The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It was 15 years ago i was there last and the amount of empty factories from the communist era was startling. A lot of high rise flats in poor condition. The ' tourist part was first class. Glad prosperity has returned to the summer capital

believe me it has changed beyond recognition thats why my russian wife settled her and nw apart froma town called dupnitsa all traces of the soviet era have gone. you simply wouldnt recognise it,

1 minute ago, ARaithFan said:

You generally don’t get an education on post Soviet Russia on FanTalk and that is exactly why I am here.

all eastern eu is ex soviet union. a lot to be learned from living here

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It was 15 years ago i was there last and the amount of empty factories from the communist era was startling. A lot of high rise flats in poor condition. The ' tourist part was first class. Glad prosperity has returned to the summer capital

6 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

believe me it has changed beyond recognition thats why my russian wife settled her and nw apart froma town called dupnitsa all traces of the soviet era have gone. you simply wouldnt recognise it,

Ironically Kirkcaldy High Street is like a ghetto compared to 15 years ago.

9 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

all eastern eu is ex soviet union. a lot to be learned from living here

Well, this isn't correct. 

If we can we at least keep things factual whilst this thread slides further towards madness, that would be much appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Well, this isn't correct. 

If we can we at least keep things factual whilst this thread slides further towards madness, that would be much appreciated. 

it is very correct fron the baltic states to poland hungary romania bulgaria macedonia is all ex soviet union as is serbia estonia etc.

4 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

it is very correct fron the baltic states to poland hungary romania bulgaria macedonia is all ex soviet union as is serbia estonia etc.

Without wishing to be pendantic. While countries like Bulgaria, Poland etc. Were part of the Warsaw Pact, were communist and had large numbers of Soviet troops stationed on their land, they were never part of the Soviet Union.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Without wishing to be pendantic. While countries like Bulgaria, Poland etc. Were part of the Warsaw Pact, were communist and had large numbers of Soviet troops stationed on their land, they were never part of the Soviet Union.

they were controlled by russia as was east germany.

Just now, DITSOR said:

FFS can we just announce Peter Leven and escape the lunacy that this thread has descended into!!! 

We could well yet be referencing Russia if he does really well and becomes "Peter the Great!"😵‍💫

19 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

You’re joking right? I’ll ignore you not including Estonia  as a Baltic State as a simple error . Yugoslavia was never part of the Soviet Union and I don’t mean the USSR, it was part a of its sphere of influence through the Warsaw Pact but it was completely separate from Moscow as it was controlled by Tito. Yugoslavia was completely different from the USSR in terms of international relations and the “Iron Curtain” it was a regular holiday destination for westerners long before the collapse of the USSR. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

17 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I'll give you Estonia, as that's correct. 

The rest of them were not part of the Soviet Union. Indeed, two of those States were part of Yugoslavia, which was its own State and not part of the Soviet Union. These states may have been politically aligned with the Soviet Union, but they were not part of it. Similarly with Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Poland (Warsaw Pact). 

Edited by Michael W

Just now, Varna Rover said:

whats the purpose of the dysart game on tuesday and would it be correct to suggest our new manager may be their

Was agreed as part of Callum Hannah‘s signing contract. Fair play nice thing to do for his old club and a good payday. 

1 minute ago, Varna Rover said:

whats the purpose of the dysart game on tuesday and would it be correct to suggest our new manager may be their

It was billed as part of the agreement for when we signed Callum Hannah but seems odd not to move it to Saturday as neither side is playing & would probably get a bigger crowd?

1 minute ago, liam_barnett said:

It was billed as part of the agreement for when we signed Callum Hannah but seems odd not to move it to Saturday as neither side is playing & would probably get a bigger crowd?

Too late to move (agreed before we were out the cup) also only holds 1200 so possible issues if it was a Saturday? Shame a a Saturday game would be nice.