The New Raith Rovers Thread

Excellent to hear. The only situation where I would maybe understand not offering a new contract would be if we were relegated and his wage was too high for whatever (hopefully realistic) budget was set. Otherwise, I'm happy for him to stay on for as long as he likes.

An interview with Turnbull Hutton that doesn't mention 'keyboard warriors'. :o

Threw in this though

There are the usual supporters who seem to expect us to be a mini-Barcelona

I can't agree with Hutton on this one - if we do go down, McGlynn goes too imo. Not even just for the fact he relegated us, but also the need for cost cutting. I obviously don't have the figures to hand, but I would imagine McGlynn is the highest paid person at the club by a fair bit.

As for us being terrible this year- the manager chose the small, full-time squad and he chose the players. I'm delighted we've seen a difference in the last few months, but the amount of loanees we've brought in over the season speaks for itself. I know we've often used loan players to help us along, but not to the same extent as this (I make it 9 players over the season)

This

An interview with Turnbull Hutton that doesn't mention 'keyboard warriors'. :o

Threw in this though

There are the usual supporters who seem to expect us to be a mini-Barcelona

I can't agree with Hutton on this one - if we do go down, McGlynn goes too imo. Not even just for the fact he relegated us, but also the need for cost cutting. I obviously don't have the figures to hand, but I would imagine McGlynn is the highest paid person at the club by a fair bit.

As for us being terrible this year- the manager chose the small, full-time squad and he chose the players. I'm delighted we've seen a difference in the last few months, but the amount of loanees we've brought in over the season speaks for itself. I know we've often used loan players to help us along, but not to the same extent as this (I make it 9 players over the season)

This

Rovers lad? since u dont agree fancy sharing with us what you think??

See Michaels post along with standard of football has been in general not good to watch and that includes the best part of last season

At any rate, we're in a good position to stay up, so I don't think this will he an issue.

However, another season like this one and that's it. McGlynn has earned another season with the turnaround, but for long periods of the season I felt we were stagnating. Hopefully we can get some new players in and have a comfortable, if unspectacular mid-table season next time around. I'd be happy with that.

Just go and beat Queens on Saturday first, though. Do that and we're safe barring a major disaster.

I too am more than happy to see him stay, on the premise he's learnt a lot from the horror show that we were up until February or so. I think he has.

In other news, for anyone that doesn't know Eric Drysdale has been named as one of the "SFA three" who imposed sanctions on Rangers earlier this week. As a result he and other members of the committee have been receiving threats from Rangers supporters. Sickening really. Well done to Eric..

Eric on Sky.

Edited by Paco

I agree.

Then next May sit down again and offer another 1 year if we have improved (i.e. not in a relegation battle all season)

that would have its downfalls aswell though. if we ended up having another blinding season we would most likely find it hard to hold on to Mcglyn if he was on that sort of contract. also were at a stage where the squad is going to have to have a huge turnover with players getting older and some not up to the task so for this to happen there will need to be a manager in place for more than 1 season as it would be pointless having Mcglyn trying to build a team for 1 season and then next season its someone else who has different ideas but is stuck with the same players.

i would give him a 2 year deal i would say hes more than earned a chance to rebuild the team, this may change come 5 oclock tomorrow though :ph34r:

Does that mean the **** will boycott Starks par if we draw them in the ramsdens cup??

I'm more worried they may choose to express their frustrations "in writing". <_<

It was good of Eric to speak out about it, but you wonder how on earth a few people appear to have got hold of his mobile number etc. Contacting the club is obviously easy enough, but getting hold of him at work/personally is a different matter.

justs been talking to a mate of mine hes a member on followfollow theyve been going on about drysdale (surprise surprise) and someone posted this

Raith RoversDrysdale has been a director of this provincial club for more than a decade. He signed the most recent accounts to 30 June 2011.

Here are some extracts:

- loss for the year £162,000 (2010: loss £73,000)

- balance sheet: insolvent to the tune of £1,400,000

- this excludes £201,000 of unpaid rent that the landlords have waived for the moment but retain the right to claim later

- net current liabilities £310,000 i.e. it owed more in the short term than it had available

- payroll taxes and VAT outstanding of £78,000 (2010: £118,000), see later for comments on this

- was only able to pay some of its bills because other directors paid in £52,000

- going concern emphasis of matter by the auditors which cast "significant doubt on the company's ability to continue as a going concern"

- disclosure that "the company does not have formal funding facilities in place that allow it to meet its liabilities as they fall due"

- disclosure that a group restructuring took place in 2005, the terms of which were "incorrectly documented" and an "assumed waiver of the loan ... has not in fact been made".

Drysdale owned 0.0003% of the 327,400 ordinary shares and 0.5% of the 10,000 preference shares. If he has made any money in banking, it doesn't appear that he has invested it in football.

Although there were payroll taxes and VAT due at the year end, these weren't necessarily overdue at that time. How £78,000 was paid in full the following month when there was only £27,000 in the bank at 30 June would be a legitimate question to ask?

Likewise the year before, £118,000 taxes due but £44,000 in the bank. In the interests of transparency, perhaps Drysdale would like to make a statement confirming that, during his directorship, Raith Rovers have never been late with any tax payments. If he is sitting in judgement of Rangers on these matters, surely that's the least we can expect?

That part might explain why he was doing his darndest to get Rangers demoted into Raith's league and help to bring them out of debt.

i know it should really go into the rangers admin thread however theres some figures in there that soe may be interested in from a raith perspective, also it will undoubtedly be biased.

As a result of the participation of one of our Directors on an SFA panel, this football club finds itself now having to contend with various threats in the form of emails and telephone calls, during the build-up to an important SFL league match.This club, along with every other club in the SPL and SFL, voted for change at last year's AGM. Part of that change involved the setting up of a panel of individuals who would give of their time to better facilitate and judge on football issues affecting the game in Scotland.

Individuals who agreed to an involvement in that process now find themselves chased by the media, vilified by sections of the press, subjected to abuse and hate. If this is the consequence of participation, it is more than likely that many will wish to consider whether or not such participation is worth such a price.

This football club remains supportive of our Director's involvement in what has turned out to be a fiasco. It is, however, incumbent on us as a football club to point out that we are NOT directly involved in the process per se. Threats to our staff, our infrastructure and our reputation is something we could well do without. So far this week significant additional costs have been incurred here at Kirkcaldy. Equally, tomorrow's important game against our friends from Dumfries, will be subject to greater security and police presence than would otherwise be the norm.

The Board at RRFC will have to consider why we should be subject to additional costs in support of a battle which has nothing to do with the football club. We may well be viewed as 'collateral damage' in the wider debate re the future of one of the country's larger footballing institutions, but we are nevertheless heartily sickened by what has happened this week.

This Board now looks to the footballing authorities to defuse the current mayhem and allow this football club – and no doubt others – to get back to business as usual.

Turnbull Hutton

Vice-Chairman

Raith Rovers Football Club