The New Raith Rovers Thread

Actually it was during the training session pre kick off :lol:

A fairly decent eprformance from raith in any case. I'm a lot more confident about tade than I was, i think we can excuse him being a bit rusty in front of goal, remembering that he generally doesn't get played up front. Besides, when he burst through on goal the airdrie keeper did everything right and limited Tade's choices.

as for Smith, he certainly has that 'wow' factor, hopefully he'll keep that up.

Either of the trialists would fit in well alongside Campbell, although Hill semeed tob e the pacier of the two.

Was impressed by Simmons showing, was always tidy in possession, played some nice balls and generally got stuck in - hopefulyl he keeps it up.

you werent saying that when they had the shooting practice before the match :lol:

A fairly decent eprformance from raith in any case. I'm a lot more confident about tade than I was, i think we can excuse him being a bit rusty in front of goal, remembering that he generally doesn't get played up front. Besides, when he burst through on goal the airdrie keeper did everything right and limited Tade's choices.

Aye, me too. He'll probably gain a bit more composure with a couple of games under his belt.

Was that you who was shouting at Lovering from the back, btw?

Aye, me too. He'll probably gain a bit more composure with a couple of games under his belt.

Yes, it was me - I have a pathological hatred of Lovering that is as irrational as it is constant. an apology to those who felt their aftenroon was ruined by my screams of : LOOOVVVERRRIINNGGG.... CCCCCUUUUUUUUUNNNNNTTTT!!!!!

Yes, it was me - I have a pathological hatred of Lovering that is as irrational as it is constant. an apology to those who felt their aftenroon was ruined by my screams of : LOOOVVVERRRIINNGGG.... CCCCCUUUUUUUUUNNNNNTTTT!!!!!

I was doing the same :ph34r:

He really is a grotty, whinging, snot faced, hacking wee p***k though. I can't stand him.

I was doing the same :ph34r:

He really is a grotty, whinging, snot faced, hacking wee p***k though. I can't stand him.

well said and totally agree, bald git

thought we looked pretty good in the first half tho was more like a training game in the second

Also, was it you today who after ten minutes yelled 'CHANGE IT MCGLYNN'. I get the feeling you use the first game of the preseason to vent your frustration that you've built up over the summer. :lol:

ooh that away top is nice much better than the home one is there a slight jambo influence in there

To be honest, I think it's quite similar to the red top of a couple of seasons ago. I actually quite like it. May purchase it later on in the season.

Also, was it you today who after ten minutes yelled 'CHANGE IT MCGLYNN'. I get the feeling you use the first game of the preseason to vent your frustration that you've built up over the summer. :lol:

might have been, all purely tongue in cheek I assure you. I always shout 'change it McGlynn' early in the game, regardless of scoreline, It's my contribution to the surreal and the warped experience of sitting in south stand.

Edited by renton

might have been, all purely tongue in cheek I assure you. I always shout 'change it McGlynn' early in the game, regardless of scoreline, It's my contribution to the surreal and the warped experience of sitting in south stand.

I tried to steal his thunder a bit by shouting it on the way up the stairs during the warm up. The abuse of Lovering and McGurn's save were the two highlights of the day though.

I think we all saw sufficient today to suggest we will trouble and surprise most teams in this division.

I think we all saw that nobody was concerned about the result of the game, only with the fitness of the players. You can't take anything from friendlies other than how well the players are doing in terms of fitness.

If it was, it certainly wasn't just him. I was up the back and Lovering was getting a fair bit of stick from me and the guys I was sitting with as well. Cuntbag that he is.

Anyways, pre-season isn't much of an indicator but here's my thoughts. The team is still well organised and the new boys appear to be fitting in well. Smith, Williamson, Murray and Hill all had decent games. Smith had a couple of runs that had me squealing with delight. If Tade is to be played upfront then he's gonna need some patience to readjust. At the moment he looks like a midfielder. Should we sign another striker I'd expect him to move back into an advanced midfield position.

As for Airdrie, their fans have to hope and pray that it was a fitness thing. If that was any kind of indicator of their talent/potential they'll not be back up this season. Scott Gemmill was awful, the moment where he rugby tackled Wilson, got the ball and just seemed to stop was woeful. The step over when in the middle of the park and in space with no-one challenging was embarassing and the miss was comical. All of Airdrie's attacks seemed to be building around him which is a poor, poor idea (although again, this was the first game of pre-season).

All in all, happy with the first game but I'm not sure how much we can glean from it.

fitness levels of simmons and walker were great to see i thought simmons bossed the midfeild, davo may struggle to fit into that sqaud.. i think sloan will push walker for the other central midfeild position. still need 1 striker who is proven at scoring goals... bryce and graham will run down the clock for last 20 mins but wont get us the goals. and weir and tade will tire defences out with ther constant niggling and pace up front but again wont get us over double figures through the season. still loads of positives to take from first friendly, the boys do look really fit and up for it!

Edited by Munich95

not at the game and it was only a friendly but by the sounds of it the team will get goals from midfield and the options for defence look reasonable just need that elusive striker as i would be surprised if weir or tade hit double figures this season

i thought simmons bossed the midfeild,

This is a damn good point. Simmons was generally excellent all afternoon and slipped one pass throufgh to Weir that made me make a mess in my boxers.

This is a damn good point. Simmons was generally excellent all afternoon and slipped one pass throufgh to Weir that made me make a mess in my boxers.

Out of intrest Izreid, How many games is that 17 point target for?

Out of intrest Izreid, How many games is that 17 point target for?

Hopefuly 6 (clearly, to make 17 points in 6 games we're gonna have to seriously reconsider the rules of simple addition). It's really more of a request to beat our last total in the first though.

Edited by lzreid

Hopefuly 6 (clearly, to make 17 points in 6 games we're gonna have to seriously reconsider the rules of simple addition). It's really more of a request to beat our last total in the first though.

Ah ok.