The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think we will get 1 solid CH before the games start but might end up with another on loan as despite the talk of spanking cash we will still have a tight wage budget. 

Looking very good so far though 

22 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

You're maybe right, because someone was saying it's 29 years since a team from outwith the top flight won it. Can anyone confirm?

It's only really been an important cup from the 60s to the late 90s when it brought European qualification for the winners.

Aye ok then? look at the clubs who made the final and WON THE CUP before the 60's, 😄 more important than the Ramsdens, caramel wafer cup. 🤣

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The signing of Dabrowski has really cheered me up today. Let’s make up new potential signings and see where that takes us. I think the new board read PnB😆😆

Mats Hummels watched Bayern square off against Raith Rovers in the UEFA Cup as a child and always wanted to play for the mighty Raith after our displays against his beloved Bayern before retiring. Make it happen Village Idiots 😂

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The signing of Dabrowski has really cheered me up today. Let’s make up new potential signings and see where that takes us. I think the new board read PnB😆😆

You will love Big Kev he is a top class goalkeeper who also is a real character to have around. 

2 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

You will love Big Kev he is a top class goalkeeper who also is a real character to have around. 

Exactly what we need, the fans need to show they deserve this new direction. 

37 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Aye ok then? look at the clubs who made the final and WON THE CUP before the 60's, 😄 more important than the Ramsdens, caramel wafer cup. 🤣

32 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

69 years is a long time to down tools.

Aye yer struggling with this 1 🤣 Cup winners? 🤣

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Exactly what we need, the fans need to show they deserve this new direction. 

The majority of our support have seen a lot more bad than good so I think we deserve a well run club as it is. 

Ultimately, results on the pitch will dictate whether that support grows or not. 

Easy to be confident of that happening right now to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

I often think when I read your posts that you forget you’re a mid table league 2 side with absolutely zero hope of going anywhere ever again. 
Enjoy your season.

In amongst all this excitement of new signings I'd forgotten that we've still got the exciting reveal of the home and away bespoke tops to come as well. Speaking of which my laddie is desperate for the club to be selling GK tops, make it happen Rovers!

15 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Aww bless, but I'd far rather be struggling with that ancient quandary than struggling to escape your current one being stuck in bottom tier of Scottish football.

Chin up wee yin, incidentally what age is your closest living relative who was alive when EFFC last won a cup?

16 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Missing the point , read the posts 😳

Yer last cup win was nigh on 70 years ago a d what have you done since, the square foot of feck all , now hurry back to the basement before you missed 😂😂😂  

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

7 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I’ve heard we have offered Aaron Muirhead a deal. He’s out of contract at Partick.

No being ageist but If he'd been under 30 instead of approaching 33 might have been ok, certainly doesn't fit with the young and hungry ethos,  but I guess has the experience

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No being ageist but If he'd been under 30 instead of approaching 33 might have been ok, certainly doesn't fit with the young and hungry ethos,  but I guess has the experience

It's a position where you can do with an older head in all honesty. I'd be happy with that signing.