The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hutton is quoted as saying "“We’re looking at another two full-timers on top of the ones we’ve already got signed and that would give you the spine of a team,”, which would suggest Davidson and Baird will be the only two offered.

The likes of Hill and Ellis may well be able to switch back easily enough but any full-time offers from elsewhere would surely see them go. Allan Walker has also, to my knowledge, always been a full-time player so I imagine he'll be looking elsewhere too.

If putting out as cheap a side as possible is all we can do then for the long-term future of the club it's definitely the right thing to do. Looks like next season is going to be much the same as this one though...

I hadn't seen Hutton's quote when I posted.

I think the thing to remember is that a part time wage + a job could easily leave some of these guys better off. It would depend on who was offering what and where.

It would depend on who was offering what and where.

Get them working 40hrs a week in Marios pie factory, training twice a week, match on Saturday, wages in a brown envelope like the good old days! ;)

Whilst I understand board's concerns we must be on the brink if we are having to go back to almost a complete part-time side with only a handful of full-timers. This is even more concerning given the fact the our crowds will be bigger next season with the introduction of the derby matches.

I have already accepted that Baird and Davidson are away. Whilst they love the club if they are getting offered better terms elsewhere with the prospect of challenging for promotion rather than relegation then it really is an easy decision for them.

I realise that we have to tighten up but I fear we are simply gearing ourselves up for relegation next season and reverting to a complete part-time side for 2013/14.

This is really where out lack of youth development in recent years is now coming back to bite us hard on the arse.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Whilst I understand board's concerns we must be on the brink if we are having to go back to almost a complete part-time side with only a handful of full-timers. This is even more concerning given the fact the our crowds will be bigger next season with the introduction of the derby matches.

We're not necessarily "on the brink", maybe the Board are just setting more realistic budgets than they have done in the past.

It's a strange notion to think that Davidson and Baird would be our only full time players, especially when you consider that the youth system is apparently under review. Who will these guys train with through the day if there is no full time 19s and no other full time players?

We're cutting our cloth to suit the current circumstances so that the CLUB survives, highly commendable - if a little post bolting horse and all that.

When we have our finalised squad (whatever that looks like) we can only hope that the fanbase recognise it for what it is and get behind the players and management. Support for the team will never be more vital than in the coming season.

Favourable results and (hopefully) slightly bigger crowds, due to the derbies etc, might go a long way to allowing the club to get back to a larger full-time element sooner rather than later, but it simply won't happen if fans stay away.

Football at our level is definitely changing in terms of affordability to stay full-time and the sides (and fans) that recognise and adapt to this first will be far better placed than those clinging on to "the gamble" of an SPL visit.

All we can do is hope the players also recognise this and play with the same desire and commitment they showed in the last 6 weeks of this season. If, under these difficult circumstances, they do they will be even greater heroes of the club.... IMO. wink.gif

'Mon you Rovers !!!

We're cutting our cloth to suit the current circumstances so that the CLUB survives, highly commendable - if a little post bolting horse and all that.

When we have our finalised squad (whatever that looks like) we can only hope that the fanbase recognise it for what it is and get behind the players and management. Support for the team will never be more vital than in the coming season.

Favourable results and (hopefully) slightly bigger crowds, due to the derbies etc, might go a long way to allowing the club to get back to a larger full-time element sooner rather than later, but it simply won't happen if fans stay away.

Football at our level is definitely changing in terms of affordability to stay full-time and the sides (and fans) that recognise and adapt to this first will be far better placed than those clinging on to "the gamble" of an SPL visit.

All we can do is hope the players also recognise this and play with the same desire and commitment they showed in the last 6 weeks of this season. If, under these difficult circumstances, they do they will be even greater heroes of the club.... IMO. wink.gif

'Mon you Rovers !!!

Good post. With the Rangers fiasco I think people are finally waking up and smelling the coffee around finances in Scottish football. Unless people are completely stupid then what clubs pay players will start to come down. I'm glad the board are being realistic and budgeting for staying in the First Division rather than an assault on the SPL. Having a club to support long term is more important to me than a quick year in the SPL which would cost us money and probably be pretty grim to watch (just ask Dunfermline).

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about next year. This year you could tell the players were on a downer from not winning the First. No great surprise I was as well. But the last quarter of this season has been great. We have played well, won games and in Brian Graham found someone to pin our hopes on. The fans are feeling optimistic, the Board are making the right calls and have a good, stable management in place. We also have the Derbies to look forward to.

Mind you the last time I felt this positive I picked up the Daily Record to read about how Anelka was going to make us the third force in Scottish football. But that won't happen again......I hope :unsure:

...or maybe they're sick of always having to put their hands in their pockets to keep us going.

The return of the Pars games should be looked at as a bonus financially instead of a reason to strengthen the squad. Two crowds of 6000 instead of two gates of 1700 against County, plus two gates of 2200-2500 for Cowden instead of 1500 or so for Queens games is about £120k-£130k extra based on an average of £12 a head. Add in some lower wages and there shouldn't be the need to get the buckets out and, fingers crossed, we could actually make a profit. Throw in the fact that Cowden and whoever wins the play-offs will be P/T and I don't see the reason for the doom and gloom.

Fully support the decision.

Don't mean to drag the whole thing back up, but it transpires today that Rangers and Ally McCoist knew perfectly well who sat on the committee of which Eric Drysdale had a part. Thus there was no need for McCoist's "who are these people?" shite, which forced the leaking of names onto the internet, which resulted in Eric receiving threats and the club being hit with an extra few thousand pounds to pay on security.

I'm sure I speak for us all when I re-iterate that I hope Rangers die as soon as possible.

Don't mean to drag the whole thing back up, but it transpires today that Rangers and Ally McCoist knew perfectly well who sat on the committee of which Eric Drysdale had a part. Thus there was no need for McCoist's "who are these people?" shite, which forced the leaking of names onto the internet, which resulted in Eric receiving threats and the club being hit with an extra few thousand pounds to pay on security.

I'm sure I speak for us all when I re-iterate that I hope Rangers die as soon as possible.

Hence why I changed my sig a few weeks back. Disgraceful actions from a vile club

We knew that at the time didn't we?

Rangers had a rep present at the meetings and I'd be very surprised if he didn't tell McCoist who the committee were.

McCoist wanted the people outed through sheer devilment, nothing else.

It's an absolute disgrace that this has conveniently been painted over and that McCoist or Rangers haven't been made to be accountable for his actions.

He has a legend to protect. If that means that he endangers other people's life whilst in the process of pandering to the RFC supporting neanderthals then so be it, so it would seem.

Terrible conduct. I hope we can get his shitey Newco in a cup at home so I can tell him exactly what I think of him.