The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:
It was stressed that future contracts (where applicable) will include sell on clauses, but the stumbling block in this could be the players agents who apparently don't like this sort of thing.

Which one were you tonight mate? Where were you sitting?

Image result for george clooney gif

Edited by Zen Archer

On a side note, its good to see the club are expanding on the social media side of things. It's an area I've been critical of in the past but we're getting far more of a presence now and making better use of twitter and Instagram. I know it's run by volunteers, but it's a good way to get the word out there.

On a side note, its good to see the club are expanding on the social media side of things. It's an area I've been critical of in the past but we're getting far more of a presence now and making better use of twitter and Instagram. I know it's run by volunteers, but it's a good way to get the word out there.

I noticed this also. It’s such an easy thing to do to get a younger audience in imo, glad to see social media actually being used to full potential.

I’m really encouraged by some of the comments about last nights Q&A. McGlynn telling like it is without the bluff and bluster of previous regimes. The Bates deal irks me. But now we have clarification that we get the square root of F all. We now move on, as we have so much bigger fish to fry. It’s vitally important NF and DA are tied down to longer deals. And we have a board and management that care deeply about the club. It’s about time the stay away fans dig deep and back the team.

8 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Fife Elite will be be using Starks as their home ground and that brings c.30k into the club.

Excellent if the club see this money but would SPP not have first dibs on it as they own the ground ? 

How much is our donation to Fife Elite?

8 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The people in charge now (In the board room and in the dressing room) absolutely love the club and are doing as much as they can to give us a decent product on the park whilst wrestling the club's overspending in previous seasons. 

Would think no different to the majority of previous directors. 

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, Zen Archer said:
It was stressed that future contracts (where applicable) will include sell on clauses, but the stumbling block in this could be the players agents who apparently don't like this sort of thing.

Which one were you tonight mate? Where were you sitting?

Other clubs certainly don't seem to have problems putting in selling on clauses. 

Tbf the sell on clause with Bates wasn’t the issue, although it’s clearly ridiculous if one wasn’t included. As far as I’m aware he left Rangers at the end of his contract so they’ll have received nothing anyway so a sell on clause wouldn’t have helped us.

The problem was letting him go for no fee and 2 loan players for 6 months.

1 hour ago, Surely No said:

Would think no different to the majority of previous directors. 

Aye, you're probably correct. Can we leave out the ones who sanctioned the Lewis Vaughan loan to Dumbarton though? There was no best interests of the club involved there, just sheer incompetence. 

13 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

If Bates goes from Hamburg to somewhere else for money, we will get a development fee for the time he was with us.

However I’m sure he was at Falkirk for longer before he came to us, so they will get more.

When was he at Falkirk?

12 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Interesting piece of info on the David Bates saga tonight at the Q&A. A "horrendous" piece of business according to John McGlynn, and was made easier because neither McKinnon nor Locke rated Bates at all. At all. We are due and will receive nothing, but I think we knew that.

I am really surprised to hear that about McKinnon, if memory serves me correctly it was under him that Bates started getting first team games. Locke, well aye, enough said really.

I am really surprised to hear that about McKinnon, if memory serves me correctly it was under him that Bates started getting first team games. Locke, well aye, enough said really.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/08/raith-rovers-boosted-as-teenager-david-bates-pens-new-deal/

McKinnon gave Bates a new contract in February 2016, and 15 appearances over the season. Among his quotes are ‘tremendous’ and ‘a great future in the game’. Doesn’t sound like someone who doesn’t rate Bates to me. Maybe didn’t think he’d be playing for Scotland in less than three years, but clearly thought he was good enough for a top-end Championship side.

I suppose the options here are either McKinnon didn’t really rate him, or the board are trying to make excuses for their blunder. Wonder what it might be.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/08/raith-rovers-boosted-as-teenager-david-bates-pens-new-deal/

McKinnon gave Bates a new contract in February 2016, and 15 appearances over the season. Among his quotes are ‘tremendous’ and ‘a great future in the game’. Doesn’t sound like someone who doesn’t rate Bates to me. Maybe didn’t think he’d be playing for Scotland in less than three years, but clearly thought he was good enough for a top-end Championship side.

I suppose the options here are either McKinnon didn’t really rate him, or the board are trying to make excuses for their blunder. Wonder what it might be.
Board member was challenged on that very point - McKinnon gave him a contract - and the response implied it was for peanuts. A higher rated player would have received more.

We'll never know.