The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sorry about the last juvenile post. It was of course my 14 year old grandson posting in my name. He is now on the naughty step with Martin.

Don't worry about it. Harry Redknapp lets his dog do his accounts.

That's us just signed Danny Handling, another piece of our Raith Relegation All Starts XI falling into place.
How was he for you lot?

Looked reasonably decent in the games he played, always wanted the ball and tried to take the team forward. Is it permanent or a loan?

Just now, Alyn Stevenson said:

Looked reasonably decent in the games he played, always wanted the ball and tried to take the team forward. Is it permanent or a loan?

Permanent. Did you play him in Centre-mid aye? We're badly lacking someone in there with a bit of attacking quality.

That's us just signed Danny Handling, another piece of our Raith Relegation All Starts XI falling into place.

How was he for you lot?

Awright. Better than Johnston, but nothing special.

Barr and Stewart are solid as they come.

Permanent. Did you play him in Centre-mid aye? We're badly lacking someone in there with a bit of attacking quality.

Yeah majority of his time with us was in the middle a few times on the wing I think, not very pacey though so probably better through the middle.

Could be a decent for you lot, I think other than Johnstone you've signed some of the better players from our team last year (not much of a compliment)

How was he for you lot?

I thought he was our best player by a longshot leading up to our impending relegation.

He looked completely out of place for us. He actually wanted to keep the ball down and pass it. A pity the rest of the cloggers had other ideas.

If we had stayed up, I'd have easily kept him for that league which is more than I can say for the majority of last season's team(some who are still with us).

I think he'll do really well for you.

37 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

How was he for you lot?

Good player. Usually played in the middle of the three in a 4-2-3-1. One of the few who looked like they gave a shit.

40 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

How was he for you lot?

I thought he was good especially considering his lack of games before he joined us

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Good player. Usually played in the middle of the three in a 4-2-3-1. One of the few who looked like they gave a shit.

That's ideal. We rocked a pretty decent 4-2-3-1 last year, but this year have been forced into a 4-4-2 which is leaving us all over the shop in the middle of the park.

Handling will be a good player for Dumbarton, as long as they don't want him to play as part of a midfield two as he does next to no defending. Good Championship attacking midfielder though; thought someone a bit higher up the league would've taken a punt on him.