The New Raith Rovers Thread

0_JS279899589.jpg

Jamie Gullan eyed by Dundalk for January transfer swoop as Raith Rovers striker on shortlist - Football Scotland

Punt him.  Use his exorbitant McGlynn contract wages and the fee for something a bit of a novelty......   A STRONG FIT EXPERIENCED NO NONSENSE CENTRE HALF!

Gullan has never really been a player I have rated.  Scored a few goals etc yes, but he is usually either injured or playing as a striker at the corner flag.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Dundalk apparently interested in Gullan. 

Wouldn't blame him for going as he's only started a single league game this year at Arbroath and that's due to Hamilton pulling out in the warm up.

13 hours ago, grumswall said:

Just incase you actually didn't get the message, there is a collection for that Foodbank on Saturday and anyone who wants to donate but can't attend on Saturday, dot put the link up on twitter earlier also 

https://donate.justgiving.com/donation-amount?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly9kb25hdGUtYXBpLmp1c3RnaXZpbmcuY29tL2FwaS9kb25hdGlvbnMvZDMxODUyNzYyY2M0NDM1MGEyMWM1YWRjMzFhMTgxNmU/aXNDaGVja291dEFwaT10cnVl

Get a “This link isn’t valid” response.

The general link for the Kirkcaldy Food Bank is here https://www.justgiving.com/kirkcaldy-foodbank

Edited by TxRover

I’d be sad to see Gullan go, but more because he seems to be a nice guy rather than for what he offers us on the pitch. 
As harsh as it sounds I don’t look at a bench with Gullan on it and feel comforted that we’ve got a threat to come off the bench if we need it. 

Having said that, I’d rather have him available than nobody so we should only let him go if we can bring in a replacement. 

13 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

0_JS279899589.jpg

Jamie Gullan eyed by Dundalk for January transfer swoop as Raith Rovers striker on shortlist - Football Scotland

Punt him.  Use his exorbitant McGlynn contract wages and the fee for something a bit of a novelty......   A STRONG FIT EXPERIENCED NO NONSENSE CENTRE HALF!

Gullan has never really been a player I have rated.  Scored a few goals etc yes, but he is usually either injured or playing as a striker at the corner flag.

If he’s getting sold then wait until after Saturday - he likes a winning goal against Inverness this season😉

Jamie's never really been as good for us as I feel he could be.  Probably needs a run in the team and isn't going to get it.

Almost certainly on a ridiculous wage for his role in the team so wouldn't be against letting him go.  As stated above though, we would need a replacement "bench" striker.

I'm actually just surprised he hasn't been linked with a loan move to Falkirk yet......

18 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

0_JS279899589.jpg

I agree I’d let him go, never stays fit, this is probably the longest he’s ever stayed fit tbh, he never starts only made 1 start this season and that was against Arbroath when Hamilton took ill…. He’s been here for a few years and no one knows where his best position is🤷‍♂️ I think cash in and use the money else where imo 

1 minute ago, AllanJM said:

Jamie's never really been as good for us as I feel he could be.  Probably needs a run in the team and isn't going to get it.

Almost certainly on a ridiculous wage for his role in the team so wouldn't be against letting him go.  As stated above though, we would need a replacement "bench" striker.

I'm actually just surprised he hasn't been linked with a loan move to Falkirk yet......

If Falkirk were to come in, I’d be wanting Morrison in exchange. 🤣

29 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

0_JS279899589.jpg

Like who?

They're not exactly hanging around in gangs, looking for a club to play for.

Fairly certain he's only signed until the summer as well.

There is a good player in there somewhere it's just we don't know how best to utilise him. Stiker, winger, No 10 they've all been tried. Add into that his consistent injury record and lack of starts when he is fit.

If we can get a fee for him amd free up the wage bill it makes very good business sense. 

My preference would be to sign another left back which would allow us another option on that side. At the moment Liam Dick is undroppable and not due to form. It would also let us have the option to move Dick into the centre where he might actually be better. 

His best run for us came at left wing iirc. There's a player somewhere in there but it doesn't get showcased often enough, especially playing up front. Ultimately we have better options in every position he'd be played. No ill will towards him but if we can free up his wages this window, I'd definitely be letting him go.

58 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

His best run for us came at left wing iirc. There's a player somewhere in there but it doesn't get showcased often enough, especially playing up front. Ultimately we have better options in every position he'd be played. No ill will towards him but if we can free up his wages this window, I'd definitely be letting him go.

Plus he’ll likely be on one of mcglynnflation contracts so if he’s in the higher end of the wage bill it’ll make sense to get a fee plus wages off the books to put somewhere else 

Pretty sure Hibs will be due a portion of any fee we get for him. Would prefer to see him stay for the rest of the season, however if freeing up his wage allows us to bring in say someone like Ashcroft then I'd wish him all the best.

37 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Pretty sure Hibs will be due a portion of any fee we get for him. Would prefer to see him stay for the rest of the season, however if freeing up his wage allows us to bring in say someone like Ashcroft then I'd wish him all the best.

Prefer him to stay over taking a fee and saving 3 or 4 months wages?  Bold.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Prefer him to stay over taking a fee and saving 3 or 4 months wages?  Bold.

Wouldn't be a huge fee, but if saving his wages allowed us to sign a good solid CH then I'm all for it.

I think/would like to see 2 loan players come in…. A defender and a striker (especially if Gullan leaves) 

A few have mentioned Lewis Stevenson but he’s part of the brickwork at hibs so I really can’t see him coming…. And he seems to be getting game time.

Christian Doidge on the other hand would be a shout… hibs have just signed another striker and an attacking midfielder in the last couple of days… so I really can’t see where Doidge fits into that hibs team, he was hardly featuring before this transfer window. He certainly knows where the net is and would be great in the championship. 

Doidge and Ashcroft….. sorted 👍🏻