The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know Eric has a look on here so can I just say that's a tremendous post he's made there. Firmly put the guy in his place, without coming across as condescending... which must've been difficult..

Indeed. Lot of empathy for him there.

Though to pick up on one point where he claims that McGlynn and Smith were the only managers at the Challenge Cup Final watching first division opposition on a Sunday, Gus MacPherson was certainly there, he was on the tv on several occasions for a start! We play Falkirk in a fortnight, though we've finished with Accies for the season.

Indeed. Lot of empathy for him there.

Though to pick up on one point where he claims that McGlynn and Smith were the only managers at the Challenge Cup Final watching first division opposition on a Sunday, Gus MacPherson was certainly there, he was on the tv on several occasions for a start! We play Falkirk in a fortnight, though we've finished with Accies for the season.

Even Ba' faced Bob our secretary was there today, probably on SFA duty.

It's one of those things in football I suppose :lol:In time fans in general have a tendency to over exaggerate goals if you get what I mean? thinking there better/later and what not, until you see a video or a match report from the day and it turns out it wasn't half as good or as late as first though :(

It's good of Eric to reply but there are a few things in his post that have been conveniently glossed over.

The disregard for the 200 Club and it's ever loyal members being the one that perhaps unsurprisingly bothers me. I can also appreciate why the club are happy that the other matter regarding a well known volunteer remains private.

"This afternoon for example. Our manager and assistant manager were the only managers to be sufficiently motivated to attend the Challenge Cup Final so that they could run the rule over 2 of our next 4 opponents. And that after the long trip to Dingwall."

I would have expected no less considering the position were in

"The board is also taking forward detailed plans for next season. Of course we do need a Plan A and a Plan B, depending on the outcome of the team's fight, and these are well developed following our Strategy Meeting a few weeks ago. You criticise the board's communication. Fair enough it is definitely an area for improvement, but you will, I am sure, understand that it would not be a smart move to set out our plans at this juncture, when our football fate is not known. In any event, no final decisions have yet been taken but be assured we are determined to get the club on an even keel."

Lets hope its a better budgeted plan A,B,C or Z than this season

"The accounts have been audited and will, of course, be shared with shareholders first, but again there is plenty time for all of that stuff after the end of the season."

Why wait till the end of the season?If they are ready get them sent out.They were promised last year

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's the gig with the 200 club?

If it's going over old ground or raising negative stuff that isn't necessary, please ignore me.

There's talk of us being removed from the Raith suite to accommodate more hospitality with little or no regard given towards a suitable venue where we can continue fundraising for the club.

f**k me,if somebody is willing to give me a red one at least have the baws to say why?

Hi there, that was me.

I gave your post a red dot because I disagreed with it. It was entirely negative and not at all constructive.

Your first point was entirely unnecessary. I'd also have expected John McGlynn to have gone to the Challenge Cup Final, but it's noteworthy that Brian Reid didn't. I imagine he was doing something constructive elsewhere, but to try and score points because McGlynn and Paul Smith did go is very cheap.

Again, your second point is flippant. We all hope the budget is better than this seasons, given that we'll make a loss. It doesn't really need to be said, does it?

Finally, the accounts won't make for great reading, will they? We all know that. Do you really want to unleash all that negativity (maybe you do, it appears to be your style) at this crucial point of the season? It makes perfect sense to leave it until the season's finished.

To summarise, your post offered no insight, wit or benefit and only contributed to the negative atmosphere that the club is so often criticised for.

Of course, this is only my opinion, so please feel free to respond to it however you like, whether that be with a red dot or otherwise!

Hi there, that was me.

I gave your post a red dot because I disagreed with it. It was entirely negative and not at all constructive.

Your first point was entirely unnecessary. I'd also have expected John McGlynn to have gone to the Challenge Cup Final, but it's noteworthy that Brian Reid didn't. I imagine he was doing something constructive elsewhere, but to try and score points because McGlynn and Paul Smith did go is very cheap.

Again, your second point is flippant. We all hope the budget is better than this seasons, given that we'll make a loss. It doesn't really need to be said, does it?

Finally, the accounts won't make for great reading, will they? We all know that. Do you really want to unleash all that negativity (maybe you do, it appears to be your style) at this crucial point of the season? It makes perfect sense to leave it until the season's finished.

To summarise, your post offered no insight, wit or benefit and only contributed to the negative atmosphere that the club is so often criticised for.

Of course, this is only my opinion, so please feel free to respond to it however you like, whether that be with a red dot or otherwise!

I gave you a green, but I cant be assed typing out why I agree with you, hope thats okwink.gif

Isn't that what the original comment did in the first place? Especially given that it wasn't accurate.

Hi there, that was me.

Next years budget may not necessarily be much less that this year even though we will be making a loss this year. Take into account the Pars being back down, Cowdenbeath and possibly East Fife being in the league then our takings will be well up on this year. Add having Falkirk, Dundee who could also bring decent numbers then next years first division could be as profitable as it could be for Fife teams, especially if you are doing well.

Next years budget may not necessarily be much less that this year even though we will be making a loss this year. Take into account the Pars being back down, Cowdenbeath and possibly East Fife being in the league then our takings will be well up on this year. Add having Falkirk, Dundee who could also bring decent numbers then next years first division could be as profitable as it could be for Fife teams, especially if you are doing well.

Just as long as we're not in the division below.

Hi there, that was me.

good on you

So you actually agree with me and don`t see where I was trying to score points.Statement made it seem they were doing something beyond the call of duty where they really were not..Personally not interested in what other managers do or don`t do

Not flippant in the slightest.Of course we hope the budget is better than this seasons but history shows its unlikely

Finally, the accounts won't make for great reading, will they? We all know that.

Its irrelevant whether the accounts don`t make great reading or not.They were promised months ago,they are ready,send them to the shareholders,simple

Do you really want to unleash all that negativity (maybe you do, it appears to be your style) at this crucial point of the season?

:lol:

We have officials at the club who are more than capable of that so anything I say will not add anymore negativity that eminates out of Starks regularly

It makes perfect sense to leave it until the season's finished.

Why is that?The accounts share holders are waiting for are not for this season.However,this seasons will make interesting reading and be quite worrying I would imagine

Sorry that I do not tow the party line where all things are positive and apologise for airing my views on a football forum

Edited by Rovers_Lad

To throw a body swerve and start a completely different hypothetical discussion...

Would the Rovers be in a better financial situation today, if they'd taken the drastic step of going into administration at some point in the last ten years?

Assuming a ten point deduction, the Rovers could've got by in any of the following seasons without dropping any lower in the league system:

2004/05 - Rovers were relegated from the First Division after the Anelka saga with 16 points. So, it'd be an almost unbeatable record for lowest points, but relegation is relegation is relegation.

2005/06 - 7th placed finish, with 42 points. Deducting ten, the Rovers would be equal with 9th placed Alloa on 32 points, but with a greater goal difference, avoiding the relegation play-off.

2006/07 - Losing ten points would drop the Rovers from third to fourth. They'd play Airdrie in the play-offs instead of Stirling and still get beat, obviously.

2007/08 - A much tighter league and a ten point deduction would take the Rovers from 3rd all the way down to 6th, but seeing as they lost out in the play-offs anyway, it's no great loss.

Administration would also have allowed the club to pay off a chunk of the debt that surrounds it. I'm not entirely sure how this would work with regards to the stadium and the various ownership issues, but it's hard to see how paying off debts at 6%, 9% or 20% can be a bad thing.

I'm glad that the Rovers have never been through the administration process, but I can't help but wonder if the club would be on a more stable footing than it is at the moment. I'd be interested to hear other views.