The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No being ageist but If he'd been under 30 instead of approaching 33 might have been ok, certainly doesn't fit with the young and hungry ethos,  but I guess has the experience

In fairness I think we have a good balance of young players already. We have been crying out for an experienced CB since Berra walked and with a young keeper at least one older head in front of him makes a lot of sense. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In fairness I think we have a good balance of young players already. We have been crying out for an experienced CB since Berra walked and with a young keeper at least one older head in front of him makes a lot of sense. 

Yeah all that I understand, if hes fit and can turn quicker than Davo or Bene he'll do 

58 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I’ve heard we have offered Aaron Muirhead a deal. He’s out of contract at Partick.

He’s just a bog standard centre half for this league. Can header the ball and kick it really far as well. My one gripe with Muirhead is that he genuinely does not give a f**k who he’s passing the ball to. Full back under pressure? Aye, he’ll give them an under hit pass and then berate them when they lose it. Really doesn’t give a f**k so long as he isn’t the one making the mistake. He’s an absolute shitebag who’s made a career out of thinking he’s the hard man of the team. 

Can hit a proper penalty though. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

In amongst all this excitement of new signings I'd forgotten that we've still got the exciting reveal of the home and away bespoke tops to come as well. Speaking of which my laddie is desperate for the club to be selling GK tops, make it happen Rovers!

Only exciting if they resume international shipping…

Edited by TxRover

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s just a bog standard centre half for this league. Can header the ball and kick it really far as well. My one gripe with Muirhead is that he genuinely does not give a f**k who he’s passing the ball to. Full back under pressure? Aye, he’ll give them an under hit pass and then berate them when they lose it. Really doesn’t give a f**k so long as he isn’t the one making the mistake. He’s an absolute shitebag who’s made a career out of thinking he’s the hard man of the team. 

Can hit a proper penalty though. 

But that's what we need a bog standard CH who can clear his lines, defend crosses and corners.

1 hour ago, Dalziel8 said:

I’ve heard we have offered Aaron Muirhead a deal. He’s out of contract at Partick.

He's certainly an experienced centre half at this level, but got married fairly recently and lives in Dumfries. The daily commute for training would be a bit severe.

Been on the Falkirk forum and according to some, we’ll be doing a Partick if we don’t go up this season, because according to them we’re spending shit tons. Oh and the usual massive fan base compared to ours. How cute😆😆

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Been on the Falkirk forum and according to some, we’ll be doing a Partick if we don’t go up this season, because according to them we’re spending shit tons. Oh and the usual massive fan base compared to ours. How cute😆😆

Jealousy and their usual sense of entitlement and delusions of grandeur 😂😂