The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Defo logged in, me and wingman’s season tickets on here

F6CFAFD2-649E-4ED7-97D7-4812904F0A9D.png

Wild, I got really lucky that I didn't encounter that then. Seems as though it's a known issue though so they'll be quick to sort you out if you reach out to the club as others have mentioned.

34 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Wild, I got really lucky that I didn't encounter that then. Seems as though it's a known issue though so they'll be quick to sort you out if you reach out to the club as others have mentioned.

I did as you said, sent them a DM on Twitter, and they got me sorted with 2 seats.

2 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

I’m not overly confident that we have sold 5 buses within 3 hours. 

drop the club a message on social media as I see others are having issues too 

EDIT - Just checked, buses 1, 2 and 3 all gone. Spaces on 4 and 5 with 6 and 7 not up yet 

In fairness nothing has been sold - free buses mind 

Not for a long while. Gretna were technically trading while insolvent, but the league (IIRC) stood them end of season prize money early, just so they could continue to meet their fixture obligations and limp to the end of the season.

I certainly can't recall it happening in my lifetime. Clydebank, Airdrieonians, and I think even Third Lanark all folded or ceased to exist between league seasons.

Great stuff by the directors giving us free bus travel to Tanner Dice.  Saves a wee bit on fuel and more so on the legs as you cannot park within a mile of the two heaps.
My Fanbase has NEVER associated with my season tickets, but a quick text to RRFC and they sorted it within 15 seconds!  Got my email confirming seats that quick after texting!  Great service as well as great gesture.

Gonny be a big one next week!  If we go top tonight, pressure goes on Utd tomorrow.  Then we can go back top in midweek.  Beat them at Tannadice and we stay top too and extend the lead....with them having to play catchup with game in hand.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Not for a long while. Gretna were technically trading while insolvent, but the league (IIRC) stood them end of season prize money early, just so they could continue to meet their fixture obligations and limp to the end of the season.

I certainly can't recall it happening in my lifetime. Clydebank, Airdrieonians, and I think even Third Lanark all folded or ceased to exist between league seasons.

That’s what I was thinking, I was reading the Regs to see if they’d discard the results of the matches already played and future matches…but it’s pretty much whatever the f**k the SPFL decides to do.

47 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s what I was thinking, I was reading the Regs to see if they’d discard the results of the matches already played and future matches…but it’s pretty much whatever the f**k the SPFL decides to do.

Yep. We've had statutory penalties for teams that enter Administration during a season for a while now, but absolutely nothing with regard to what would happen if a team simply implodes and can not fulfil its fixtures during an actual playing part of the season.

I'm deeply cynical, but given what went on in 2012, I can only conclude that this is so the SPFL could make it up on the fly, depending on which specific clubs are involved, and how precisely this would affect their brand. 

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Yep. We've had statutory penalties for teams that enter Administration during a season for a while now, but absolutely nothing with regard to what would happen if a team simply implodes and can not fulfil its fixtures during an actual playing part of the season.

I'm deeply cynical, but given what went on in 2012, I can only conclude that this is so the SPFL could make it up on the fly, depending on which specific clubs are involved, and how precisely this would affect their brand. 

As currently written (C52), they get to decide if the future, unplayed, matches are settled with a deemed score or ignored. The past matches may be expunged or otherwise modified. The SPFL can pretty much do whatever the f**k they want.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

As currently written (C52), they get to decide if the future, unplayed, matches are settled with a deemed score or ignored. The past matches may be expunged or otherwise modified. The SPFL can pretty much do whatever the f**k they want.

Aye, although I wasn't just commenting from the perspective of what happens to unfulfilled/unfulfillable fixtures, more that it appears there has been a deliberate intransigence for the purpose of, as you put it, doing whatever the f**k they want, with regard to other aspects of teams going pop.

In 2012 the league completely ignored the long-standing process of teams having to apply for election to the league structure, and simply parachuted Rangers 2012, who were undoubtedly a new team, into the league structure instead of compelling them to attain league status by the same route that every other team had to. Evidently, rules can simply be ignored depending on which clubs they happen to be applying to at a specific point, and although it didn't prevent the league ultimately getting their own way, it was an unseemly mess that showed up the authorities involved for the cowardly, craven, biased incompetents they are. By simply avoiding having rules that dictate what will happen in very specific scenario, you leave yourself free to do whatever the f**k you like, such as giving certain clubs funds, even though that amounts to facilitating  trading while insolvent, and that club wouldn't survive to the point where those funds would ordinarily become available, or parachuting a brand new club into your league structure while still maintaining "diddy" outfits still have to adhere by the long-standing precepts that you are in the process of ignoring for one other specific club.

In essence, what I'm saying is that I would be willing to stake my house on the fact that should, for arguments sake, Edinburgh City fold in the new year, they might be given certain dispensation in order to assist them to fulfil their fixtures, if at all possible, but they will not be parachuted straight back into the league structure should they form a new club. I have no faith whatsoever that the exact same would happen to every other club in the league should the exact same predicament befall them, and this is a nonsense because the SPFL could easily formulate a set of hard and fast rules to apply in any scenario whereupon this happens to any club, but they don't appear to think this is necessary, even though it's a near certainty that it will happen at some point sooner or later. The only possible reason for this is because they do not want to be bound to treat every member club equally, i.e. they are corrupt and inherently biased.