The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I found it over the top when some of your fans were panicking after no appointment after 10 days or so but this is now looking grim for you lot. The sacking and now the  delay in new appointments is doing the club more harm than keeping Murray would of IMO, Barrowman's made a c**t of this,

22 days

Should have stuck with Murray, wouldn't have been worse than the scenario that's playing out now. It's been nothing other than an incredible act of self harm that's put having a successful season at significant risk, not to mention the reputational damage it's done.

There needs to be accountability for the decisions made. 

9 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Why? He's our CEO and he's made a decision that's put us massively backwards. If the board felt Murray underperformed I'd be interested in what they make of the CEOs performance this season.

You're making all this out to be Barrowmans fault, we've been rank since we got back to playing this season and we weren't exactly setting the heather alight in the 2nd half of last season.

If the club has entered into negotiations with people and in the end they decide not to take the job or aren't interested in leaving their current position, it's not exactly Barrowmans fault. It was a board decision, not Barrowmans alone.

Edited by MICMAC

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

You're making all this out to be Barrowmans fault, we've been rank since we got back to playing this season and we weren't exactly setting the heather alight in the 2nd half of last season.

If the club has entered into negotiations with people and in the end they decide to to take the job or aren't interested in leaving their current position, it's not exactly Barrowmans fault. It was a board decision, not Barrowmans alone.

He's our CEO for lords sake. It's literally his job. To make the decision when he did (not the end of the season but after one game) he absolutely had to be ready to move fast. He's failed in his role, end of story.

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

0_Raith-Rovers-v-Ayr-United-Cinch-Scottish-Championship.webp.c150d6d3f8603c0bc2b055dbc3cdb53a.webpNaw think he will knock it back as well now 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Expand  

Maybe your clubs new role in the football world is to go around and get people improved contracts.  Some Robin Hood shit.  

11 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Why? He's our CEO and he's made a decision that's put us massively backwards. If the board felt Murray underperformed I'd be interested in what they make of the CEOs performance this season.

Where would we be if he didn't sack Murray?

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Where would we be if he didn't sack Murray?

At worst with 3 points after 3 games, without a managerial vacancy, intact reputation and without national embarrassment? 

If you take a huge and unnecessary gamble and it doesn’t pay off then you need to be held accountable in any walk of life. Barrowman was always liked for his openness and transparency but now looks to be a complete shyster!

Edited by Jilted John

7 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

He's our CEO for lords sake. It's literally his job. To make the decision when he did (not the end of the season but after one game) he absolutely had to be ready to move fast. He's failed in his role, end of story.

He did move fast. Peter Leven knocked us back 2 weeks ago and we were refused permission to speak to Diarmud O'Carrol. We then went and agreed personal terms with David Healy last week only for Linfield to beat us out. I don't understand where he has failed? Is he meant to hold a managerial candidate hostage at gunpoint and force them to sign the contract? We've failed to appoint our preferred options, should we just panic and appoint some random dross? Absolute nonsense

Just now, Kooz92 said:

He did move fast. Peter Leven knocked us back 2 weeks ago and we were refused permission to speak to Diarmud O'Carrol. We then went and agreed personal terms with David Healy last week only for Linfield to beat us out. I don't understand where he has failed? Is he meant to hold a managerial candidate hostage at gunpoint and force them to sign the contract? We've failed to appoint our preferred options, should we just panic and appoint some random dross? Absolute nonsense

I think it’s more down to the fact that he’s presumed he’d be able to pluck a better manager off a tree and they would be delighted to accept. He said he knew who we wanted to go for and almost seemed to patronisingly laugh at the fact people were applying.