The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Not for the first time Grant Gillespie is referred to as ex Dundee United when he is in fact a former Hamilton player.

His most recent club was Dundee United. He played a handful of games this year with them.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was he not released by Hamilton in January and with United on a short term deal?

Anyway, are many folk thinking of heading along to the match tonight?  A combination of not having bought a season ticket and the game being played at Methil is putting me off.

I'll be heading along tonight. looking forward to the season kicking off with the usual blind summer optimism that this year will be our year...

will be long gone by the international break in September!

Not going tonight, will give it a listen on RaithTV though. Do we have a rescheduled friendly yet for Saturday? I was gonna go to Berwick until those pesky Extremists got involved.

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I drove past the Carrick Sports van this morning, I know that might mean anything, and might be going to any other sports facility, but they were in at the ground earlier just before they started laying the type1. So hopefully they were en route to San Starko for the start of laying the ‘turf’.

Going by the SP web cam yer Carrick van went elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Not going tonight, will give it a listen on RaithTV though. Do we have a rescheduled friendly yet for Saturday? I was gonna go to Berwick until those pesky Extremists got involved.

I heard a whisper it is behind closed doors, against whom I don't know.

3 hours ago, Niall Russell said:

RaithTV has had a full pre-season workout and is ready for the new season.

First broadcast is tonight from New Bayview 

Full details at http://www.raithrovers.net/35745/raithtv-live-returns.htm 

Some price hike! I understand that new equipment has been invested in but almost doubling the audio pass seems a bit steep.

58 minutes ago, invocr said:

Some price hike! I understand that new equipment has been invested in but almost doubling the audio pass seems a bit steep.

When setting the prices we took into account that last season we broadcast live from 25 away games (all matches bar the 2 away pre-season friendlies), as well as broadcasting all 24 home matches live. 49 games for a £25 Audio Pass...

Compare that to  season 2016 - 17 where for the same price we  broadcast 23 home games and a handful (4 matches IIRC) of away games.....

The price rise is there to reflect the increased level of coverage provided by broadcasting as many away matches as is physically possible, as well as all home fixtures.

Edited by Niall Russell

2 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

I still wouldn’t rule out Cardle signing for us.... just a feeling emoji6.png

Well, still hasn't got a club and I guess that's why we haven't signed Flanagan yet....

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Any team lines for tonight yet?

Fairly weird line up. No Milne, no Vaughan, Duggan on the bench. Valentine and Watson start, so does Gillespie, Wedderburn and Matthews. 3-5-2? 

So Vaughan is injured then, as mentioned on here before?

No Thomson or Milne either. Hopefully not serious.

5 starting defenders, plus Wedderburn, Matthews and Gillespie. Sounds attacking.

1 minute ago, Deadly said:

It's a 442

Watson davo Beni Murray
Matthews Gillespie Wedderburn ?
Buchanan ?

Not sure who's wide left it up top with Buchanan. The tannoy wasn't very clear!

Valentine is on the pitch. Thought he was a left back. Is the trialist Nisbet?