The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Looking at another defeat then. No defenders yet again. What does Rudden bring that Gullan didn’t, answers on a postcard. 

Been wondering how long it would take you. 

37 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's interesting to note dundalk announced it on twitter subject to a medical and personal terms. Which you'd think would be a formality anyway but still weird to see. 

I suspect that’s also to do with the international aspect of it.

49 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I presume Watson and Murray are fit for tomorrow since theres no other signings in that dept, 

42 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there's no movement but they're still tested for fitness. Watson in particular hasn't played competitively for a few months so might be rusty. I don't doubt that Iain Murray will have no hesitation in waiting a week or so if it means getting the right player in for the squad, whether it's Ashcroft or someone else. 

38 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Can't rush signings through so I don't think it's an indication of them being fit for tomorrow that we haven't signed a defender. From what iv heard, and I'm not claiming to be itk, but patience is a virtue with that. 

I too don’t think for a moment to read anything into the lack of a defender being announced. Murray has been a major component of the back line almost all season, so IM will be loathe to risk reinjury to him.

Watson will likely have to be seen as a sub before any thoughts of starting can be entertained.

I took IM’s not discussing any injuries beyond Stanton as a sign there was no change.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I suspect that’s also to do with the international aspect of it.

I too don’t think for a moment to read anything into the lack of a defender being announced. Murray has been a major component of the back line almost all season, so IM will be loathe to risk reinjury to him.

Watson will likely have to be seen as a sub before any thoughts of starting can be entertained.

I took IM’s not discussing any injuries beyond Stanton as a sign there was no change.

Murray has stated that both Watson and Murray have trained well all week and in contention to return tomorrow. 

21 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

HoF has been brilliant but this is spot on. Would rather it stayed at genuine club legends level than risking it being watered down by having to induct every year. 

It’s already watered down. Should have been held maybe every 5years. Some of these legends. Meh.

15 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Looking at another defeat then. No defenders yet again. What does Rudden bring that Gullan didn’t, answers on a postcard. 

Murray and Watson have trained all week, at least one if not both should be able to start tomorrow.

Rudden is an entirely different type of player to Gullan, much more akin to Hamilton. That allows us to sub off Hamilton without losing our game plan, or it allows us to get two big CFs on the park which really would give sides a biy of a nightmare.

Rudden also has a better goal scoring record at this level over Gullan, as important as many of his contributions, even this season, have been.

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Striker=Defender,,, still no getting the connection hmmmmm. 

You do understand that the club can sign a striker whilst still looking for another defender, right? 

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I think what you’re missing is that Gullan has left and has been replaced with another striker. Striker=Striker. 

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We've lost a striker in Gullan to Ireland and replaced him with a proper no 9 who is a better fit as with Gullan he appeared to want to play through the middle but was better out wide where we have better players. Apparently we are signing a defender next week.

Rudden offers direct competition to Hamilton and is likely to score more goals between now and the end of season than Gullan would have scored.

Bar a couple of posts I've scrolled through the last five pages of this thread like I was looking for my birthdate (1969 btw) 

Edit - put it in before any sarcastic comments

Edited by keyser_soze

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We've lost a striker in Gullan to Ireland and replaced him with a proper no 9 who is a better fit as with Gullan he appeared to want to play through the middle but was better out wide where we have better players. Apparently we are signing a defender next week.

Rudden offers direct competition to Hamilton and is likely to score more goals between now and the end of season than Gullan would have scored.

We’ll see, and we’ll also see how much we throw in at the other end. McKay loves a goal or two against us. 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We’ll see, and we’ll also see how much we throw in at the other end. McKay loves a goal or two against us. 

Like I said I heard a defender is coming in next week. We are currently looking in the loan market and if no defenders are currently available we can't sign them.

Rudden is an up grade on Gullan, Rudden provides competition up front and Rudden is a top Championship player. If he wasn't then why we're ever other Championship club wanting him to sign.

29 minutes ago, Raithie said:

5c993918849a1858176cc694ee3c354a.gif

With some of the logic being displayed by certain "fans", (knicker wetters)on here, it is quite clear that MURRAY, is damned if he does...and damned if he does not!! HE HAS REPLACED GULLAN>>>GOOD GUY>>>>WITH SOMEONE POTENTIALLY ............BETTER!!

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Murray has stated that both Watson and Murray have trained well all week and in contention to return tomorrow. 

As was stated the previous two before interviews…

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Murray and Watson have trained all week, at least one if not both should be able to start tomorrow.

…I’d love to think so, but this is the Rovers…

And a brilliant social media again with “Thunderbald is go”

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Like I said I heard a defender is coming in next week. We are currently looking in the loan market and if no defenders are currently available we can't sign them.

Rudden is an up grade on Gullan, Rudden provides competition up front and Rudden is a top Championship player. If he wasn't then why we're ever other Championship club wanting him to sign.

FAR , FAR TOO LOGICAL A RESPONSE.😉