The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

16713e584ddd8df5a5fa4fa556dd1cb6.jpg Whilst I don't see Smith trying this, its how I'd have us shape up on Saturday. Vaughan has shown he can defend and both him and Barr have the energy to get up and down the wing all game. I think Robertson is vital to the midfield and McKay looked very shaky against Alloa.

Could do, or how about a 3-4-3

------------Thompson----Davidson-----Murray--------

----Barr------Robertson--------Herron--------Matthews

---------------------------Vaughan---------------------------------

------------Buchanan---------------Spence-------------------------

I think though, that it'll be one of the young guys fitted into the existing system,  and probably Mckay at that.

Yeah with the younger players seeing Cal break through and get his move you would imagine it's given them an extra kick to push on. In reality one of them should start tomorrow keeping any changes to a min

16 minutes ago, P.C said:

Yeah with the younger players seeing Cal break through and get his move you would imagine it's given them an extra kick to push on. In reality one of them should start tomorrow keeping any changes to a min

In that case McKay starts with Davo in the centre of defence and Thomson and Murray continue as full backs. None of this 3 at the back nonsense on a big pitch with whippets like Thomson and Davo playing  at the back.

Changing the system when it's working well would be a poor move. We will have to use the young players throughout the season so no point in not doing it tomorrow.

Seems the right way to go.
I'd like to see Brian in front of Smith but I don't think Barry will go down that route.
Also on a side note, I believe Spence (illness) could be doubtful for tomorrow. This might allow us a better look at Zanatta or Osei if Smith wants to keep the system familiar.

Seems the right way to go.
I'd like to see Brian in front of Smith but I don't think Barry will go down that route.
Also on a side note, I believe Spence (illness) could be doubtful for tomorrow. This might allow us a better look at Zanatta or Osei if Smith wants to keep the system familiar.

I still have no idea why Brian was dropped. Smith has good distribution and communication but Rory didn't put a foot wrong in the games he has featured in. I haven't been impressed by osei so far. His positional awareness is non existent. You can hear everyone telling him where to go. Understandable to an extent but it's no as if he's being asked to play a new position. I prefer court, he's a more physical presence and showed at the end of last season he has a good finish. Zannata is probably the best shout for tomorrow starting if Spence is out.

Scott Roberts has actually managed to find himself another professional football team.

He has signed for Annan Athletic.

Well done to him. He looked a 'straight to Juniors' case.

If I was a Sevco Rangers fan, I would be questioning what is going on at Murray Park. They pretty much have the pick of the youngsters in Scotland and still produce virtually nothing in youth talent.

Id give Osei his chance if Spence isn't fit.

Osei has shown very little to get excited about in his cameo appearances, but you never know. Maybe if he got 90 minutes he'd do the business. Personally, I don't see it happening. I'd go with Zannatta if Spence is out.

Saying that Osei has pace, while Vannatta didn't look particularly fast. Might be a benefit on a large pitch.

Osei has shown very little to get excited about in his cameo appearances, but you never know. Maybe if he got 90 minutes he'd do the business. Personally, I don't see it happening. I'd go with Zannatta if Spence is out.

Saying that Osei has pace, while Vannatta didn't look particularly fast. Might be a benefit on a large pitch.

Osei has earned his chance with the way he has been playing in dev league. Zannatta didn't look great when he came on.