The New Raith Rovers Thread

So when all is said and done we've ended up 7th with 44 points. A position and points tally I would've taken at the start of the season.

No doubt decisions will be taken this week re the makeup of the 2012/13 squad so should be an interesting week ahead.

I agree with all of this.

My worry for next season doesn't relate to the squad, or the full time/part time mix. Our squad will probably be weaker - but even if we uncovered that elusive mysterious benefactor who clears our debt, buys back the stadium and pumps millions in - we'll still have the same brutal tactics and coaching naivities. So its going to be more of the same for Rovers.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

we'll still have the same brutal tactics and coaching naivities. So its going to be more of the same for Rovers.

If I had that attitude I'd simply stop going. That's not a dig at you but if I found it so joyless I think I'd find something else to do with my Saturdays.

The bulk of the season was a slog but we finished well. So if 'more of the same' is the way we've played in the Falkirk, Queens or Morton games then yes please!

If I had that attitude I'd simply stop going. That's not a dig at you but if I found it so joyless I think I'd find something else to do with my Saturdays.

The bulk of the season was a slog but we finished well. So if 'more of the same' is the way we've played in the Falkirk, Queens or Morton games then yes please!

Quite a few people obviously did stay away as our crowds were down. The club must be thankful that fans will put up with gash football.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/attendances/raith

Some of the crowds are probably lower than the board were expecting. Lot of crowds around the 1500 mark.

The only one of those that strikes me as being a 'good crowd' is actually the first home match against Morton - 2,109.

It's around 300-500 more than I would typically expect for a fixture against them. I guess the good starts of both sides (:blink:) helped that one a bit.

Actually, that crowd v Ayr first time around is good too. It's higher than the return game, which was a hell of a lot bigger.

Edited by Michael W

We all go in hope. But with the exception of a few games this season was as difficult to watch as any in the 40 odd years I've been going.

From my memory the Bobby Wilson, Anelka and Dalziel seasons were much, much worse than what we've just witnessed. Not a classic season by any measure but in the last quarter only Ross County bettered our points tally and we started playing some decent football so reason to be hopeful. But then It's the hope that kills us

Do you think we're waiting to see if the Pars are relegated tonight to see who we can keep/have to lose?

Pars or Hibs would both bring similar supports and it's definitely going to be one of them.

For anyone doubting whether Baird is staying or going, you need only watch this video...

Definitely waving goodbye, and is that even a few tears I see there? Thanks for everything Bairdy.

I too would like to see Casa stay, but maybe we just can't afford him. I'd have thought we'd have a similar-ish kind of budget for next season than this. Granted we've made a loss but Dunfermline/Hibs and Cowden is about 15-16000 punters over four games rather than Ross County and QOTS which is 7-8000.

I have good contacts within the club and i have been informed that Bairdy has two offers on the table both of which are not much better than he has here. Where there`s hope etc. Mind you its a long break for agents to get their act in gear.