The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, ribzanelli said:

Yeah, it was a Pars fan that mentioned it in here and think a few have just presumed it was Rovers

The Pars fan said the player was in amongst the Rovers directors celebrating at full time. I think they've gotten confused on who they saw in all honesty. 

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The Pars fan said the player was in amongst the Rovers directors celebrating at full time. I think they've gotten confused on who they saw in all honesty. 

The lad has good taste, whether he signs for us is another matter. 

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Same can be said for Dundee and he spoke to them.

More importantly, I think it's also worth mentioning that Kevin Thomson hoored himself out to every full time job going when he was at Kelty in a very very stable position. He then left because McKenzie and co got fed up of him talking to every club who came about. Murray would do very well to remember that.

Two prime examples of 'the grass is greener' crashing and burned.

image.jpeg.077870f9a1e47382f94eb054e813db81.jpeg

I’ve aged 10 years since coming here laughs Ray McKinnon - Evening ...

Murray to Hibs?

Aye it's possible I suppose, but I feel less likely now than under previous Easter Rd regimes. 

I think they'll look for a bigger name and those mentioned above seem more likely to me.

Murray has already shown he isn't shy about wanting a move and if he does go could we perhaps raid Airdrie again?  Rhys McCabe seems to be doing quite a decent job for a new manager. 

It'd be tough on Mickey, cant see him going to Leith with Murray.

Re Saturday, I’m an elder statesman and on entry I was “frisked” I asked the young security guard “what are you looking for”

”Flares” he replied.

“Ive not had flares since the seventies” was my witty reply…

”oh did they have flares in the seventies too”….

7 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Re Saturday, I’m an elder statesman and on entry I was “frisked” I asked the young security guard “what are you looking for”

”Flares” he replied.

”oh did they have flares in the seventies too”….

Don'cha just love the generation gap? 🫣

You start to get a wee hint of your own mortality with an answer like that 😢

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

What's happened to Dylan Corr? He went off with a sore toe and hasn't been heard off since. 

Also who will be back next Connolly or Matthews.

Murray said in one of the pre match interviews that it was a bit more complicated than they first thought and he'd be out for a few weeks. Sounds like he'll be back after Connolly. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

What's happened to Dylan Corr? He went off with a sore toe and hasn't been heard off since. 

Also who will be back next Connolly or Matthews.

I walked past the main stand at full time, and Corr was standing next to Liam Dick. Still had a moon boot attached. 

3 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

I'm sure there was more recent (than the 70's) photographic evidence of you offshore in your control room Sunday best that suggests otherwise 

Edited by Scottydog

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

I walked past the main stand at full time, and Corr was standing next to Liam Dick. Still had a moon boot attached. 

Unusual for a moon boot to be ‘attached’ to anything, sure it wasn’t just worn 😂

The "feelgood factor" around the club and supporters is absolutely top notch right now. There is a strong bond between the squad, and also with the supporters. Given the position we were in not that long ago, it's just so completely refreshing, and long may it continue 😀 🙏👏👏

Fife Free Press reporting we are likely to sign a young left back from the local area tomorrow. Played a bounce game for us. Not someone that will go straight into the first team, but someone that Murray thinks he can develop.

Edited by GhostZapper