The New Raith Rovers Thread

Which makes it even more concerning that there appears to rush to add bodies to the squad. If we lose on Saturday I can guarantee on all social media and on here there will be an absolute meltdown by fans.

I think there is something in what Murray alluded to just before his exit....

Why do we have/get so many injuries, and it take so long for the players to recover?  Also we get told they are out for a week or so, but months later players still out.

Honestly don't think anything sinister but it surely cannot all be bad luck?  Bear in mind it has been like this since McGrymm was here.

We need new players.  We can all see this, so surely the BOD can look into that rather than new bloody tumble driers and what colour paint for the tea room! 

The stadium is not in danger of being relegated!

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

11 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Why do we have/get so many injuries, and it take so long for the players to recover?  Also we get told they are out for a week or so, but months later players still out.

Honestly don't think anything sinister but it surely cannot all be bad luck?  Bear in mind it has been like this since McGrymm was here.

We need new players.  We can all see this, so surely the BOD can look into that rather than new bloody tumble driers and what colour paint for the tea room! 

Neither is the team ffs.

You're all over the place. You think there's something in what IM said, but don't think it's anything sinister but it can't all be bad luck. What is it then?

We've played 5 games. There are 93 points left to play for and the 5 teams above us are maximum 2 points ahead.

If current form continues to Xmas and beyond we'll be in danger of relegation. In September, with arguably our 2 best players still recovering from injury, we're not.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Neither is the team ffs.

You're all over the place. You think there's something in what IM said, but don't think it's anything sinister but it can't all be bad luck. What is it then?

We've played 5 games. There are 93 points left to play for and the 5 teams above us are maximum 2 points ahead.

If current form continues to Xmas and beyond we'll be in danger of relegation. In September, with arguably our 2 best players still recovering from injury, we're not.

Shhh, I got slated earlier in the week from some of the more panicky posters for having that opinion.

Therefore i'm now converted to the opinion that we're doomed, we're struggling because we're daring to do stadium work and apparently focusing on that is diverting people and funds away from the playing side. In fact, I hear that Stanton doesn't have a hamstring injury. It turns out that John Potter, while helping to renovate the kit room managed to drop a hammer on Sams foot.

37 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I’ve been actively avoiding this website for the last few weeks because I knew stuff like that last sentence would be getting trotted out and I knew it’d get on my nerves, so well done getting in there. 

The two things are completely and utterly unrelated. Just because the on the park side of the club isn’t going well at the moment holds no relevance to whether or not we should be upgrading the stadium. How can upgrading the stadium possibly be a stick to beat the club with? Should we phone the builders and tell them not to come in on Monday because we lost on Saturday? Completely backwards way of thinking. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’ve been actively avoiding this website for the last few weeks because I knew stuff like that last sentence would be getting trotted out and I knew it’d get on my nerves, so well done getting in there. 

The two things are completely and utterly unrelated. Just because the on the park side of the club isn’t going well at the moment holds no relevance to whether or not we should be upgrading the stadium. How can upgrading the stadium possibly be a stick to beat the club with? Should we phone the builders and tell them not to come in on Monday because we lost on Saturday? Completely backwards way of thinking. 

Depends: can any of them play CB?

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Should we phone the builders and tell them not to come in on Monday because we lost on Saturday? Completely backwards way of thinking. 

Depends, can they play centre back or upfront?

We are at the point when stadium maintenance is necessary. It was put off and put off in the past, but eventually reality comes calling. Wasn't there about £500k of work needing to be done at the point Sim put the club up for sale?

We *have* prioritised the team in the past, mostly unsuccessfully, to put stadium maintenance on the back burner. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agree with this. Its a bizarre take. I don't quite get how people don't understand that both on and off the field work can be done without impacting the other. Its mental

I guess a stadium can't get relegated but it can fall down?

I'd hope , that if we don't have the players available we don't persist with the shape that looks to be the preferred option, even on the basic SFA courses you're taught about adapting, being pragmatic and having other plans in the back pocket. However, I've not got a pro-licence so what do I know....?