The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

I'll throw this name out there as a potential signing, Jack Fitzwater from livi.

They were demanding 6 figures for him 6 months ago with rumoured interest from Burnley.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They were demanding 6 figures for him 6 months ago with rumoured interest from Burnley.

Was just a thought as he turned down a new contract and wants a new challenge.

5 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

With you saying down South Euan Murray immediate springs to mind here. 

5 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think he’ll go back to the pars they’ve just gotten a pay day from the KN sale 

Given the calibre of our signings so far I’ll be peeved if we can’t do better than him.

This might be more heart than head talking with me remembering what he was like at Pars and Killie, but I don’t fancy another season watching him running in reverse allowing an attacker to pick his spot.

Just an encouraging note, I reached out to Greg Mcewan about a question on international shipping and a website discrepancy from the new Commercial Brochure, and received a very rapid and informative response. Very good sign for the Club!

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Given the calibre of our signings so far I’ll be peeved if we can’t do better than him.

This might be more heart than head talking with me remembering what he was like at Pars and Killie, but I don’t fancy another season watching him running in reverse allowing an attacker to pick his spot.

I liked Murray when he was here, but every time I've seen him since he's been dugmeat. 

Either I was wrong, and there's every chance of that, or he's been dugmeat since then.

51 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I liked Murray when he was here, but every time I've seen him since he's been dugmeat. 

Either I was wrong, and there's every chance of that, or he's been dugmeat since then.

When a defender or a keeper fucks up and in ends up in a goal it tends to stick in your mind (at least it does with me).

My memories of Murray with us is that he was he was good in the air but utterly rancid on the deck when an opponent got the ball in the middle of the park and took him on, all too often he neither showed him left or right nor (as you perhaps expect) put in a tackle but instead backed off and allowed him to shoot once in range.  

47 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Further confirmation that the FFP are going to drip feed us all the contents of a 6 week old Raith TV interview over the summer. 

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-accepting-place-on-rovers-board-was-no-brainer-for-digital-marketing-businessman-ruaridh-kilgour-4178857

It's beyond a joke at this point. The Courier are the only show in town.