The New Raith Rovers Thread

If your confident, then we must show some promise.

Perhaps a fanzine article slagging Tade and questioning his desire, would fire him up ;)

Believe you me WB, he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

I would be more comfortable with Williamson up front, he does look like being an important player for us.

The boy Can't shoot!!!

How many chances did he have similare to Tade's last season and fluffed them all

His goal against Stranraer looked like a mis-hit, even I can score a penalty and his 2nd against Airdrie was mis hit cos any other striker would have rattled that in instead of going across the keeper and hitting the post

The boy Can't shoot!!!

How many chances did he have similare to Tade's last season and fluffed them all

His goal against Stranraer looked like a mis-hit, even I can score a penalty and his 2nd against Airdrie was mis hit cos any other striker would have rattled that in instead of going across the keeper and hitting the post

A goals a goal dude. ;)

A goals a goal dude. ;)

Hmmm. Didn't get to the Airdrie game but when I saw Williamson 2 I was impressed. Having watched Rovers TV though I'm less so. I too have a good chance with a penalty and his second was def mishit. I mishit shots for years. Not sure he's a striker. Did I not read McGlynn say he was going to play him wide - take it his second half role up front last night was just a wee trial. Anything would have been better than Tade. Sade even.

Get Alex Taylor on.

Hmmm. Didn't get to the Airdrie game but when I saw Williamson 2 I was impressed. Having watched Rovers TV though I'm less so. I too have a good chance with a penalty and his second was def mishit. I mishit shots for years. Not sure he's a striker. Did I not read McGlynn say he was going to play him wide - take it his second half role up front last night was just a wee trial. Anything would have been better than Tade. Sade even.

Get Alex Taylor on.

Ok, it was maybe a sclaff. Does McGlynn actually have anyone in the pipeline to lead the attack, at the end of the day (what a cliche) Williamson took the shot and scored.

Edited by ARoverinLeeds

First sight of the boys for me last night and I thought we played the better football. Probably created more chances - just missed them all. I'm sorry, but have to disagree with a few folk here - I thought (and so did my son) that Tade was brutal. 2 complete howlers in early first half, both of which I could have run from south stand to convert, and then anonymous in 2nd half, apart from the ball getting tangled up in his feet on the 6 yard line - another missed chance. His aerial ability is the same as mine and I'm considering the Lighter Life diet. You couldnt get a FFP under him when he jumps. His distribution was woeful too, to the point where his team mates stopped passing to him (and he never went looking for it, particularly at throw-ins) and he got a cheer when he finally DID find a blue shirt. I hope he was having a bad night, otherwise we're goosed.

Spot on peegee

I`ll add that for me Ferry and Williamson are not good enough either.

Having not seen any of our opponents difficult to say how we`ll do this season

Ah f**k it

I think we`ll struggle :lol:

Spot on peegee

I`ll add that for me Ferry and Williamson are not good enough either.

Having not seen any of our opponents difficult to say how we`ll do this season

Ah f**k it

I think we`ll struggle :lol:

I think Ferry would be a good left back for us next year as Ellis has looked poor so far.

You really don't want Ferry under pressure on his left foot either. He's an emergency left-back, nothig more.

You don't want Laurie near the ball at all, his distribution is terrible!

Thought Tade was worse than murder.

Positives: Simmons and Davo were excellent. Campbell won everything long. Weir worked hard.

You don't want Laurie near the ball at all, his distribution is terrible!

Thought Tade was worse than murder.

Positives: Simmons and Davo were excellent. Campbell won everything long. Weir worked hard.

As Long as he gets rid of it, it's fine. Ferry isn't left footed, so I do worry about him being put under pressure.

Davidson, excellent? seriously? I though he was rubbish as usual. Always out of position, headless chicken etc. McGlynn really needs to bin him.

As Long as he gets rid of it, it's fine. Ferry isn't left footed, so I do worry about him being put under pressure.

Davidson, excellent? seriously? I though he was rubbish as usual. Always out of position, headless chicken etc. McGlynn really needs to bin him.

Watching him during the second half myself and my pal I was with thought he looked knackered, blowing out his arse and struggling to keep up with the pace of the game. It could be that he is behind in pre season due to his shin splints or that the shin splints were making him sturggle to run but from where I was sitting he looked much less fit than any of his team mates.

just seen the norwich video build up play is excellent the through ball to tade early on was a very nice move and the interception by weir from the back pass was a sure thing. but my got the boy tade can't finish for shit he makes ally graham look prolific.

in other news new shirts are falling apart already

Ally Graham would never have got / created the chances that Tade has had in these two games. Obviously getting them's no good if he misses them all, but in this stage of pre-season friendlies I'm more encouraged by the threat he poses than disheartened that he happens to have wasted them.

Ally Graham would never have got / created the chances that Tade has had in these two games. Obviously getting them's no good if he misses them all, but in this stage of pre-season friendlies I'm more encouraged by the threat he poses than disheartened that he happens to have wasted them.

Threat? As threatening as my mum with her torch in the Adam Smith Theatre. I'm not sure centre halves the length and breadth of the country are having to be talked back into training for fear of how they'll handle Raith's latest firebrand...

I hope it was an off night / 2 games, and give him the benefit of the considerable doubt. As others have said, 'tis only when he misses them like that in the league that I'll be justified jumping the dyke and pursuing him across the field, like my mate did to Chic Charnley once at Clydebank.

i hope he scores soon and its the first of many so i looks like a c**t. but to me he is more of a tricky winger type good at taking on defenders and creating chances rather than finnishing them. i would be surprised if he gets 10 goals in the league

Yes , threat. I know he fluffed the one-one-one against Airdrie but look at the way he made it for himself, when did Ally Graham ever do that?

Edit: not that I'm knocking the legend that is Ally Graham, obviously.

Edited by Yoss

Yes , threat. I know he fluffed the one-one-one against Airdrie but look at the way he made it for himself, when did Ally Graham ever do that?

Edit: not that I'm knocking the legend that is Ally Graham, obviously.

Made it for himself? Graham Weir made it for him Yoss. Norwich were defending high up the field in a flat line and Weir slipped them one from behind. All (?) Tade had to do was cover the ground and beat the keeper. He then missed the cut back from Weir moments later. Ally Graham would have burst the net with that chance, as would Kenny McDonald.

i hope he scores soon and its the first of many so i looks like a c**t. but to me he is more of a tricky winger type good at taking on defenders and creating chances rather than finnishing them. i would be surprised if he gets 10 goals in the league

I'll be shocked if anyone in that team scores 10 goals.

I kind of agree with you when you say he is more a tricky winger, but he's became completely anonymous when he's been put on the wing in both our friendlies. In addition, our frontline has fell apart when Williamson was put out there. Maybe this is just down to it being 60 mins into a match when the players are lacking match fitness, I don't know. Hopefully it's nothing more sinister.

We need to get a loan striker in though, that's for sure.

Made it for himself? Graham Weir made it for him Yoss. Norwich were defending high up the field in a flat line and Weir slipped them one from behind. All (?) Tade had to do was cover the ground and beat the keeper. He then missed the cut back from Weir moments later. Ally Graham would have burst the net with that chance, as would Kenny McDonald.

The Airdrie one, I said.

(Though now you mention it, AG never had the pace to burst through in the way that GT did against Norwich either.)