The New Raith Rovers Thread

The attacking options we have at the moment are actually ridiculous. I'd be happy for anyone one of Vaughan, Easton and Ross to start but they have all spent time on the bench recenty. It's going to get more competitive when Connolly returns. It might (read as definately) be crazy to suggest we move to a variant of the 4-6-0 formation and have all the attacking midfielders bomb forward whenever they want.

Edited by mrpaddyx

46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The quality of content the club is putting out recently is off the charts.  Grace, the new digital marketing exec, was in the stands before the game interviewing fans just in front of me, so I'm guessing that'll be going up soon too, or might be part of something else they're going to be doing.

Edited by SanStarko

This cup game next week is the perfect opportunity to mix up the team and give the likes of Easton, Ross, gullan maybe even Arnott a start. 

Murray has some selection headache at the minute and the players he's benched have been so hungry once they get onto the park. 

Edited by pub car king

Man, the quality and detail in our highlights is out of this world, even better when view on a big screen, the different camera angles and views from around the park a tv broadcaster would be proud of, A big well done from me to our media team and of course everyone else at the club for what they are doing 

14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Is that McGlynn statue still kicking about? Could we just change the head?

Given the endomorphic tendencies of JMcG, and IM’s ectomorphic frame, it would look a wee bit off.

Edited by TxRover

45 minutes ago, MC_Lachlan said:

That last little bit of Vaughan's interview ❤️ 

I'm not crying. 

Him running passed the raith bench after the winner with a cheeky hand up to his ear is quality. Murray seemed to take it well in the post match interview though.  Just how many goals would this fine young man have scored for us if not being out for the best part of 5 years.

12 hours ago, Raithie said:

I'm cursing my son for begging to move there as club saying we're committed to sitting there now for entire season and can't swap back to the South Stand. I actually lost my laddie at the 3rd goal, turned round and he wasn't there. Granted I had launched myself down a few rows. Found him at the far end of the stand cupping his ears at QP fans 😂

Club allowed season ticket holders to move from the South Stand to the Railway Stand(singing section) but not allowing them to move back is utter bollocks to me.The idea of a singung section was a good idea although still reckon that could have been accommodated in the South Stand its now pretty obvious  that the young team or majority of them are only going to turn up to the so called bigger games which equates to two fixtures,Dunfermline and Dundee Utd so if someone wants to move back to the South Stand,let them

However,if you then want to go into the singing section for the bigger games you,d have to pay as your season ticket isn,t valid for the RS 

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I applaud the club for trialing the singing section, however I think it's doomed to failure in smaller games due to location, and lack of numbers.

The North West works at East End because you have the young boys in the corner... and the atmosphere they start spreads to the rest of the stand and to the stand behind the goals. 

To best replicate that at Starks a singing section would be better at the back or front of the South Stand... that might mean having to have a conversation with a few season ticket holders at renewal time (about their seat now being in a singing section, and offering the chance to move slightly)so it's probably too late to do this season.

The atmOsphere in the South at points in the last two home games has been pretty good, so paying to have another stand open for a couple of dozen (mainly) concessions, doesnt seem cost effective. 

Establishing any Singing section in the South would also retain the option of giving two away stands in the event of a #moneyspinner of a cup draw.

I was on holiday when the Pars cup game was on, so will be interested to see what the atmosphere is like in the singing section/ rest of the ground v Dundee Utd and the Pars in October.

5 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

To best replicate that at Starks a singing section would be better at the back or front of the South Stand... that might mean having to have a conversation with a few season ticket holders at renewal time (about their seat now being in a singing section, and offering the chance to move slightly)so it's probably too late to do this season.

Put them at the one of the railway side corners imo. Offer the chance for those in that section to move. There'll be a fair few folk down the front who have mobility issues. Wherever it's done, it'll likely frustrate someone. I think that its probably something the club could likely map out internally and keep the railway stand for specific games.

13 hours ago, R12ATH said:

Him running passed the raith bench after the winner with a cheeky hand up to his ear is quality. Murray seemed to take it well in the post match interview though. 

To be honest Murray has been right to bench him as he’s been the poorest of the front 4 this season.

Great to see him back scoring though.

There's nothing we can do about it, but the layout of the ground doesn't help the atmosphere. We've not got the luxury of having something like tynecastle, where the noise of the fans is generated a lot more,  and the stands are all closer together.

8 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I applaud the club for trialing the singing section, however I think it's doomed to failure in smaller games due to location, and lack of numbers.

The North West works at East End because you have the young boys in the corner... and the atmosphere they start spreads to the rest of the stand and to the stand behind the goals. 

The atmOsphere in the South at points in the last two home games has been pretty good, so paying to have another stand open for a couple of dozen (mainly) concessions, doesnt seem cost effective. 

Establishing any Singing section in the South would also retain the option of giving two away stands in the event of a #moneyspinner of a cup draw.

I was on holiday when the Pars cup game was on, so will be interested to see what the atmosphere is like in the singing section/ rest of the ground v Dundee Utd and the Pars in October.

Our youngsters don't have an identity or something to build on in comparison to Dunfermline (amongst others) who have a dedicated singing section name, their own flags, merch, organisation etc. It'll take someone sitting down with the club to see about getting some help to promote it and maybe help provide them with flags, banners, t-shirts, their own scarfs and ultimately their own section of the South Stand. For the amount in the Railway Stand at the moment I don't see it being a huge admin job to move them back to the South Stand and just shut the Railway Stand. It's also filthy and covered in bird shite. Cracking view though and pie stall queue is next to zero 😆