The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Apparently Lang wasn’t offered anything same with Brad (supposedly) but he did have a 1 year extension so I could see why he would go to Falkirk on a 2 year deal 

Yeah I’m not in the know or anything, I just presumed Lang was. I know going by his tweet when leaving that it didn’t suggest. But who knows? As long as we can get in better this season, because as previously mentioned we found ourselves in that position last season when Berra retired and we had no CBs other than Adam Masson.

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've seen a few folk reference this. Have I missed something?

Falkirk Supporters Society were awarded a £350,000 interest-free loan as the first beneficiary of the programme which allows communities to buy a share of their local sports clubs so they can have a bigger say in their running.

I had a wee moan about mascot packages being charged for, a few days ago… the club have just posted on Facebook that they’ve had a generous gesture, from a fan, who has bought and donated two mascot packages. 
What an awesome thing to do!

Any word when we might expect the season ticket/card through the post (assuming one paid extra for it)? No issue as we've got the QR code, but quite like something tangible.

Edited by RRPT

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I'd have had Bene instead of Ryan Nolan last season. 

Far superior defender. 

Agreed Bene would have been better for the side last year.

He is a much more experienced defender, which made him a superior choice to Nolan, but I do think Nolan is potentially the superior defender in the long run.

58 minutes ago, Nairney said:

I had a wee moan about mascot packages being charged for, a few days ago… the club have just posted on Facebook that they’ve had a generous gesture, from a fan, who has bought and donated two mascot packages. 
What an awesome thing to do!

It’s things like that from people able to contribute, especially in these times of tightened belts and more restrained spending, that will help make the concept of a “Community Club” really work! It’s especially heartening to see the choice to have the Foundation help decide how to best use these kinds of things. I guess it does show just how much these recent changes have rev’d up the good feelings around the club.