The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are you giving your stats in a hope to find a date ( no matter how dry the spell is I don't think p.c will swing that way) or so strangers can dress you over the net?

Either way the shirts seemed a bit short on length but fine round the arms

never say never mate :rolleyes::lol:

I'm gonnae go and nip down the street to get the new home top. I had a medium last year, but i've heard that the sizings are a bit funky. Anyone able to recommend what size?

The same size as last year should be fine. Was for me anyway, albeit mine is a bit baggy about the arms.

fine around the arms thats some set of guns you've got there they must be wider than my thighs. as for measurements on the internet it was purely from a tailoring point of view (however if you saw anything you liked don't be shy) :lol:

Just got back the other day from holiday.

New home kit looks decent but don't think I'll be getting it. Away is pretty plain but I will buy that as last years home will do for this season.

Good to hear we played well on Saturday. Won't make tonights game but should be a good test for the team. Will be there on Saturday - on what is hopefully a sunny afternoon - to watch us pump Accies.

Sad to hear Marv may be away as I didn't think any SPL clubs would risk him and didn't think he would go to another 1st Div team. Murray (was it?) and Hill sound decent from what I've been told so hopefully they can do a job for us if signed. Just another striker and some loans should do for now with strengthening in January if required.

Looking forward to next season now! :)

Half Time report from a Norwich website:

City triallist Goran Maric came within inches of marking his debut appearance with a goal tonight as the Canaries failed to find a way past their Scottish opponents tonight.

Maric was one of City's best performers of the first 45 minutes, but his turn and shot from the edge of the area on eight minutes deserved more , City boss Bryan Gunn had promised some mixing and matching, which included a look at Jon Otsemobor on the right side of midfield.

Whether it's a realistic option remains to be seen - perhaps it was designed to see how Michael Spillane performed in Otsemobor's right-back position.

Michael Nelson wore the captain's armband and partnered David Stephens for the first time in central defence.

Raith should have been ahead inside 10 minutes but Gregory Tade wins the summer's miskick competition after completing fluffing his chance to slip the ball past young Jed Steer, much to the amusement of the Stark's Park crowd.

Matt Gill shot high and wide on the run, bringing a similarly derisory reaction, but the difference between this and Dartford on Saturday was obvious.

Maric's good work was quickly noticed by Raith, judging by the closer attentions they began to pay to the Serb.

Steer was quickly off his line to deny Iain Williamson on 20 minutes and moments later Gary O'Connor did the same to deny Jamie Cureton after he was set free by Otsemobor.

Tade was the guilty party again, on 23 minutes, when he blazed over from eight yards after Spillane's sloppy back-pass had left City's defence in trouble, and within minutes was spoken to by referee Stephen Finnie for the first bad tackle of the summer on Laurie Ellis - only the friendly nature of the game kept the yellow card in the official's pocket.

Spillane was hauled up again, for impeding tricky forward Graham Weir - his frustration a clear sign that City's pre-season schedule had stepped up a pace or two. Gone were the formalities of skipping past non-league opposition, replaced by a side with more organisation and certainly more steel.

But Nelson was coping well at the back, and passing the ball out well, Gill busy and effective in midfield and Matty Pattison a willing worker down the left.

Owain Tudur Jones crashed a free-kick against the wall just before half-time, but it was a half when the number of chances City created was disappointing.

Gotta expect that when you convert a winger to a centre-forward, he'll miss a higher proportion of chances but you have to hope his pace and strength will get him enough of them to compensate. Makes me think of David White at Man City back in the day, couldn't hit the proverbial barn door much of the time but still ended up with twenty goals a season.

I feel positive about next season, Tade's miss was a howler but he had a good game other than that. Simmons was excellent, everything he done tonight was done well and quick. My MOM.

Murray also had a good game at the back.

I thought, minus his total fresh air, Tadé had an excellent game.

I didn't. I can see his pace causing problems but we have Lee Bryce for that. His arial ability is non-existant and to not hit the target twice when clean through with the keeper to beat has all the hallmarks of an Anelka dud.

OK, I got all that from 2 pre-season friendlies but it doesn't bode well.

Sorry :(

However, Grant Murray is worth signing and tonight certainly wasn't our strongest team (and against a team better than all our rivals this season) so all is not lost.

Edited by pantene proV

First match of the season for me, and I was actually very impressed on the whole. Didn't really deserve to lose in my opinion, didn't think there was anything between the teams at all.

Tade was very impressive apart from his finishing, his touch, movement and pace caused the defence a lot of problems, but unfortunately he seems to possess the same erratic finishing as his cousin. Campbell was as solid as ever, and I thought Grant Murray was decent enough on the whole, Hill did some good things and some bad things.

Most impressive though was Stephen Simmons, he was excellent tonight. Some of his passes were magnificent, like the one he dinked through to Williamson to play him in on goal. Hope he keeps that up, and McGlynn lets him play with a midfield partner who has at least a quarter of his footballing brain.

As pantene proV correctly says, we need a striker and a left back. I'm not sure Ellis will cope there week in, week out. The left hand side of him and Ferry was certainly where Norwich got most of their chances from.

Overall, I was impressed, and didn't think we deserved to lose the match.

Edited by Paco

First match of the season for me, and I was actually very impressed on the whole. Didn't really deserve to lose in my opinion, didn't think there was anything between the teams at all.

Tade was very impressive apart from his finishing, his touch, movement and pace caused the defence a lot of problems, but unfortunately he seems to possess the same erratic finishing as his cousin. Campbell was as solid as ever, and I thought Grant Murray was decent enough on the whole, Hill did some good things and some bad things.

Most impressive though was Stephen Simmons, he was excellent tonight. Some of his passes were magnificent, like the one he dinked through to Williamson to play him in on goal. Hope he keeps that up, and McGlynn lets him play with a midfield partner who has at least a quarter of his footballing brain.

As pantene proV correctly says, we need a striker and a left back. I'm not sure Ellis will cope there week in, week out. The left handside of him and Ferry was certainly where Norwich got most of their chances from.

Overall, I was impressed, and didn't think we deserved to lose the match.

What kinda car does your brother have? A black Corsa?