The New Raith Rovers Thread

44 minutes ago, ElDiamondo said:

It think its very decent, the collars probably the worst bit about it tho

Don't even look the same blue, socks are almost Man U black & red, total fucking car crash, nae wonder the commercial guy has feked off

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not a fan, but it's unlikely I'd have bought it even if I liked it, so no loss to the club. 

Same. I bought this season’s though as it was going for £20 at the end of the season. I like a bargain and 20 bar seemed reasonable and helps the Rovers out.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s okay but i’m not a huge fan of that. Looks like this season’s top that they’ve sewn a collar and some tartan sleeves on.

IMG_2993.png

Agree, a full tartan shirt would have been better, Raith shirts are usually pretty good to be honest. 

21 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Exactly This ∆∆∆∆

Not a single soul has posted on the EFFC thread in over 24 hours yet the wee man has been on here 3 times within the same timespan. 

Bless his wee cotton socks, I guess he was just feeling lonely (and a bit jealous).

Report: Must try harder 😬

The new strip could have been good, but has turned out absolutely ghastly.

The collar looks like it belongs to two strips, neither of which are this one.

An understated navy collar along with white shorts and socks and it might have looked quite nice, but like a lot of Joma kits, it's far too busy and garish.

Don't think any of the kits I've seen so far have been any good. Ours have been awful, Falkirks are terrible and this one from the Rovers is arguably the worst. The tartan really jars at the seams IMO, and the solid red turnover on the socks looks strange anyway before you see that the collar has red and white. Having blue shorts makes the whole kit so very dark and the collar - wow! 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s okay but i’m not a huge fan of that. Looks like this season’s top that they’ve sewn a collar and some tartan sleeves on.

IMG_2993.png

Yeah that's what annoys me about it. It's like two different tops sewn together, and that's before I even get onto the collar. 

19 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

If the team does well this season nobody will care about the strip.

This. We won the League Cup in one of our worst ever strips that looked like it had bird shit on one shoulder. Now it’s a classic that’s been re-created and people love. 

It’s hilarious how so many folk who quite happily dress head to toe from Next are suddenly fashion critics when the new strip is released. 

Personally I think it’s a bit of a shame because it’s so nearly an absolute belter. 

With a simple white V-neck and some white shorts it would be bloody brilliant. 
Still think it’s decent though, better than the half and half Joma one. 
Have ordered one for my nephew anyway.