The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Pretty pointless bringing players in, if we have no manager.

So the potential new manager has no right to point out to the board about his own signings. That’s up to John Potter, nae wonder no one wants to come here. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

from what I'm led to believe the Frederiksen signing was a colossal nightmare to get through. 

Maybe there was a Rovers fan in the Home Office who did their best to scupper the deal with red tape in order to do us a favour, but we persevered.

Now that he's away, I wonder what Ian Murray REALLY thought of the recruitment strategy and Potter's day to day involvement. In interviews he always said it worked well but somehow I didn't believe him. He had the new system thrust upon him at takeover and I always wondered if he was tolerating it, rather than endorsing it.

If I was in the running for the job, as an applicant or on the BoD preferred list, I'd be giving Murray a call, although he'll almost certainly be covered by a confidentiality agreement. There are ways and means to get the info you need though, without breaching such an agreement.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Now that he's away, I wonder what Ian Murray REALLY thought of the recruitment strategy and Potter's day to day involvement. In interviews he always said it worked well but somehow I didn't believe him. He had the new system thrust upon him at takeover and I always wondered if he was tolerating it, rather than endorsing it.

If I was in the running for the job, as an applicant or on the BoD preferred list, I'd be giving Murray a call, although he'll almost certainly be covered by a confidentiality agreement. There are ways and means to get the info you need though, without breaching such an agreement.

Yep players ain't fit, wonder what ones Murray was referring to in his last match interview(his own or ones Potter brought in), someday we might find out 

I’m pretty sure Murray would identify players that he wanted with Potter. It was then up to Potter to chase and hound them and fix up the contracts. Murray said in a few of his interviews that this suited him as he didn’t like all the contract stuff and just liked being on the training pitch.

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

I’m pretty sure Murray would identify players that he wanted with Potter. It was then up to Potter to chase and hound them and fix up the contracts. Murray said in a few of his interviews that this suited him as he didn’t like all the contract stuff and just liked being on the training pitch.

Let’s hope you’re right, I can’t see any potential manager coming in and accepting what’s he’s being offered by Potter. Don’t get me wrong JP does a great job. But he needs to let the manager do the Donkey work

The Potter thing will be important if we do bring Healy in. His knowledge of the Scottish Market along with Healy’s knowledge of N.I. Hopefully we can get a couple of gems from across the water.

Edited by Jilted John

Do you not think it’s a case of Healy will be on a shortlist of candidates and we have basically asked permission to speak to him and take it from there regarding who has came across as the best out of all the candidates interviewed ?  

12 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Do you not think it’s a case of Healy will be on a shortlist of candidates and we have basically asked permission to speak to him and take it from there regarding who has came across as the best out of all the candidates interviewed ?  

Yeah probably. If we’re putting all of our eggs in one basket, it might be a long search!

10 minutes ago, basher brash said:

We've offered Healy terms and he's agreed in principle but we need to agree compensation with Linfield. At the same time Linfield will possibly be saying "we don't want to lose you: we can give you x, y and z to stay...".

It might be Linfield are only saying they're offering a new deal to save face. Their fans have been quite critical about their board not investing or backing Healy more. 

Thoroughly enjoying their fans being completely dismissive of us on social media though. The only attraction of staying in that job from the outside is that you get to play the likes of Lincoln Red Imps, Hamrun Spartans or the Gibraltar Dog and Duck in the early stages of Europe. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Thoroughly enjoying their fans being completely dismissive of us on social media though. The only attraction of staying in that job from the outside is that you get to play the likes of Lincoln Red Imps, Hamrun Spartans or the Gibraltar Dog and Duck in the early stages of Europe. 

It reminds me very much of when Rogers left Celtic for Leicester.

41 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m not too sure. Players like Hanlon, Stevenson, Easton, Smith, Fordyce all had previous connections with Murray. To think that he had no involvement with signings seems a bit far fetched for me.

I'm not suggesting IM had no involvement - I'm more interested in the day to day balance of responsibilities. JP is involved a lot more than recruitment, particularly now, but exactly who does what under "normal circumstances" is a bit blurry to me. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This is moderately amusing considering that the greatest event in Raith Rovers' history was due to European diddy cup tombola.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This is moderately amusing considering that the greatest event in Raith Rovers' history was due to European diddy cup tombola.

Greatest event in Raith Rovers history was winning a major trophy.  Alien concept, I know.