The New Raith Rovers Thread

So what we know now is Brown and Hamilton are carrying slight injuries…and Connolly is out until August.

Mullin off for an awkward landing, not known if they was any actual injury, but why risk it. Stanton on for him.

Playing pretty much a 4-1-3-2.

Edited by TxRover

If Murray continues to play the 4132 formation, it of course only allows on defensive minded midfielder. With Matthews playing again tonight, does beg the question where Scott brown comes into the team?

Montrose wanted to press high and 10 mins in Raith start finding big pockets of space. 
This is meant to be significantly higher level opposition than Linlithgow and we’re playing some lovely one touch passing, look sharp. Just final ball stopping it being a rout. 
Watson will not get beat by many in the air, he looks good and young Corr looks a player on limited time viewed. 
Whys Brown missed last 2 games ?

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Montrose wanted to press high and 10 mins in Raith start finding big pockets of space. 
This is meant to be significantly higher level opposition than Linlithgow and we’re playing some lovely one touch passing, look sharp. Just final ball stopping it being a rout. 
Watson will not get beat by many in the air, he looks good and young Corr looks a player on limited time viewed. 
Whys Brown missed last 2 games ?

Brown, minor injury, reportedly.

If we have Matthews and Brown as start capable DM’s, plus Stanton for cover…

At CB we have Watson/Corr, with Masson, Brown and Dick….IF we get a different starting LB (looking at you, Brody Patterson).

Brown and Masson (and McGill?) can play RB, Dick and McGill cover LB…we’d be able to loan Masson out for a few months to get playing time.

This idea of having multiple starters at positions is pretty exciting!

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

If Murray continues to play the 4132 formation, it of course only allows on defensive minded midfielder. With Matthews playing again tonight, does beg the question where Scott brown comes into the team?

I think it's quite simple. In that formation, you either play Brown or Matthews, not both. It's four defenders, a blood and guts midfielder, and five forwards. Brown and Matthews are integral, but only one of them at any given time. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think it's quite simple. In that formation, you either play Brown or Matthews, not both. It's four defenders, a blood and guts midfielder, and five forwards. Brown and Matthews are integral, but only one of them at any given time. 

I don’t think it hurts to platoon those two, one on the bench to change to a 4-2-3-1 if we need it, a sub for the starter if tired…and possibly taking turns starting. An extra blood and thunder DM is an asset.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we can get through this game without conceding from a corner or within the first 10 minutes of the second half I can't see anyone stopping us this season. 

Steady, no disrespect to lithgow or Montrose but they're not of the quality we'll face in the Championship, 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Easily interchangeable with a 4231 with both Brown and Matthews sitting (definitely feel there will be games in the league where we will have to adopt this) I’d then have Vaughan in the hole behind Hamilton. Easton and Mullin either side. Then still have the likes of Connolly, Gullan and Smith to change it up. Definitely strong in the forward area. 

Edited by Wardy