The New Raith Rovers Thread

Speaking of our esteemed board, I was told during the week that the pieman Mario Caria pays the Rovers £1000 a year for the catering at Stark's and pockets the profits, after all there bleating about being skint surely this can't be right?

Even if true I bet he still pumps more of his own money into the club than the profit would be.

Speaking of our esteemed board, I was told during the week that the pieman Mario Caria pays the Rovers £1000 a year for the catering at Stark's and pockets the profits, after all there bleating about being skint surely this can't be right?

To be fair, I've heard that Caira has been keeping the club as it is recently. Doesn't mean it is right. Doesn't matter what we hear, we all know we need more fans through the gate and to stay in the division.

I'd wager this is true at most clubs. I'd imagine that Stephen's and not Dunfermline pocket the profits on each bridie and heard that very similar was the case at Ibrox.

Even if true I bet he still pumps more of his own money into the club than the profit would be.

I keep hearing that the board are dipping there hands into there own pockets, is this true??, do they get the money back every season?, or does this go down as a loan to the club?, do they just write it off?, show us on the accounts, M.Caira, T.Hutton etc and what they donated, perhaps if the profits from the catering were given to the Rovers they would have less of a need to "put there own money into the club"

I keep hearing that the board are dipping there hands into there own pockets, is this true??, do they get the money back every season?, or does this go down as a loan to the club?, do they just write it off?, show us on the accounts, M.Caira, T.Hutton etc and what they donated, perhaps if the profits from the catering were given to the Rovers they would have less of a need to "put there own money into the club"

Accounts?what the f**k are they?

As far as FanTalk is concerned, the boy attempting to decipher John McGlynn's post match interview with his unique blend of analysis is the funniest thing I've read for a while.

I'm waiting for the conclusion that McGlynn just needs to take his Ritalin.

Have to say, can't help but feel the club have shot themselves in the foot over this new website. Today was the first time I've looked at it since Saturday, and while it is more modern looking, the coverage is pretty poor. The match report in itself was fine, but there are only three pictures from the game. Other than that there isn't much else. Disappointing that we've taken a step backwards in terms of the website, which had some excellent content before.

Agree with you rw89

Google can't even find the new site!

Regarding the match pictures, Jim Foy always had lots of good match photos, and always a few crowd ones as well, and as childish as it sounds, it was actually good fun to look on the website and say "oh there's me & my Dad" or "there's my drunk mates" or "there's Quinny's nose (again) " ;)

I wonder if we will ever be privy to how much it cost to set this new website up,

The web site contract ( run by Jim Foy ) was to run out soon . The new .net site is cheaper to rent and I believe the site was done by a volunteer so no money ?

I do miss the pictures , especially since I live so far away and never get to games . Sure this will improve if we send suggestions to the new crew.