The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just to lighten the mood a little of the board

The tickets for the fifa 12 tournament that is taking place on 19th November (our free cup weekend) at Styx are on sale at styx for £6 a place. Go on 8)

Its only speculation, but there were raised eyebrows among both sets of supporters after we lay down in the second half at EEP. Now we're being told we cant afford to be in the First Division, never mind the SPL. You cant blame folk. As for me I've no idea, but it wouldnt be the first time boards have put the brakes on a promotion push.

You seemed to have gotten lost lad, this is pie and bovril! what you are looking for is here.

Nobody has mentioned any of those things though have they.

Berk there has :P

I find it amazing that anyone thinks for a second we threw the league. We were over achieving from the off. Post Christmas we started to struggle and near the end we were running on empty. We played poorly at East End but if Tade had buried that chance early in the second half it could have been different. Then again maybe not. Anyway it's history now. The Pars won the league and deservedly so. Over the season they were the best team. No conspiracies and no chucking the league in sight.

How, they shat it and spent money they didn't have to beat us to the title. Fact.

yeah and because of that outplayed us in the last derby game as we lost our bottle due to many different circumstances

Lets not ignore the facts we were at fault for the slump in our own form and Dunfermline took advantage of us dropping points, they gambled bringing in players we couldnt afford, if they hadnt won the league then they would of been in the brown stuff tho they did so its not really applicable now.

They budgeted for the last few seasons to win the league, we budgeted to survive. We over performed and because of that it makes some of this seasons performances look even worse. We cant moan about it now tho, alot of teams are in the same boat financialy and have to cope as well. We need to try and trust in the manager and what he is doing, i dont always agree with his tactics or subs (understatement maybe) tho there is no disagreeing with how far forward the club has come in his tenure

Edited by P.C

How, they shat it and spent money they didn't have to beat us to the title. Fact.

We made an 80k loss so arguably we also spent money we didn't have.

Dunfermline were the strongest team in the league last season. It gives me no pleasure as a Rovers fan admitting that but it's undeniable.

I dont agree they were the best team in the league - I saw better football from teams like Partick and Dundee. I know we'll get teh usual circular argument shite like 'they must have been the best team because they won it'. I remember them regularly riding their luck against teams the last quarter of last season, even against the likes of Stirling Albion and Cowdenbeath, ripping off Dundee and Falkirk, and while far from underachieving we were throwing away points in games we dominated - twice at TFS, Dens, against QOS, Cowden and Albion. They were only the better team against us at EEP in the decider, where for some reason we didnt turn up; but lets not forget we were the better team in the three other games. So I dont buy this shite that the league should have gone to them - we were top of the league for the first three quarters, had the league more or less sewn up, then collapsed with the finishing line in sight.

I dont agree they were the best team in the league - I saw better football from teams like Partick and Dundee. I know we'll get teh usual circular argument shite like 'they must have been the best team because they won it'. I remember them regularly riding their luck against teams the last quarter of last season, even against the likes of Stirling Albion and Cowdenbeath, ripping off Dundee and Falkirk, and while far from underachieving we were throwing away points in games we dominated - twice at TFS, Dens, against QOS, Cowden and Albion. They were only the better team against us at EEP in the decider, where for some reason we didnt turn up; but lets not forget we were the better team in the three other games. So I dont buy this shite that the league should have gone to them - we were top of the league for the first three quarters, had the league more or less sewn up, then collapsed with the finishing line in sight.

But thats the point mate, we faultered and they took advantage. We had opportunities to open the gap between us with the likes of the Cowden game and let it slip. We have only ourselves to blame there was games we should of won and the team should of needed no encouragement to win them

But thats the point mate, we faultered and they took advantage. We had opportunities to open the gap between us with the likes of the Cowden game and let it slip. We have only ourselves to blame there was games we should of won and the team should of needed no encouragement to win them

Yes, we have only ourselves to blame, but thats a sepoarate matter. The point being contested is that they deserved to win the league because they were the best team in it. They effectively won it by default because we fucked up, not because of their own merit. If we're going to argue about the best footballing side then the case is for Dundee to have won it, because they had by far the best team, and had they not been deducted 20 points (ahem, did someone say good luck to Dunfermline for chancing living beyond their means...) they would have won it hands down.

Think everyone should just accept the fact that Dunfermline went up we didnt,Hard pill to swallow,But what we going to do talk about it for the next 10 year or till we get promoted? It wont change a thing sad.gif

We over achieved last season almost got promotion lost money then lost players and now we are back in the shit in terms of performances,Small squad Etc

Reading some other post's from Raith fans on other threads saying there not paying this and that to watch the Rover's,Im only 25 and have been a season ticket holder since i was 10,2007/08 Season i bought a season ticket and went to 3 games all season,Due to work Etc...Expensive 3 games,2008/9 i went to 9 games again due to work. Im a fan.

You people that cry about paying this and that to watch Rovers are pretty pathetic or Ranger's or Celtic fans without the bus fair,The club rely's on people like me who are willing to dig deep and stay loyal to the club ive supported as a wee boy no greet and refuse to attend game's when thing's get Tough.

Whereas Rovers were the picture of financial greatness last season? the fact that you ran at a loss would say otherwise.

Lad, when you win the most games, lose the least, score the most and conceded the lease you are the best team, Dunfermline did all these and won the league by 10 clear points and a superior goal differance, Raith would have needed an extra 11 points to win the league.

Yes, we have only ourselves to blame, but thats a sepoarate matter. The point being contested is that they deserved to win the league because they were the best team in it. They effectively won it by default because we fucked up, not because of their own merit. If we're going to argue about the best footballing side then the case is for Dundee to have won it, because they had by far the best team, and had they not been deducted 20 points (ahem, did someone say good luck to Dunfermline for chancing living beyond their means...) they would have won it hands down.

Dundee were absolutely horseshit before admin, it was going into admin which created an "us against the world" mindset which they put to good yous.

The hatred you are displaying for Dunfermline though is fantastic, keep it up :D

Whereas Rovers were the picture of financial greatness last season? the fact that you ran at a loss would say otherwise.

Lad, when you win the most games, lose the least, score the most and conceded the lease you are the best team, Dunfermline did all these and won the league by 10 clear points and a superior goal differance, Raith would have needed an extra 11 points to win the league.

As I was saying, there would be some halfwit with the circular 'we won so we must have been the best' chestnut.

Dundee were absolutely horseshit before admin, it was going into admin which created an "us against the world" mindset which they put to good yous.

The hatred you are displaying for Dunfermline though is fantastic, keep it up :D

Hatred? I dont remember calling Dunfermline 'horseshit' <_< . I dont see you applying your 'logic' to Dundee.

Did you ever learn the meaning of 'hypocrisy' at Abbeyview primary :lol:

As I was saying, there would be some halfwit with the circular 'we won so we must have been the best' chestnut.

Hatred? I dont remember calling Dunfermline 'horseshit' dry.gif . I dont see you applying your 'logic' to Dundee.

Did you ever learn the meaning of 'hypocrisy' at Abbeyview primary :lol:

You would need to be a halfwit to try and disagree that the team with the most goals/wins and the least loses/goals conceded, was not the best team, or you would need to have some hatred of the team.

Dundee wouldn't have won the league even if you added +25 points to there points total, no need to apply it.

If such a school existed I might have, sadly I went to Pitcorthie, I do trust though that this imaginary primary school was brilliant.

.... We lost the league, the Pars won it. Trying to argue that the team who ended up 10 points clear weren't the best team in the league is frankly embarrassing.

Among other things I've just pointed out that they didnt win 10 points more than Dundee, or cant you add? The usual simplistic crap from a simpleton.