The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Yup he was on loan at Arbroath last year,   Adarkwa ? Or similar

Adarkwa was signed by Arbroath last season after leaving West Ham and then released by Arbroath at the end of this season. Won't be joining us on loan from West Ham.

20 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Adarkwa was signed by Arbroath last season after leaving West Ham and then released by Arbroath at the end of this season. Won't be joining us on loan from West Ham.

Murray is apparently good mates with the lads agent,  he tried to get him in loan when at Airdrie but covid out paid to it,  and dick managed to get him last season, with Raith allegedly having spunked there budget,    you would be better talking to Arbroath fans, I have got no clue if he is any good or not.  

21 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Murray is apparently good mates with the lads agent,  he tried to get him in loan when at Airdrie but covid out paid to it,  and dick managed to get him last season, with Raith allegedly having spunked there budget,    you would be better talking to Arbroath fans, I have got no clue if he is any good or not.  

I was just meaning if we brought him in it would be under contract and not a loan as he hasn't been with West Ham for 2 years. If we bring him in I'd be surprised given that we have plenty coverage in the forward spots. Unless Murray has decided to move on from his midfield fetish and moved on to forwards 😂

5 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

I was just meaning if we brought him in it would be under contract and not a loan as he hasn't been with West Ham for 2 years. If we bring him in I'd be surprised given that we have plenty coverage in the forward spots. Unless Murray has decided to move on from his midfield fetish and moved on to forwards 😂

I suppose, late last season looking through his options and there only being William Akio would be enough to make him think twice about how many forwards he needs...

While we have a lot of attackers, I'd still class Hamilton as our only proper centre forward. Gullan and Vaughan can play there at a push, but with limited success based on last season. 

If the budget is there I wouldn't be against signing a back up, although was Adarkwa not quite underwhelming in his spell at Arbroath? 

I’m pretty sure it’s a wind up. The ‘West Ham striker on loan’ is Airdrie’s Gary Glen. However, I certainly wouldn’t be against it.

We are one Jack Hamilton injury away from potentially having the same issues as last season, he is our only out and out number 9 in the squad. Obviously, our style of play may change slightly so that we can get away more with Gullan or Vaughan up there but I do think the squad could do with a second number 9.

Admittedly it’s not a top priority and probably dependant on if there’s anything left in the budget after signing 2 centre backs, a left back and a centre midfielder.

I'm pretty sure Ian Murray will find a way to fit in your many midfielders into your starting 11 so I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see Callum Smith at left back and Scott McGill at centre back. I hope you're able to experience 'Murrayball' when he chucks on 6 strikers as it's pretty entertaining.

I remember a game years ago I think we played Partick Thistle in the league Cup and we played a formation that had Nat Wedderburn as our only midfielder in a midfield one so gone are the days of Ian Murray playing teams with no midfield.

If you are going to sign another midfielder I'm pretty sure Jamie Barjonas would be a shout with his connections to Potter. I don't think he has a club yet and I'm pretty sure he'll be linked with Raith.

Edited by David Fernández

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

I'm pretty sure Ian Murray will find a way to fit in your many midfielders into your starting 11 so I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see Callum Smith at left back and Scott McGill at centre back. I hope you're able to experience 'Murrayball' when he chucks on 6 strikers it's pretty entertaining.

I remember a game years ago I think we played Partick Thistle in the league Cup and we played a formation that had Nat Wedderburn as our only midfielder in a midfield one so gone are the days of Ian Murray playing teams with no midfield.

If you are going to sign another midfielder I'm pretty sure Jamie Barjonas would be a should with his connections to Potter. I don't think he has a club yet and I'm pretty sure he'll be linked with Raith.

Heard Barjonas is signing for Hamilton.

7 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I'm pretty sure Ian Murray will find a way to fit in your many midfielders into your starting 11 so I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see Callum Smith at left back and Scott McGill at centre back. I hope you're able to experience 'Murrayball' when he chucks on 6 strikers as it's pretty entertaining.

If you are going to sign another midfielder I'm pretty sure Jamie Barjonas would be a shout with his connections to Potter. I don't think he has a club yet and I'm pretty sure he'll be linked with Raith.

Barjonas wouldn’t get in our midfield ahead of brown, Stanton, matthews , McGill and he prefers a number 10 role where we have vaughan, easton, Stanton , Ross , and even McGill . Would be a strange signing if true 

Edited by Been going too long

44 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a wind up. The ‘West Ham striker on loan’ is Airdrie’s Gary Glen. However, I certainly wouldn’t be against it.

We are one Jack Hamilton injury away from potentially having the same issues as last season, he is our only out and out number 9 in the squad. Obviously, our style of play may change slightly so that we can get away more with Gullan or Vaughan up there but I do think the squad could do with a second number 9.

Admittedly it’s not a top priority and probably dependant on if there’s anything left in the budget after signing 2 centre backs, a left back and a centre midfielder.

We are the fife Gretna according some so surely budgets don’t matter? 😂😂

27 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We are the fife Gretna according some so surely budgets don’t matter? 😂😂

You’d like to think nobody will believe that now given we’ve lost Spencer and Lang to a team in the division below and released MacDonald due to him not agreeing to a reduced salary but probably not!