The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

There’s something called negotiations and may take a pay cut as the likes of Euan Murray and Keith Watson could well of done after undoubtedly being on more money before signing for us 

Bryne’s next contract will most likely be lower than his Dundee one.  But any suggestion that a guy currently on premiership wages, playing well at the top end of the championship will suddenly sign for someone without costing that club a notable amount of money is just mental.   Not saying he isn’t affordable for you, just that it isn’t a no brainer as suggested by your free comment.  

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Bryne’s next contract will most likely be lower than his Dundee one.  But any suggestion that a guy currently on premiership wages, playing well at the top end of the championship will suddenly sign for someone without costing that club a notable amount of money is just mental.   Not saying he isn’t affordable for you, just that it isn’t a no brainer as suggested by your free comment.  

If he knows his contract isn't going to be renewed at Dundee and Rovers were to offer an 18 month or two year deal, he might well sever his ties with Dundee without it costing the Rovers a substantial amount of money.

Who knows? Maybe Dundee have been impressed with him, want him back, and therefore ban him from playing on Friday.

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Maybe Dundee have been impressed with him, want him back, and therefore ban him from playing on Friday.

How? The terms of the loan are fixed, not mutable, and the period is until January. The only way to cancel a non-keeper loan is if BOTH teams agree. Since he’s already played for us in other cups, I suspect the Scottish Cup would be no different, but I guess if it was written into the loan…does anyone know?

I'm not convinced the cup tie situation is always written into the loan agreement. I'm sure I've heard instances where managers have said they are waiting to find out if they can use a loan player in the lead up to a cup match. That could just be ignorance on their part I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not convinced the cup tie situation is always written into the loan agreement. I'm sure I've heard instances where managers have said they are waiting to find out if they can use a loan player in the lead up to a cup match. That could just be ignorance on their part I suppose. 

It doesn’t have to be and parent clubs can make requests during the loan spell. St Johnstone contacted Kilmarnock to ask them not to play Callum Hendry in the cup when he was on loan there. 

Admittedly they were keen to actually use him when he returned, but it doesn’t have to be in the terms of the deal. 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

How? The terms of the loan are fixed, not mutable, and the period is until January. The only way to cancel a non-keeper loan is if BOTH teams agree. Since he’s already played for us in other cups, I suspect the Scottish Cup would be no different, but I guess if it was written into the loan…does anyone know?

I meant that Dundee might want him back in January, therefore they might not want him cup-tied by having a clause in the loan.

They would have no problem with him playing in the other cups as Dundee aren't in the challenge cup and the league cup is finished before January.

Unless Dundee have a run of injuries I can’t see them needing Byrne back. 
A bit like Ethan Ross for us - surplus to requirements based on performance levels of of current players in that position.

We really do need Byrne and Stanton tied down.

Ive a feeling next season will be the best chance for a few teams to get into the SPL for many a year. The chances are Utd will be replaced with either Livi or Ross County which will mean for me at least there would be very little across a few teams.

Still hoping Dundee Utd go on some sort of poor run, maybe the Falkirk result will be the catalyst 🙂

2 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Unless Dundee have a run of injuries I can’t see them needing Byrne back. 
A bit like Ethan Ross for us - surplus to requirements based on performance levels of of current players in that position.

We really do need Byrne and Stanton tied down.

Ive a feeling next season will be the best chance for a few teams to get into the SPL for many a year. The chances are Utd will be replaced with either Livi or Ross County which will mean for me at least there would be very little across a few teams.

Still hoping Dundee Utd go on some sort of poor run, maybe the Falkirk result will be the catalyst 🙂

Reckon we have a good chance to do it this season!!

15 minutes ago, Ymscorer said:

Reckon we have a good chance to do it this season!!

Absolutely, we just need to try stick with them. The run we’ve been on needs commended as it’s a nightmare league to show consistency when everyone can beat each other.

We've got goals throughout the team and I’m convinced with good service Hamilton will be lethal now fit.

On 17/11/2023 at 15:05, Raithfan2711 said:

As someone who definitely has not used a fire stick before, the folk watching ‘RaithTV’ on these devices are usually watching that pixellot rubbish.  

I have a firestick  with the 'access' to the Championship games, and I dunno about our home games, as I am always at them, but our away games tend to be Morton TV, ParsTV, Arbroath TV etc, the official feeds, but unofficially if you know what I mean.  perfectly watchable.  Occasionally last season I saw a few that were weird, as in the camera would take a second to catch up that the ball was in the other half.  In general though, if it saves me a Saturday spent travelling half the day to Ayr and back, or Greenock etc then I will lump for watching in the hoose in comfort.

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

20-21 was the best year this decade and even then ended up being won by the recently relegated side (regular occurrence that, parachute payment needs cut IMO).  If county come down they’ll spend like f**k just like last time. Livi for Dundee United no other movement is what everyone should want if they can’t go up themselves 

Edited by parsforlife

Uncle Roy will just pay whatever it costs to get promoted again if County end up being relegated. Them coming down would be a disaster, quite frankly. 

One might argue this is no different to any other team that comes down, but MacGregor just writes the loss off, so there's no damage to the club's finances. 

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

That's the guy who was sent off against us in the Diddy Cup Final last season.

It is. A decent enough centre half who will win more than his fair share of high balls. Not a great passer and looked like there was a calamity in him every now and then - just like the cup final.

28 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

He was playing for a pub team last year so be interesting to see him in a proper team. I remember him and before the sending off he looked physical and solid.

This gives me the fear, going into a derby match against the wee team. Hopefully there are good reasons he was without a senior club but in any case I'm sure Messrs Potter, Murray etc know what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

This gives me the fear, going into a derby match against the wee team. Hopefully there are good reasons he was without a senior club but in any case I'm sure Messrs Potter, Murray etc know what they're doing.

He was playing for Hamilton last year unless he meant Hamilton were the pub side? 🤣🤣