The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Are you going to give us updates of how he gets on each week? 

Let's focus on the dross we've been left with rather than the players who don't want to play for us. 

Soz, Des O'Connor.  Just trying to bring a bit o gid news, for a bit of a honking day. 

I think we do have good options going forward better than we thought during the summer and we are also strong in defence. Which just magnifies the deficiencies in the middle and which of course will have a knock on effect for attack and defence. 

Musonda as a midfield anchor. He is comfortable on the ball and can pass the ball at least but he would be makeshift. 

Connolly as an attacking mid behind the forwards?

I think the loss of hendry in the summer was massive but inevitable so it should have been planned for. What is hampering us is the loss of spencer after 1 game and the uncertainty of Matthews injury situation. 

15 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Soz, Des O'Connor.  Just trying to bring a bit o gid news, for a bit of a honking day. 

What's good about it? It's absolutely irrelevant. Feel free to follow his progress but don't bother letting us know about it. 

28 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The loan signings dont look any better than our own youngsters, thankfully BRS is only 6 months contract, McGlynn seems to have shot himself in the foot with these players,

It’s early days in the season but I’m not impressed with some of this years squad, feel it will be a long season and I have harped on about it but I would have kept big Gozie , he worked for the team, the loan signings don’t look great and so far keatings looks slow, weak and a poor bit of business. Maybe the plan is just to stay up but we all want/expect more. That collapse last week was unacceptable from an amateur team never mind pro’s. The injuries haven’t helped but every team will get them. Fingers crossed we get some good luck soon.

Blaise didn't look great, and that feeble shot not long before they scored... Maybe he's suited to more open type games.
I didn't think much of Inverness, it took a great strike to beat us when we're pish and depleted, there was hardly anything between the teams otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What's good about it? It's absolutely irrelevant. Feel free to follow his progress but don't bother letting us know about it. 

Regan Hendry is going places, and am following his career ups and downs, on Twitter. I bet am no the only one. Sorrrrry, for not being a negative Les Dennis like you. 🖖

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's a centre back. He's not going to be a playmaker. Hopefully he'll mean that the fraud Berra can be removed from the team though. 

Berra has been absolutely fine, as much as some folk are desperate for him to be a disaster.

14 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Blaise didn't look great, and that feeble shot not long before they scored... Maybe he's suited to more open type games.
I didn't think much of Inverness, it took a great strike to beat us when we're pish and depleted, there was hardly anything between the teams otherwise.

Our best striker and a guy who cigars this league are still out for us. 

26 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

It’s early days in the season but I’m not impressed with some of this years squad, feel it will be a long season and I have harped on about it but I would have kept big Gozie , he worked for the team, the loan signings don’t look great and so far keatings looks slow, weak and a poor bit of business. Maybe the plan is just to stay up but we all want/expect more. That collapse last week was unacceptable from an amateur team never mind pro’s. The injuries haven’t helped but every team will get them. Fingers crossed we get some good luck soon.

We have hardly seen Keatings, to be fair.