The New Raith Rovers Thread

You lot better not be getting fucking relegated, we're coming back, Saturday was a blip, we miss you lot as does my good friend....

Sorry to disappoint you, "but we're on a freight train, on a first class ticket on the non stop to nowhere to nowhere":( lyric's courtesy of Faster Pussycat

Edited by baillieinleeds

Thompson is a good player. You could see he had talent when he played against Montrose in the cup. Strolled that game..comfortable on the ball..looked to get forward at every occasion. Got an assist and scored. Surely he would give us something. It's a shame because in comes Denis Shevchenko (haha if only) and he gets a game straight away!

What is your logic John? Because its time you changed it!

Any players you want to offload on your way down? We could be doing with about 3.

Lovely Livi FC always ready to help Raith in a crisis. smile.gif

We've hardly any players the calibre of Tosh and Burns these days, and certainly none like Marv, but there's loads of shite we'd be only too glad to offload to go with what youve already got.

Cant believe how short a memory people have!

McGlynn has been brilliant for the Rovers he has brought promotion from the second followed by a great cup run and then coming within a few games of being in the SPL last season which is amazing considering where we were 3 or 4 years ago.

I feel the critisism has been shocking! Yes we are in a negative position but did anyone genually feel Rovers would be in the top 4 this season?! I would have been happy with avoiding relegation considering the financial situation at the club which has resulted in a small squad. Which means he has to pick virtually the same team every week even if certain players play poor.

People are calling for his name yet we cant afford to sack him and yet he has still managed to pull a decent side together with a shoe string budget who are good away but just need a few positive results at home to kick start our season.

Rovers fans are complaining about prices and mcglynn... well dont go to the football and have such a negative impact on the players and get behind the team because they will get no where with fannys saying they are getting robbed of there money and should go watch thorton hibs etc well go its fucking pathetic.

I feel many Rovers fans have had too high expectations for this season due to previous and need to look at our situation compared to other teams in the league.We arent even half way through the season or have been beaten comfortably in the league ( wasnt at Ayr Away) so we cant be too far off.

Rant over

We have won ONCE in our last 10 league matches, including 5 defeats in our last eight matches. That is relegation form, yet what steps have been taken to try and reverse the decline? I'll answer that question for you - none. The same players have let us down week after week, yet McGlynn still persists with the same formula that isn't working.

McGlynn has done an excellent job to get us to where we were. That doesn't exempt him from criticism when we're rank rotten, however. I can't see what he's tried to do to reverse the decline, and I'm losing confidence in him after every week passes the same as the last. If he can take the plaudits when things are going well, he can take the criticism when they aren't.

What isn't up for debate is that he's taken us as far as he can. The only way was down, but I was rather hoping that we wouldn't look like relegation fodder, which is what we've become.

Edited by Michael W

My own expectations where that we would get nowhere near where we were last season, but would have a mediocre season in which we would avoid being dragged into the relegation battle.

My expectations also didn't involve us only picking up six points from a possible 30 over a ten match period.

What were your expectations, Scott?

Thing is, we can't afford to sack him. Can't afford compo for any other manager in a job. And most of the decent out of work managers would laugh at our wages I fear.

This has been a fucking frustrating season, and I am getting tired of seeing the same shit every week. Just don't think we have another viable option other than Mcglynn.

Cant believe how short a memory people have!

McGlynn has been brilliant for the Rovers he has brought promotion from the second followed by a great cup run and then coming within a few games of being in the SPL last season which is amazing considering where we were 3 or 4 years ago.

I feel the critisism has been shocking! Yes we are in a negative position but did anyone genually feel Rovers would be in the top 4 this season?! I would have been happy with avoiding relegation considering the financial situation at the club which has resulted in a small squad. Which means he has to pick virtually the same team every week even if certain players play poor.

People are calling for his name yet we cant afford to sack him and yet he has still managed to pull a decent side together with a shoe string budget who are good away but just need a few positive results at home to kick start our season.

Rovers fans are complaining about prices and mcglynn... well dont go to the football and have such a negative impact on the players and get behind the team because they will get no where with fannys saying they are getting robbed of there money and should go watch thorton hibs etc well go its fucking pathetic.

I feel many Rovers fans have had too high expectations for this season due to previous and need to look at our situation compared to other teams in the league.We arent even half way through the season or have been beaten comfortably in the league ( wasnt at Ayr Away) so we cant be too far off.

Rant over

[/quot

Gawn yersel neebur you tell em....have a greenie on me..

I'm not at the stage of calling for his head, no idea how many are. Whilst some will go absolutely mental the moment sacking him is even mentioned by someone, history isn't the be all and end all of the argument. We know what McGlynn's achieved here, but it's the present that counts. The present is that we're drowning in a shower of shit rather than drinking from the lake of fine wine like yesteryear.

My confidence in McGlynn is decreasing quite rapidly. We still have time to try and turn things around, but things need to be changed in order to do that: ditch those who aren't performing, drop the favourites and change our overly predictable style play.

I'm not at the stage of calling for his head, no idea how many are. Whilst some will go absolutely mental the moment sacking him is even mentioned by someone, history isn't the be all and end all of the argument. We know what McGlynn's achieved here, but it's the present that counts. The present is that we're drowning in a shower of shit rather than drinking from the lake of fine wine like yesteryear.

My confidence in McGlynn is decreasing quite rapidly. We still have time to try and turn things around, but things need to be changed in order to do that: ditch those who aren't performing, drop the favourites and change our overly predictable style play.

Check out the poll.

http://www.raithfantalk.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=3569&mforum=raithfantalk

Personally, I think the reason the fans of all clubs like to see managers sacked so regularly, is to spice up the shite that is Scottish football. It's so dull we have to manufacture a bit of drama and excitement by regularly sacking managers.

Surprised people are wanting him out to be honest. Probably stay-away fans who don't understand the situation.

Having said that, we've been rotten and if John was a new manager at the start of the season we'd probably want him out. For me it's more the way we've been playing rather than results - we thoroughly deserve to be in the position we're in, we've not been unfortunate as has been claimed.

I'm happy for him to remain given all he's done for the club but he needs to turn things round, and pronto. Three of the next four are home games, with a trip to Ross County in between. I'd suggest failure to win any of them could see his job very much on the line.