The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

From the sounds of what John Sim said, his parents need to take a fair bit of responsibility. Tait is just one of many who have found that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. That's three of McGlynn's 2019-21 era team who are now at league one level. Easily the best Rovers team I've enjoyed watching - it's not much of a surprise that Regan Hendry has still done relatively well down south. Losing Armstrong was a boot in the balls, and for a long time it looked like he'd flunk out of Killie but in fairness to him he's turned it around.

Four, Tait, Lang, Spencer and Tumilty 

9 minutes ago, Hadji said:

What a load of utter pish on here regarding Dylan Tait, these lads have short careers when a bigger club with bigger wages comes calling these lads should back themselfs and go for it.

Am sure Dylan had a pretty bad injury last season which may or may not be the reason for the lack of Champ offers but hes still young enough to kick on.

He was wanting a move out of the Rovers until he got game time v East Fife in December 19 when he scored 2 

6 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

He was wanting a move out of the Rovers until he got game time v East Fife in December 19 when he scored 2 

Player who wasn't playing wanted a move .... thats a shock eh ? 

7 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

He only scored one in that game and the East Fife keeper deserved his arse kicked for it.

23 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looks like there is strike action on the trains the day we play Annan. That’ll be a massive pain in the arse if the trains aren’t on. 

Should only be if you were planning on a English based operator don't think Network rail are walking out with the operator staff

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Lang didn't come to us until summer of 21 so I've left him off. Could say the same of Zanatta given his start to that season.

Aye that's a fair point.  Could push it up to six if we wanted include Andy King too, but I'd prefer to forget he exists

On 01/07/2023 at 01:28, MICMAC said:

I would've liked to have seen us go back to an early 80s style. Like the Bukta one. I've done one here along similar lines. Obviously with the Joma logo running down the sleeve

Collage_2023-07-01_01_23_11.jpg

Hell no!  Too Rangersy.....

1400 tickets is fairly good going, even if as many as a third of them are freebies that still means almost 1000 have been paid for. The club will doubtless sell another hundred sales or so yet and will hopefully reap the benefit of those freebies in the coming years the same way Partick have seen an upsurge in recent years with the amount of young supporters since they did the same.

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

1400 tickets is fairly good going, even if as many as a third of them are freebies that still means almost 1000 have been paid for. The club will doubtless sell another hundred sales or so yet and will hopefully reap the benefit of those freebies in the coming years the same way Partick have seen an upsurge in recent years with the amount of young supporters since they did the same.

Also technically not selling but if they’re managing to get school kids on board after the posts we’ve seen of players going around schools and kids snap up season tickets then maybe we could hit close to the 2k mark plus but they also have to be accompanied by a paying adult so it could work out for both the youngsters/parents and the club financially 

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

What a load of utter pish on here regarding Dylan Tait, these lads have short careers when a bigger club with bigger wages comes calling these lads should back themselfs and go for it.

Am sure Dylan had a pretty bad injury last season which may or may not be the reason for the lack of Champ offers but hes still young enough to kick on.

You know we don't all have to agree eh? I think he was overrated by many and had a bit of an attitude for a young player. You seem not to. That's cool. Indeed it's the whole point of chatboards like this.

Even if you're wrong.

21 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You know we don't all have to agree eh? I think he was overrated by many and had a bit of an attitude for a young player. You seem not to. That's cool. Indeed it's the whole point of chatboards like this.

Even if you're wrong.

Im not talking about his attitude ive no idea what he's like personally nor am I talking about him being over rated or not.

What im talking about is hes a young player who was given the chance to better him self financially and professionally at a higher level, and some claiming it was a mistake or badly advised.  

every footballer will and should back them selfs to be the best player they can be. 

fact is the club got £100k for a player who IF he had kicked on with is would most likley have been tapped up and lost on a free anyway, and IF not released for not meeting the required level.  so for the club its good bit of buisness and for the player it was a chance to better himself at a higher level.

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's permanently injured and barring a two month purple patch when he first came back to us, not very good at football. Other than possibly McGlynn, no other manager of a full time football club is taking him on. 

It’s me that usually talks the pish roond here. But that post is utter pish

Thought he was a stick on for St mirren.  Anyway league 1 in England will be a good barometer of where he is at. The fact they've presumably gone after him again is good and he should get game time. 

8 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Might be underwhelming and they might be a good deal, but I have (for example) less pound notes in my pocket than I did last year so need to prioritise. I’m sure there are many others like me out there.

Good deal if you can take advantage of it 

I heartily agree, but when the release emphasizes “sold” like it did, you hope that’s what they meant.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

45 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Thought he was a stick on for St mirren.  Anyway league 1 in England will be a good barometer of where he is at. The fact they've presumably gone after him again is good and he should get game time. 

27 minutes ago, spot on said:

There was some loophole that stopped him coming back  north and signing for St. Mirren and  scuppered the deal 

Or maybe he realizes how much chaos surrounds twins?