster.  

I've no suggestion as to what you do because I don't know the complete history and background.  Sitting doing bugger all doesn't usually make everything better because someone said sorry.  

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I'm struggling to see what point you're trying to make here? We know all of this... The Chairmans come out and talked through his version of it all. Do you want to back further and dig deeper into the realms of history?? Maybe if McGlynn didn't drop McGurn in the tail end of 2010/11 season we would have won the league and still been in the Premiership right now!! What if we hadn't got rid of Tony Calderon?? We could have been in the Champions League Final by now!!

It's happened, constantly reminding all of us about it won't make it change. If you feel so strongly about it, you go and stump up the cash and buy out Simm, Caira and the rest of them and appoint your own board and see how you get on when everyone's criticising your every move.

Alternatively you say enough is enough and stop buying season tickets.  The silent customer is always the most dangerous imo. 

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Your defence of the board is beginning to get tiresome.

Unfortunately for them it's probably going to get worse when players are allowed to leave for nothing. It's already been hinted that Vaughan might be on his way and given how useless the board are it'll probably be for peanuts - or a lie will be told to cover it up.

3 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Unfortunately for them it's probably going to get worse when players are allowed to leave for nothing. It's already been hinted that Vaughan might be on his way and given how useless the board are it'll probably be for peanuts - or a lie will be told to cover it up.

Vaughan won't be leaving for nothing. 

It was indirectly involved because mistakes from the board led us to that position and they acted in bringing in Dempster.  
I've no suggestion as to what you do because I don't know the complete history and background.  Sitting doing bugger all doesn't usually make everything better because someone said sorry.  

So when you said that if it were your club then actions speak louder than words, you don't actually know what actions you'd take??

But now you've come up with an action. Cripple the club even further and reduce the cash flow to prevent the funds being available for players...

Great plan! And when that doesn't work we can all moan on here about how shite the board are for not being able to cope with us all being petulant children cutting off our noses to spite our miserable faces. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I think Lewis is needing his boots cleaned, maybe run along and see if he's anymore titbits for you to feast on [emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]

3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

So when you said that if it were your club then actions speak louder than words, you don't actually know what actions you'd take??

But now you've come up with an action. Cripple the club even further and reduce the cash flow to prevent the funds being available for players...

Great plan! And when that doesn't work we can all moan on here about how shite the board are for not being able to cope with us all being petulant children cutting off our noses to spite our miserable faces. emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

I think Lewis is needing his boots cleaned, maybe run along and see if he's anymore titbits for you to feast on emoji112.pngemoji112.pngemoji112.png

With my club I joined the protest, put my name from the supporters club asking for change and change we got.  

I haven't came up with any action.  What the board need to realize though that at the majority of clubs the supporters will turn their back if the board takes them for granted and nothing changes. 

What's your suggestion?  Sit back and do nothing and just accept their failings?  Of course that's your plan if you're on the payroll. 

If Lewis needs his boots clean is it not your job to clean them? 

Edited by Bambino7

I'm not defending the board for what they've done. Just know that right now there's no knight in shining armour to come and change anything at the board room level.

Alan Young has said he's going to be here for at least this season, Drysdale is likely to leave the club, the board will probably remain the same, we will sign a new manager and he'll sign new players. If we fail to get promoted then the club will likely go part-time and then we can go through the process of sacking the board, replacing the board then rebuilding. Right now that's not happened. The board made the right decision with McKinnon and they know more than anyone how vital it is that they get this one right.

We will lose players and we've not exactly got any good bargaining position on their fees given this situation so they will go for less than their value. But right now, what can we realistically do other than stop grumbling and actually try to turn a negative into a positive and look forward to next season?

21 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Has Vaughan indicated that he doesn't want to stay.  Was hoping he'd be one that at least gives us another year.  He's only 21 had a very bad injury which the club stuck with him through.  He stays as our main player and hits 15/20 goals and help us get promotion.....would be a good way to repay all these years of development and sticking with him through injury.  

With my club I joined the protest, put my name from the supporters club asking for change and change we got.  
I haven't came up with any action.  What the board need to realize though that at the majority of clubs the supporters will turn their back if the board takes them for granted and nothing changes. 
What's your suggestion?  Sit back and do nothing and just accept their failings?  Of course that's your plan if you're on the payroll. 
If Lewis needs his boots clean is it not your job to clean them? 

Well done Rosa Parks! Your actions were quite clearly helpful in getting the change you needed for your club. [emoji122][emoji106][emoji123]

The board will know he importance of the fans seeing as less than 24 hours after we were relegated, the Chairman was in front of a camera explaining the situation and letting the fans know exactly what the clubs feelings on the matters were and that they will do what they can to rectify the problem.

My plan is actually to support the club. Get behind the new management team and players and hope that if everyone else does the same then we might be able to get ourselves back on track. It's very easy to jump on the blame campaign and all that does is create divides and negativity. I'll buy my season ticket again and I'd be urging anyone else that was thinking about it to do the same. Every penny and bit of support will help.

2 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Has Vaughan indicated that he doesn't want to stay.  Was hoping he'd be one that at least gives us another year.  He's only 21 had a very bad injury which the club stuck with him through.  He stays as our main player and hits 15/20 goals and help us get promotion.....would be a good way to repay all these years of development and sticking with him through injury.  

Bambino7 mentioned this afternoon that it was a 'distinct possibility', and he would know.

39 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Hiya Eric, hiya pal

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Bambino7 mentioned this afternoon that it was a 'distinct possibility', and he would know.

That's not indicating he wants to leave though mate, I think the board will look to cash in on him probably the reason some pro-board posters felt the need to absolutely slate him randomly. 

6 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

That's not indicating he wants to leave though mate, I think the board will look to cash in on him probably the reason some pro-board posters felt the need to absolutely slate him randomly. 

Okay. Of all the players still under contract he's the one I'd really want for next season. Absolutely crucial we do everything to keep him.

Take the money I'd say! Hasn't proven much for us at all. I'd say losing Baird was worse than losing Vaughan.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Okay. Of all the players still under contract he's the one I'd really want for next season. Absolutely crucial we do everything to keep him.

I would totally agree on that.  I've said many a time of his gratitude and loyalty to the club for looking after him during his injury and sending him to the top surgeon in Bradford.  I don't think anything will happen until he gets back from Tenerife though.