The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we didnt have the new BOD in, I WOULD have been worried that money would be splaffed, and we would end up haveing to defrost Gordon Clown again from his crypt to front a save us campaign.

However, this new BOD seem to actually know what they are doing, and have overhauled everything at the club to great effect.  I will therefore have no quals about them spending a bit more money when we are in the Prem, with the old speculate to accumulate.  They will have the same skills in marketing/balancing the books/media etc, but will have a bigger pot to piss in with Prem gates and prize monies etc.  They wont sell the club down the creek like previous BODs that frankly didnt have a clue.

Even if we did go up for one season, the investments would already be in place for us to challenge again, or regularly to go back up and make an effort to sustain it.

The only problem I see is the pitch, as Sim still has say over that as he makes money from community use.  To change it to grass would mean protecting it again, and having to hire other facilities for training again.  Skip the dug shite at the Bevvy would be on the cards for that.

24 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Seeing Easton to Ross County being banded about the old X platform this morning. 

I'm sure a quick conversation between Easton and a young Mr Turner will put paid to that one 

Easton to County is surely complete nonsense.

We are definitely not letting him go just now unless we get a silly offer (which isn't happening in the last 6 months of his contract) and I seriously doubt he would sign a PCA with a team fighting relegation.  That's before we even get into the issue of the basket case manager up there.

Not sure I fear Dylan Eaton leaving for Ross County, that would be a terrible move for him.

Dundee however... can definitely see a possibility there.

However, I can't see him signing PCA before our destiny for next season is certain. If we do manage to get promoted I could see us being as attractive to him as Dundee.

When there’s 16 games to go and we’re one win (against a depleted Pars) in 4 and a downturn in performance, VAR and changing pitches is an irrelevance at this stage.

Getting another body or two would be great and bouncing back with a convincing win tomorrow is all we need. As clichéd as it is it really is one game at a time.

Fantastic news on Byrne, was crucial we retained him.

On Easton that speculation won’t go away but I’d actually drop him to the bench tomorrow..it worked last time Murray made him ride pine for a couple of games and imo his form last couple merits a little change and for me that’s starting with Connolly.

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

When there’s 16 games to go and we’re one win (against a depleted Pars) in 4 and a downturn in performance, VAR and changing pitches is an irrelevance at this stage.

Getting another body or two would be great and bouncing back with a convincing win tomorrow is all we need. As clichéd as it is it really is one game at a time.

Fantastic news on Byrne, was crucial we retained him.

On Easton that speculation won’t go away but I’d actually drop him to the bench tomorrow..it worked last time Murray made him ride pine for a couple of games and imo his form last couple merits a little change and for me that’s starting with Connolly.

See in my 11 I would Start Mullin on the left and Connolly right…. Also this maybe a wild shout but with Ross Millen being suspended and I don’t have faith in Mullin or McGill at RB what about Ross Matthews? played their before a few times and I’d feel a lot more comfortable with him there than the previous 2 mentioned as I think Murray will move back to the 4132 with Turner in the Stanton role 

I've seen somewhere that Ross County want £110,000 for Simon Murray. If they're genuinely interested in Easton then a swap deal might be a possibility ?

Turner would be good replacement for Easton and we get a good striker to boot.

Just speculation on my part BTW.

Edited by keyser_soze

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Yeah, maybe just me but I don't think I'll take my Rovers transfer news from a twitter account dedicated to Dundee United. 

Just seen that a bit bizarre that he would make Easton to county up as some rumours have it that Easton has supposedly has an offer from Dundee again that’s just a rumour, but I think his situation will be clearer in the summer depending where we are 

Simon Murray's an interesting one.  Consistently scores goals in the Championship then struggles to make too much of an impact in the Premiership.  It could be that he hasn't had the right team but could just as likely be that he's actually not Premiership quality.

He's like the Scottish Patrick Bamford......

16 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Simon Murray's an interesting one.  Consistently scores goals in the Championship then struggles to make too much of an impact in the Premiership.  It could be that he hasn't had the right team but could just as likely be that he's actually not Premiership quality.

He's like the Scottish Patrick Bamford......

Or Declan McManus, just a level higher for the drop off.

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Simon Murray would be a superb addition, always liked his physicality and his workmanlike attitude. 

He’s under contract though and some of the figures being banded about, we surely cant afford that. Kirkcaldy is a lot closer to Dundee than Dingwall right enough. 

Is that a genuine rumour doing the rounds or just more of a wishlist?

I can 100% confirm that I made it up. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The most pathetic post ive ever seen on this site, and thats genuinely true.

Never thought id see a fan of any club on here talking about their side is "too small" to achieve anything when theyve seen St Johnstone win a double, ICT finish 3rd and win a Scottish Cup, Livingston finish in the top 6 in back to back seasons etc., in the past decade.

By the sounds of things you dont actually pay attention to the top flight and are just rattling out generic complaints based on what others say.

Thanks for that.

I feel my post has been misinterpreted a bit.

For a start, I absolutely do not subscribe to the "we can't afford to go up" or "we don't want to go up" bollocks.

What I really should have said was that this season has been bloody brilliant fun.

And if we go up, I'd be surprised if next season is as much fun as this one, mostly for the points you've quoted me on.

But yeah, I was perhaps being a tad pessimistic last night in assuming we’ll be scrapping with relegation and forgetting the fun of visiting grounds we’ve not been to in years.

I’ve followed the Rovers throughout the 90’s so remember how much fun that was and the highs a club like ours can achieve.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s surely only so long until we start to see the “the board don’t want promotion” and “we can’t afford to go up” being trotted out by supporters of a certain age. 

I've been hearing that line since 1981.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

If we didnt have the new BOD in, I WOULD have been worried that money would be splaffed, and we would end up haveing to defrost Gordon Clown again from his crypt to front a save us campaign.

However, this new BOD seem to actually know what they are doing, and have overhauled everything at the club to great effect.  I will therefore have no quals about them spending a bit more money when we are in the Prem, with the old speculate to accumulate.  They will have the same skills in marketing/balancing the books/media etc, but will have a bigger pot to piss in with Prem gates and prize monies etc.  They wont sell the club down the creek like previous BODs that frankly didnt have a clue.

Even if we did go up for one season, the investments would already be in place for us to challenge again, or regularly to go back up and make an effort to sustain it.

The only problem I see is the pitch, as Sim still has say over that as he makes money from community use.  To change it to grass would mean protecting it again, and having to hire other facilities for training again.  Skip the dug shite at the Bevvy would be on the cards for that.

This saved me posting something similar, we have a board that know exactly what they're doing in how to run a football club, something that going way back in time we've never had.  

Good news about Byrne though, and augers well for next season, Easton on the other hand going to RC, a lot of made up bullshit 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Really hope Stanton comes back on schedule or early please 🙏🏻 
In terms of class of player we’ve had at Starks he’s in the upper level for me. 
A genuine box to box midfielder, can intercept, shoot, find a dangerous forward pass…I’d back him to be able to play anywhere on the park. 

How he plays at Championship level is beyond me and I’ll not have it that all 10 SPL clubs have better across their midfield. We’ve looked a shell of our team without him. 

The issue I have with the talk of the Premier League being boring or not enjoyable because we’ll lose more games than we win is that it suggests that’s guaranteed not to be the case in the Championship.

Since the turn of the millennium we have had as many relegations (3) from the Championship as we have top 4 finishes. We’ve only finished in the top half of this league 4 times in our last 23 seasons.

There is obviously hope things are looking up under the new owners and it’s not one season or bust so it’s definitely not a disaster if we don’t go up this season but that has to be the aim eventually.

There are more than enough examples of similar size clubs going up to the Premier League and having success and also plenty examples that we can have disastrous seasons at Championship or even League One level so even if we failed it would be going some to beat our worst seasons in the last 20/25 years!

It’s brilliant how far we’ve came this time last year.Probably didn’t see it at the time but the with how things seem to operating now-January was a shambles last season.

Seems to me that Barrowman and Potter know exactly what they are doing. In my eyes 2 Pars guys but I’m loving the effort they seem to be putting into Raith.

Would love it if we went up this season but won’t be a failure if we don’t 

2 minutes ago, SerieA said:

It’s brilliant how far we’ve came this time last year.Probably didn’t see it at the time but the with how things seem to operating now-January was a shambles last season.

Seems to me that Barrowman and Potter know exactly what they are doing. In my eyes 2 Pars guys but I’m loving the effort they seem to be putting into Raith.

Would love it if we went up this season but won’t be a failure if we don’t 

The key bit right there. If we do go up this year, fantastic ahead of the plan and we'll go up giving everything, but if we fall short this year, so be it, it gives the team another year to correct the mistakes and push on, improving on and off the pitch.

In terms of the pitch itself, we shouldn't bow to the pressure of the permatanned arsehole at Celtic greeting on about surfaces that has kicked off this discussion, given whats happened to Dundee this season with flooded pitches etc, our type of surface just makes sense in this country.