The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, donny86 said:

Did anyone see the ridiculously cringey goal celebration the rovers just tweeted then deleted?

No, although saw them saying a while ago they were preparing a new celebration GIF for twitter so maybe they were testing it? Is it bad...?! :rolleyes:

I think rw89 touched on this in another thread but I wonder if this supposed takeover goes through that we might see additional funds being available to Smith to strengthen the squad further into the season if it's becoming clear we're struggling a wee bit with the size of the squad at present. If we're neck and neck with Ayr come January we might do a Dunfermline, legally, and bring in a couple of extra players to get us over the line.

No, although saw them saying a while ago they were preparing a new celebration GIF for twitter so maybe they were testing it? Is it bad...?! :rolleyes:

It was horrendous, Bene over swaggering (clearly a piss take) but total cringe

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I think rw89 touched on this in another thread but I wonder if this supposed takeover goes through that we might see additional funds being available to Smith to strengthen the squad further into the season if it's becoming clear we're struggling a wee bit with the size of the squad at present. If we're neck and neck with Ayr come January we might do a Dunfermline, legally, and bring in a couple of extra players to get us over the line.

That view would appear to be at odds with John Sim's view of how the club should be run.

“Since the 2005 ‘rescue’ RRFC has lost on average close to £100k per year. We do not have the exact numbers for the past season but in total to date it will be in excess of £1m. “This was not the plan at the time. Our aim then was and remains to put RRFC on a sustainable stable financial footing.”

Which part of that statement is at odds?
Part of a firm financial footing involves getting to the championship I imagine.

Three years ago Mr Sim stated that he expected that the club should be looking to spend at least 3 out of the next 10 seasons in the top tier, yet here we are.

49 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

John Sim couldn't care less what league we're in. 

I don't think this is true.

43 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

More recently he stated that we should be a junior club.

Are you not getting mixed up with him saying that he'd move the YM into Stark's?

John Sim couldn't care less what league we're in. 

If you're looking at it as a businessman, you'd have to weigh up how much more money you'll make as mid-table Championship plodders against how much money we'll make as a team who regularly wins in League 1.

I tend to agree with him that the main thing is to always balance the books. The last time we won the First Division/Championship was 1995. Since then the best we've managed is a couple of Seaside league trophies and the bingo clink cup. No point losing money to achieve this.

15 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I don't think this is true.

Are you not getting mixed up with him saying that he'd move the YM into Stark's?

He's been at odds with the board for quite some time trying to get the player budget reduced. The board have resisted every time and because Sim has, as yet, no clout he's had to back down. On one occasion he wanted to play all of the youth team just to get the wages down. Money is his priority, nothing else.

On the second point, you could be correct.