The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Sad to see Raith trying to follow in Queen's Park footsteps by buying the league. When will these smaller clubs learn?

Team who had one outfield sub on several occasions last season signs three players, after releasing six, shocker.

Interesting signings but other than Hamilton nothing that would justify any excessive panty wetting from some other fans, suggesting buying the league on the strength of what here so far is just silly.

So far with the exception of Jack Hamilton we are seeing fairly similar transfer business to last year albeit much earlier in the window. A defender brought in Corr (Millen), a winger Mullen (Easton) another midfielder McGill (Brown) a few re-signings and Spencer dragging his heels on whether to stay or not.

Hopefully there will be a few (at least 1 experienced) defenders through the door in the next week or two. I'd like to see another keeper in too, I agree with the sentiment that Thomson is happy with coaching and being number 2, I could be wrong but I don't think the young lad is ready for being first pick and I'd like to see someone with more experience and height that deals with crosses (not like Jammer).

If Spencer stays then fine but I'm not fussed if he goes, a poor last 4 months and with Brown, Matthews, Arnott, McGill, Stanton and even Easton there's more than enough cover for the central roles.

54 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

😂😂 always finding a way to get the young players in, I don’t think  that will happen @TxRover and think we will sign a number 1 keeper 

I agree it would be best, but I’m saying I trust this management team to make the right decision, not the easy one. Thomson would be an acceptable starter, IF there isn’t a good first choice keeper we can attract right now. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but better the devil you know than a flyer here.

Happy enough with those prices. Big, big incentive to get the season ticket. I make it £404 if you were to pay at the gate for every home game. £119 saving for me getting a renewal. Need to be mental not to get that. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

IMG_5116.thumb.jpeg.94d514cbe30c974267fc2af251e67bba.jpegIMG_5117.thumb.jpeg.416889fbf24c88f969240399c6cb5677.jpeg

That’s brilliant pricing, you’d be mad to not take that up. The club are doing the right things, it’s time the fans came back and support this new very  fuckin welcome regime.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hate it when clubs to Category A/B stuff. Hated it when we did it previously too may I add. Don't think I'll bother paying £24 for the derby this season. A shame. 

See you at the first derby. 

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hate it when clubs to Category A/B stuff. Hated it when we did it previously too may I add. Don't think I'll bother paying £24 for the derby this season. A shame. 

You won’t be missed

Thank You