The New Raith Rovers Thread

I noticed that Baird was in the papers today saying that he wants to get our league status sorted asap so that contracts can be offered to him and the rest of the playing and coaching staff. Maybe he's just bluffing for the press but maybe his future isn't quite as clear cut as we thought.

Brucie bonus points to anyone who remembers what happened a year ago today? :whistle

With hindsight we probably dodged a bullet in not getting to the SPL and having to install under soil heating for virtually zero return. Any increased crowds would have been swallowed up by increased wages and policing and we'd probably have ended up adding to our debt, having to close a stand and getting relegated just after Christmas.

But then winning that day and the shiny trophy would have been nice....

Andy McNeil having a nervous breakdown, Simmons on the left wing, Tade missing a chance at 1-0 up. Such memories...

I remember Simmons that day so well, Pre Match one of my mates had a team line, and we were looking through but for the life of us we couldn't figure out the Raith team, until they lined up for kick off with Simmons on the left wing, it was quite amusing. Definately a case of McGlynn bottling it, similarly with his decision to keep McNeil in for that game instead of "The Witch".

At the time I thought Tades chance was a sitter, but I've seen it a few times and it doesn't look nearly as bad in fairness.

Right, Turnbull Hutton will never win any public relations awards, but the first half of this article is music to my ears.

''In my view, regardless of the end to the season, we should keep the manager. Who would be better to get us back up if we were to go down? He brought us up from the Second Division and I would have faith he could do that again. ''He knows the club, knows the board, knows the financial constraints he is working under and is very well connected. John has done a magnificent job at this football club. Every year he has moved this club forward, but this season we have had a bad year. That is not because we are a terrible team, it has just been a tough, dog-eat-dog division this year.''

I know that not everyone will agree, but that's exactly what I wanted to hear. John McGlynn for as long as possible, please.

Right, Turnbull Hutton will never win any public relations awards, but the first half of this article is music to my ears.

''In my view, regardless of the end to the season, we should keep the manager. Who would be better to get us back up if we were to go down? He brought us up from the Second Division and I would have faith he could do that again. ''He knows the club, knows the board, knows the financial constraints he is working under and is very well connected. John has done a magnificent job at this football club. Every year he has moved this club forward, but this season we have had a bad year. That is not because we are a terrible team, it has just been a tough, dog-eat-dog division this year.''

I know that not everyone will agree, but that's exactly what I wanted to hear. John McGlynn for as long as possible, please.

I'm happy with that too

Nice pick of me & my Dad (I'm the one punching the air) in the FFP match report. :D

I can't agree with Hutton on this one - if we do go down, McGlynn goes too imo. Not even just for the fact he relegated us, but also the need for cost cutting. I obviously don't have the figures to hand, but I would imagine McGlynn is the highest paid person at the club by a fair bit.

As for us being terrible this year- the manager chose the small, full-time squad and he chose the players. I'm delighted we've seen a difference in the last few months, but the amount of loanees we've brought in over the season speaks for itself. I know we've often used loan players to help us along, but not to the same extent as this (I make it 9 players over the season)

Toughest first division in a while, yet some fans happy to forget that. Livi have came up in place of Stirling, and have been miles ahead with an excellent team. Ayr have been far superior to last seasons Cowdenbeath team too. Accies have taken same number of points off us as Dunfermline. Ross County have obviously been far and away a better team, and we've not performed well against Dundee. We should definitely be looking to stick with McGlynn. Continuity pays dividends in this cqse.