The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fantastic John, that is what loyality is all about. Murray would be a great shout for taking over, a great leader, a true pro and a really sound guy as well. Spent about 15 minutes chatting to him in tesco the other week, full of positivity about the club.

I still reckon its all being set up for Murray to take over from McGlynn. Sooner or later part-time football will be inevitable and that might be the time McGlynn calls it a day. The part time issue is probably part of the reason only a one year has been handed out

I'll be surprised if we hand out any 2 year full-time playing contracts as well.

Good point, mind you, I haven't checked my lottery ticket yet.

That aside, it's a reasonable theory.

I notice Laurie Ellis has been taking his coaching badges as well, maybe a player/assistant manager job somewhere down the line, or maybe coaching the youths to get some experience in that field??

At the risk of being a little cynical I suspect the free primary school tickets will boost the numbers significantly. Still these are the fans of the future so all good

A lot of sales will be free primary school tickets but I'd imagine we sold a fair few adult ones too. I bought one.

Bring on the Starks squeal? Starks shriek? Starks squeak? Hopefully a lot of people get their kids free tickets and the next generation of fans get a boost.

Edited by Scary Bear

Sooner or later part-time football will be inevitable and that might be the time McGlynn calls it a day.

that time for me is now and if it meant mcglynn not signing a new deal because of it so be it.

Great news and fair play to him for taking a pay cut. For all the doubters, I've not heard a realistic alternative to him who could do better in the circumstances and I think he's done a very good job over the last couple of months to pull us to safety. Had a sticky period but hopefully that'll stand him - and us - in good stead for next year.

Can only agree with the non-doubters and say I'm absolutely delighted with the news he's signed on for another year, and with a wage cut and a wider job role too? What a guy; shows a loyalty that's sadly lacking in modern-day football.

For all the doubters, I've not heard a realistic alternative to him

This is key for me. People are quick to want him out after what has been undoubtedly a disappointing season but realistically, who would/could we get in as his replacement?

Lets see.

Raith are effectively insolvent. Their accounts were qualified by the auditors - emphasis of matter - going concern. Liabilities exceed assets by £309,990, Raith are living day to day on the basis of donations and soft loans; £70,000 just last month without which wages would not have been paid. Raith been unable to pay HMRC on time for a number of years and keep having to pay up late.

So what punishment do Raith deserve for their financial mess?

The difference is, we are trying to survive. Rangers were trying to cheat their way to the top, spending money they didn't have. Now it has caught up with them, they are blaming every body but themselves, and trying to drag every body else down with them. RFC are a disgrace and an embarrassment to scottish football.

Absolutely delighted McGlynn has signed on for another year especially taking a wage cut too! What a lad!

He's the only man for the job, unless Pep Guardiola has decided his heart really lies at The Rovers. But realistically who else would do the same job that he's done for the club AND at a reduced salary? Now that's loyalty!

Anybody who disagrees with this decision needs a reality check or needs to stop playing football manager so much.

Edited by MC_Lachlan

Simply a sign of the man he is. Prepared to do what it takes when the situation presents itself. Very happy that the man has signed up and we can avoid the needless 'change for the sake of change' which would be the wrong thing to do with the club so precariously balanced.

What with his Hearts contacts too we can look forward to seeing more starlets like Jamie Walker hopefully.

Mon ye Raith...... McGlynns' Blue and White Army ;)

Delighted that McGlynn has signed on and the fact that he has both taken a pay cut and taken on the Academy shows the measure of the man.

Until this year we have progressed year on year under McGlynn and even in the face of severe cuts and the hangover of missing out last season he's done what he needed to do this season which is keep us in the Division. It's not been an easy season but we are safe (barring a couple of freakish results).

Having survived the Anelka farce and the Short/McGowan era, all I want from the Rovers is some stability on and off the pitch and to consolidate in the First Division - especially given the economic situation and the fact that Scottish football is a mess at the moment. John McGlynn staying is great news.