The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Dick has been terrible the last few weeks, these “experienced” players are making mistake after mistake yet getting away with it every week.  If the other laddies were to come in and make these mistakes they would be the “boo boys” and we would be demanding they were dropped! 

Any teams who send someone to watch our games just need to let the oposition know our defenders can’t run or chase the ball back! We have no speed whatsoever! We are getting caught out far too often! Murray looked like he was running in quick sand on Saturday, if he’s not fit don’t play him!  

we need to play our CB’s in their own position to try an win games. If this “diddy cup” doesn’t matter then let’s shake it up a bit!

Watson Corr Murray

3 totally different players who bring different attributes to the game  corr is young and quick and to my recollection has never actually played in a full strength team, I’m sure someone will correct me!

rest Kev he’s obviously not fit! McNeil done well when he came in.

just my 2p worth 🤣 we all have our opinions 

Edited by mrraith71

2 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

I think Dick has been terrible the last few weeks, these “experienced” players are making mistake after mistake yet getting away with it every week.  If the other laddies were to come in and make these mistakes they would be the “boo boys” and we would be demanding they were dropped

Been getting away with it because there’s literally no one else to challenge for the position so they’re comfortable 

Expecting Murray’s strongest fit 11 with Stanton on the bench.

Anyone that doesn’t want us to reach a cup final -likely against Falkirk need to have a word with themselves.

A week off before the United game as well.

Win for Raith on Friday and Ayr to take points off United on Saturday-happy days 

35 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Expecting Murray’s strongest fit 11 with Stanton on the bench.

Anyone that doesn’t want us to reach a cup final -likely against Falkirk need to have a word with themselves.

A week off before the United game as well.

Win for Raith on Friday and Ayr to take points off United on Saturday-happy days 

I agree with the strongest 11 thing. We need a win and the confidence that comes from it. 

11 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A bit later than usual, and more technical difficulties tonight, but here we are. A review of the Caley game, a chat about the South Stand, and a few glimmers of light from the game. 

Just on that, I appreciate what you guys do and this is in no meant as criticism. However from about 25 mins in there was some sort of knocking sound and round about the same time it sounded like you had Darth Vader in the back ground. I only picked up on it as I was in a massive traffic jam. 

On the whole it sounds like you have some new equipment because everything was clearer might just need some adjustment. 

As said I think you do a great job wirh the pod and understand the time it must take out you lives to make it work so well. 

Please feel free to call me a fanny.

15 hours ago, mrraith71 said:

I think Dick has been terrible the last few weeks, these “experienced” players are making mistake after mistake yet getting away with it every week.  If the other laddies were to come in and make these mistakes they would be the “boo boys” and we would be demanding they were dropped! 

Do you actually know what you did there ?

42 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just on that, I appreciate what you guys do and this is in no meant as criticism. However from about 25 mins in there was some sort of knocking sound and round about the same time it sounded like you had Darth Vader in the back ground. I only picked up on it as I was in a massive traffic jam. 

On the whole it sounds like you have some new equipment because everything was clearer might just need some adjustment. 

As said I think you do a great job wirh the pod and understand the time it must take out you lives to make it work so well. 

Please feel free to call me a fanny.

Definitely not a fanny. 

We were using zoom before which had a poorer audio quality and a lot of drawbacks in terms of editing. 

We decided recently to switch over to Riverside, which is what the Terrace podcast uses. Unfortunately, we've found Riverside is almost too effective at picking up noises as you can tell by last night's episode. That's compounded by a few of the group getting desktop microphones which has meant we're still getting used to settings. 

Additionally, it decided to only record 11 minutes of Christina's upload compared to 1hr and 15 minutes for the rest of us. 

It's definitely something we'll be keeping an eye on and trying to improve going forward. For all this is something we do as a laugh, it's something we all pride ourselves on and nobody wants to have a commute to work listening to a squeaky desk chair or strange background noise.

Drunken Duncan has done far better in the transfer window than Ian Murray.

In came:

Defender, Cammy Kerr on a loan (permanent?) deal from Dundee. Always thought he was decent

Defender, Chilokoa - Mullen, loanee from Leeds Utd, Scotland U21 cap looked fairly solid 

Defender, Remi Savage. Another big lad, only 22 and previously with Liverpool and Newcastle before signing on at ICT. 

Defender, James Carragher, loanee from Wigan another big lad (6'4" ) brought on to see the game out.

Midfielder, Max Anderson, another Dundee loanee.

Alex Samuel, another loan deal this time from Ross Co. Hadn't done much to catch the eye previously but we couldn't handle him, in fact we never got near him!

Six new faces, perhaps they weren't full gelled but they were gelled enough to see us off, we couldn't handle them. The main issue in our inability to handle them was their size, was there a guy under 6' in that team? I think not, they bullied us and we couldn't handle it.

Key issue being ICT have been weak at the back with the likes of Devine taking flak for losing goals, he looked solid enough with the 3 newbies alongside him and the left back Harper had the better of Connolly most of the day.  

Obviously introducing Rudden to counteract their height advantage in the box backfired when Hamilton had to go off after 5 second half mins but that's no excuse for continuing to punt it high and long for the next 40 mins, in fact that seems to have been the game tactic since Stants went off against Ayr in December.

Summary, ICT sign 3 defenders, any one of which would massively have improved out team.

Edited by Scottydog

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

However from about 25 mins in there was some sort of knocking sound and round about the same time it sounded like you had Darth Vader in the back ground.

Probably just the Statistics Gimp that Robbie has locked in his back room.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Drunken Duncan

Read that and immediately my mind raced to the latest podcast to think if Duncan looked a bit cheerful…

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Drunken Duncan has done far better in the transfer window than Ian Murray.

Defender, Chilokoa - Mullen, loanee from Leeds Utd, Scotland U21 cap looked fairly solid 

Defender, Remi Savage. Another big lad, only 22 and previously with Liverpool and Newcastle before signing on at ICT. 

That’s the advantage of Duncan’s connections in the English game right there. Last year we got a lift from IM’s having run into someone at a meeting and ended up with Connor O’Riordan. Duncan also had the advantage of the defence being in shreds and players being loaned expected to play a lot, where we’re looking for short term starting help and depth. 

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Don't think it's a new player though. 

Ngl I don’t see anyone coming in tbh, I’m not sure what the loan rules are beyond January because we do need a defender and in my opinion that should’ve been done first week in January