The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thinking back to yesterday, Lee Bryce did ok when he came on. I know it was last on in the game and he was playing against players back in their first few games but he cause a few problems with his pace on the wings. That may be more of a problem which is unique to Airdrie though.

Guest Dunc?
Thinking back to yesterday, Lee Bryce did ok when he came on. I know it was last on in the game and he was playing against players back in their first few games but he cause a few problems with his pace on the wings. That may be more of a problem which is unique to Airdrie though.

He did really well right at the end, with his cross to the back post, which Mark Whatley somehow managed to get his head onto, despite being roughly the same height as the "No Parking" cones which line Pratt Street on a Saturday afternoon.

Only a friendly and Airdrie were poor, but some signs of promise there, nice to see crosses coming from both sides, Tade looked good even if he fluffed the one-one-one, McGurn's save was up there with the best I can recall seeing at Starks, totally wasted on a pre-season friendly. Best of all Simmons ran the game, can hardly remember him losing a 50/50 all game, he got up and down the field and made some telling passes. Are we sure it's actually the same guy that the Pars fans all thought was lazy?

Don't know what to make of the trialists, it's difficult to judge defenders and they were barely tested today. Have to leave that one to McGlynn.

it was a solid performace I thought, and Airdrie were pretty poor. I agree with the guys about Simmons, he totally bossed the midfield and was up for it. Williamson took the penalty really well and his second goal was kind of well taken, even although it took forever to land in the net via the post. Different proposition in Norwich City tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to it.

Regarding the two defensive trialists, I thought Murray just shaded it, and I would like him to play for us next season, but ideally both would be good to have in the squad next season, as Dougie Hill was no nonsense and he had a bit of speed about him. This could prove to be vital against quicker, nippier strikers this season. I'll be in the FFP this week giving my view of the Airdrie game after I was approached before the game on Saturday!

. I'll be in the FFP this week giving my view of the Airdrie game after I was approached before the game on Saturday!

I did that a couple of years back after a Brechin game. My 'Bonar looked like he might pass a piss test for once' became 'Bonar's passing was decent'

Guest Dunc?
What's it like?

I can't wait for Tuesday night :D

Red. It's just a red shirt, with the tiniest of white detailing under the right armpit.

I'll probably buy it though if I can afford it, it's quite smart, if a little plain.

Do you remember the red away shirt we had when Coolforce sponsored us? It's quite similar to that.

Deeper red though. More Aberdeen than Hearts though (it was suggested earlier in the thread).